What’s your current workout routine?

I am not that intense about it... I try to walk at least 5 days a week. I have been doing it since like August, and I have actually been sticking with it. I was doing Wii Fit back during the cold months before quitting and resuming activity in August.

What's a fat adapted runner?

Someone who can burn fat instead of carbs at a higher HR than normal.

Here is a good article on the subject.

I can't imagine eating only 1000 calories a day. I had 1300 yesterday and I'm doing intermittent fasting where I only eat between 12:00pm-8:00pm and all I can think about is lunch in an hour. I'd probably spend all day hangry if I only ate 1000 calories ;)

Fat adaptation also helps with regulating your blood sugar and insulin variability. Intermittent fasting has a lot of health benefits and having a body that can use fat as fuel makes that much easier. Even an extremely lean person (less than 8% body fat) has days worth of fuel stored for use. Due to our over-use of processed carbs our bodies become too reliant on carbs for fuel. We have the ability to reset our bodies to be better fat burners through a combination of dietary change and aerobic activity.

Becoming fat adapted as a runner is about 80% diet and 20% training.

Last edited:
I can't imagine eating only 1000 calories a day. I had 1300 yesterday and I'm doing intermittent fasting where I only eat between 12:00pm-8:00pm and all I can think about is lunch in an hour. I'd probably spend all day hangry if I only ate 1000 calories ;)
Like I said in another thread, I can't keep up with forums this large.

Anyways, I am hungry. Problem is at 9 pm, I'm not feeling like cooking, eating, and cleaning up. I'm heading to bed not much later than that.

I eat something for breakfast when I get to work and read emails (usually a sausage and egg sandwich I make and freeze.) I eat lunch around 11. I head out around 6 then I'm either heading north to get the kids or end up doing my running around. I get home around 8 or 9 if I don't get the kids. My oldest's car is down right now so I have been running out to get them. They're about 30 miles away. If I have the kids, then I'm not getting home until 10-10:30. We end up going out to the mall or something just for something to do. I can't afford eating out all the time, so I just don't eat. I only have $100 for the 2 weeks for food and groceries and that doesn't go very far.

I splurged and ate 2 donuts for breakfast today. 600 calories. My lunch was a Banquet Megabowl meal, 590 calories. I'll be hungry, but won't have time to eat when I get off work. So it's 1190 calories today. What's a divorced father of 2 to do with no money.

Like I said in another thread, I can't keep up with forums this large.

Anyways, I am hungry. Problem is at 9 pm, I'm not feeling like cooking, eating, and cleaning up. I'm heading to bed not much later than that.

I eat something for breakfast when I get to work and read emails (usually a sausage and egg sandwich I make and freeze.) I eat lunch around 11. I head out around 6 then I'm either heading north to get the kids or end up doing my running around. I get home around 8 or 9 if I don't get the kids. My oldest's car is down right now so I have been running out to get them. They're about 30 miles away. If I have the kids, then I'm not getting home until 10-10:30. We end up going out to the mall or something just for something to do. I can't afford eating out all the time, so I just don't eat. I only have $100 for the 2 weeks for food and groceries and that doesn't go very far.

I splurged and ate 2 donuts for breakfast today. 600 calories. My lunch was a Banquet Megabowl meal, 590 calories. I'll be hungry, but won't have time to eat when I get off work. So it's 1190 calories today. What's a divorced father of 2 to do with no money.

I'm sorry. That sounds like a really tough situation.

I have 2 great workouts from the for Dummies range by Gay Gasper called Fat burning workouts (cardio) and 15 minute workout (weights).
I do the cardio daily and alternate arms and legs daily with the 15 minute one. Plus I have a fitness watch (the samsung galaxy) and DH and I race to complete 100,000 steps a week.

Today I rode my bike on the trainer for an hour then got off and did a 30 min run. This was followed by a 3,000 meter swim, much of which was with my feet tied together with a bike tire tube (I think my coach is trying to drown me). Tomorrow I only have a 75 minute run. It's off season right now so while today was a little longer than most, I'm only training about 1.5-2 hours per day of swimming, biking, or running. This does include strength sessions as well.

I do most LEs Mills classes at my YMCA
Body Pump, Body Combat/Kickboxing, and CRX.
I swim laps in the summer, just for a change.
I also do Spin Classes.

I irritated 2 bone spurs in my heal, with a pulled ligament.
I went to physical therapy and she fixed it over the course of 2months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter