What airport have you used the most?

MEM is my home airport, so that's the most of course. The second, like for many here, is probably MCO. DAL or DFW used to be very common for me for work too.

So, thinking about some of the airports mentioned here, what do you guys think of airports where they give it a place name that's less than accurate? For example, there's Fresno-Yosemite Airport, which is in Fresno. It's more than 60 miles from the south entrance to Yosemite National Park and over 90 miles to Yosemite Valley. Reno decided to call their airport Reno-Tahoe Airport, even though it's about 30 miles to Lake Tahoe. I guess the oddest one was when San Joaquin County was discussing renaming their airport San Francisco-Stockton Regional Airport.

This article mentions other airports brought up by the consultant who recommended the name change for Stockton Airport. Names like Chicago Rockford Airport and Orlando Melbourne Airport were mentioned as airports where a larger city name was tacked on for more visibility.

https://www.recordnet.com/news/20171019/san-francisco-airport-in-stockton

1. LAX - It’s the only direct stop to the mainland US from Melbourne so any trip to the States has involved at least 2 visits to LAX, sometimes more.

2. Melbourne, Tullamarine - home

My home airport MCI (known as KCI to locals)

Other than that I can't say that I have used another airport more than another with exception to a BWI I used to visit my husband and soon to be LAX.

I'd say my husband has used BWI, Houston-Hobby and soon LAX a ton of times but that was during business and will be during business coming up where every 2 weeks he flew/flies home.

Tampa International, because we lived in Tampa a couple decades. At that time, I occasionally flew into & out of Orlando, but only when absolutely necessary. My airports now are Ft. Lauderdale or Miami International. TIA is by far the best airport of the four. Orlando & Miami are the worst.

1. LAX - It’s the only direct stop to the mainland US from Melbourne so any trip to the States has involved at least 2 visits to LAX, sometimes more.

2. Melbourne, Tullamarine - home

LAX is the worst airport I've even flown into, when needing to change planes. I'm glad I don't have to use that airport often.

LAX is the worst airport I've even flown into, when needing to change planes. I'm glad I don't have to use that airport often.

They're getting a new transportation system and modernization costing billions of dollars including finally connecting all terminals by tram. Also, they will connect to a new rent a car area removing the rent a car shuttle traffic from the terminal area. And it's also going to connect to various public transportation as well. TBIT has finished its upgrade. The Delta Terminals are being upgraded now.

PHL Philadelphia

I wish we could find better fares out of Harrisburg or somewhere close.im about 2 hours from Harrisburg, but have Baltimore, Philadelphia, Newark, New York in a 3-4 hour arc. And Pittsburg is a little further. It’s just tiring sometimes to drive just yonthe airport.

Oh yes, I HATE it! Especially as I’m always stuck in that awful United terminal. While we fly into TBIT from Australia we leave from the United terminal which has absolutely nothing! And if we have connecting flights then it’s a big walk from TBIT to the domestic terminal (especially for my mum who had to do it with a rotten hip). Unfortunately though it’s my only way to access Disney, Broadway and all the other wonderful things the States have to offer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter