What alcohol did you buy for the Holidays?

wishesuponastar

DIS Veteran
I never am the one to want a certain alcohol but this year I had went to my daughters apartment and she made a Malibu Bay Breeze and I forgot how good it was. So I bought a big bottle for Christmas week.
It was the 1.75 liter for $26 on sale. Normally $35
that’s all the alcohol we bought. We don’t usually drink except if company is over.

edit- we also already have a bottle of wine, Amaretto and vodka and kahlua.

Last edited:
Several bottles of red and white wine was all I purchased specifically for the holiday. But we have a small stocked bar with things like vodka, bourbon and rum already, so we didn't need much.

Won’t be at home for the holidays but I always put a bottle of Baileys in my DH’s stocking plus I always bring a bottle of that to my mom’s house.

- Spiced rum for the eggnog.
- Local hoppy craft beer for the fire pit.
- Chianti (current red wine of choice) for dinners and evenings.
- And Santa, that wonderful, crazy, arctic dude, always puts a nice beer bomber in my stocking.

well. my husband's retirement job is being the "Old World Wine Expert" at a local liquor store. We have two dozen bottles we are taking with us up to visit my mom for Christmas. Some are gifts we will leave for her, others we will drink at the various meals and get togethers. It is a variety of red, white, rose and bubbly.

Also some vodka, tequila, Aperol, elderflower liquour for other drinks.

We also have a great selection of other aperitifs, etc. We probably sound like alcoholics, but I promise you, we are not.

Last edited:

rum for me......of course
Fireball (DH and one of the DIL's always do a shot)
Pinot Grigio wine (for another one of the DILs)
Coors Light for various brothers and sisters who stop by
Vodka, I will give to DH for his Bloody Marys
and Peppermint flavored Vodka as Mother loves that in her hot chocolate. :santa:

We keep a pretty well stocked bar year round. Specifically for Christmas, we added Shiner Cheer, Salted caramel Crown, and Pennsylvania Dutch Egg nog.

We had a cookie decorating party last night with 17 people here and all but two were adults so I need to check this morning to see if I need to stock anything else before Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We are very casual so everyone here was welcome to the beer fridge and everything else.

My Secret Santa gave me a liquor store gift card at our reveal lunch on Friday. I may need to use it today.

I keep a pretty well stocked bar but specially for the holidays I made Christmas vodka and bought wine slushee kit.
As a gift I’m giving dh a basket with the makings for various mezcal cocktails.

I don't buy a lot of liquor during the year and never multiple bottles except at Christmas. I made my run a week ago and got a bottle of nice Pino Noir, a bottle of Prosecco, a carton of craft beers and a big bottle of Baileys. :scared1: It cost almost as much as a week's worth of groceries.

I keep a pretty well stocked bar but specially for the holidays I made Christmas vodka and bought wine slushee kit.
As a gift I’m giving dh a basket with the makings for various mezcal cocktails.

I’d love the details on that basket. My DH loves mezcal.!

I don't buy a lot of liquor during the year and never multiple bottles except at Christmas. I made my run a week ago and got a bottle of nice Pino Noir, a bottle of Prosecco, a carton of craft beers and a big bottle of Baileys. :scared1: It cost almost as much as a week's worth of groceries.
Definitely costly especially now that our kids are adults. My sister who lives local and I share holidays and now that 3 of her 4 are 21+ and my 2 are adults plus we’ve added significant others who are adults holiday beverages have become a whole budget line item. And to think that we used to complain about how much soda they could drink on a holiday.😂

well. my husband's retirement job is being the "Old World Wine Expert" at a local liquor store. We have two dozen bottles we are taking with us up to visit my mom for Christmas. Some are gifts we will leave for her, others we will drink at the various meals and get togethers. It is a variety of red, white, rose and bubbly.

Also some vodka, tequila, Aperol, elderflower liquour for other drinks.

We also have a great selection of other aperitifs, etc. We probably sound like alcoholics, but I promise you, we are not.
Can you compare the taste of the elderflower to anything? I am seeing it more and more in drinks at restaurants and want to try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter