What are the best things about Epcot?

The sense of idealism. Every country is presented at its best in its pavillion, and-- despite different religions, cultures, languages, political views, etc-- all of the countries coexist harmonically in World Showcase. To a degree, the same can still be said about Future World and its presentation of technology always improving our lives and creating a better future.

Has anyone mentioned the food? :laughing: Easily the best part of the park: variety, quality, and availability.

Also, nostalgia is a big player for us. Like Oneanne mentioned, when I was first planning a trip with young kids in 1999, I read that it's good to take them to EPCOT first and "build toward" MK. I took the advice, but my kids loved, and still love, EPCOT, and so a tradition was born. We associate Spaceship Earth with our arrival, fresh and excited, to the World.

Also, I want to mention the festivals in a positive light. Now that DH and I travel as a couple more than with family, it's so nice to have these events on occasion, just to change things up a bit.

This has been on my 'To Do' list the last 3 years, gonna happen this Fall.

Bill From PA

Love the rides especially Soarin. The World Showcase is amazing with all the different countries.
We love trying all the different restaurants.
It is just so different than the other parks.

Is it cheating to just say "EPCOT is the best!"? ;) Okay, well since I imagine it is, here are some of my favorite things about EPCOT:

*World Showcase
*a more laid back feeling (With less "must-do" rides in this park (and the ones that are here being more spread apart), you don't feel like you're surrounded by a stampede of people all trying to be first in line at any cost.
*Future World at night
*the fountains
*Spaceship Earth
*The Land
*the feeling of more space....the crowds never to make us feel as, well---crowded, at EPCOT. I think because there are just so many little nooks to go where it will be more quiet if you need that for a bit.
*Illuminations...and although I know we're getting a new evening show, I hope it will be equally lovely
*The variety of food
*being able to walk to and from EPCOT & the EPCOT resorts.
*The fact that we could walk around EPCOT all day, never get on an actual ride (although if Spaceship Earth is open, we always ride it!) and be perfectly happy.

EPCOT is always the first place we go. It's always the last park we visit, and we tend to hop there, for at least a little while, almost every night of our trip.

Last edited:
1) Rides. Soarin, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and if you don't have to wait, FEA.
2) Restaurants - Via Napoli (best pizza and food on the planet), Teppan Edo (atmosphere), San Angel, French restaurants, Marrakesh.
3) The festivals - flower, food and wine, etc.
4) Illuminations - love the preshow and postshow music as well as the show itselft.
5) Rock series at america gardens theatre. Lots of great concerts and big name bands.

Typical day for us - just completed a trip - stay at Beach club. Rope drop test track. Ride soarin (once fastpass, once standby). Single ride test track again. Spaceship earth. Walk around the world showcase - pizza by the slice at via napoli or boardwalk, Morroco's counter service. Back to hotel room for one hour workout (1PM), pool in afternoon; then over to America for concert, then dinner at Via Napoli, then FEA (no wait that late), then illuminations.

My favorite part of EPCOT is all the areas for kids to play. There's a few fountains (one by TT and one at the entrance to WS), the playplace after Mission Space, and I think they built a new outside one.

I like the various street performers - Trash can drummers, chair guy, gymnasts, etc...

Also, alcohol.

Well I was a Marine until they broke me a little. When we go to Epcot I follow my daughter while she shops but when we hit America she knows we will be watching The American Experience (when in MK we do Hall Of Presidents).

Voices of Liberty
The CMs from around the world
The variety of food choices, including festivals
The attention to detail in each of the countries
The Flower and Garden Festival flowers

EPCOT is my favorite park because:
* The size allows for more space and a relaxed feel
* awesome street performers and scheduled events
* Food & Wine Festival
* numerous choices in food and alcoholic beverages
* love you can walk from the Boardwalk area
* the shops in the WS (especially the perfume shops)
* watching Illuminations from the R&C during dinner
* Illuminations cruises

By far,it is the International Cast Members in World Showcase!

They give ONE WHOLE YEAR of their young lives to Walt Disney World!

For many of them,it is their FIRST time away from home!

I always tell them they are the most important Cast Members at WDW because they bring the WORLD to WORLD Showcase!:)

Last edited:
I like how my Epcot days are more relaxing. It doesn't have the stressful/crazy/crowded feeling that the other parks do.

1. Figment
2. Garden Grill
3. Spaceship Earth
4. Spice Road Table
5. Flower & Garden

ADULT BEVERAGES!:goodvibes
Seriously though, I love the World Showcase. It’s mostly about the kids in the other parks, but in Epcot WS, adults get to enjoy things more geared towards us. Not just the food & drinks, which are awesome, but also the movies in the countries that give information about each, the “street” shows, and all the details in each country is fascinating. Every time we go I seem to notice something new. I also like to get a drink and people watch. It’s relaxing & enjoyable. Now, don’t get me wrong I enjoy the other parks too, cause I am a big kid at heart, but I like & need something with a little more adult theme or interest, especially after being at MK all day. :laughing:

* Park layout - plenty of places to get away from crowds and relax in beautiful and unique settings (not just hiding on a park bench behind a tree); also you never feel like a sardine (except maybe in WS on a F&W weekend) unlike many other Disney parks
* Balance of rides/shows/attractions - you aren't burnt out at the end of the day
* Food choices
* The fact that my tween/teen boys still pick Epcot as their favorite park now as they did 10 years ago!

One of our main reasons for always getting park hoppers is that we know we will end up at Epcot multiple times. It's always high on someone's requests for the day for either a specific food or ride or even show!

**I do REALLY miss all the hidden gems in Innovations. Our boys would hang out for hours in there choosing from various activities. So much to see and do. So much glorious A/C!

The thing I like about Epcot is the fact that it can be whatever you need it to be.

It's got the typical amenities of other major theme parks. If you're wanting to hit a few thrill rides you can. Need to see some characters? Epcot has some good spots for that, too. Or, do you just need a break from the typical park madness? You can do that there, too. If you want to just "be" in a Disney park, Epcot is a prime candidate because, as others have noted, even on the busiest of days the pathways are large enough that you're not piling bodies on top of each other like you do at any of the other parks. Additionally, Epcot's various pavilions allow you to take the "just being in the magic", leisurely mentality a notch further by ducking in to the pavilions and getting lost in the theming, shopping and/or snacking for as long as you please.

Sometimes I can knock Epcot out in about an hour. Other times, I could stay practically all day doing any number of things. And that's what makes it a more enjoyable, more stress-free park to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter