• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Leftovers. We have tacos, pizza, fried chicken, and hamburgers in the fridge right now, plus assorted side dishes. I already told the kids I'm not cooking until most of it is gone. My teenage son wiped out half of a pizza already and now he's working on the taco fixings. My daughter had chicken and green beans and I had a burger and veggie quinoa. I would rather have taco salad, but we are all out of lettuce and spinach and I'm too lazy to go to the store right now, it's freezing cold outside!

Homemade buttermilk pancakes. My son had a root canal yesterday and needs to eat soft foods. I may make chicken alfredo for my other son if I’m feeling ambitious. Right now I’m feeling a nap... lol

Movie theater popcorn. We're going to a show.

Don't judge :P
Not judging, I eat pretty healthy, real food made from scratch, but movie theater popcorn is a guilty pleasure. We only go every three years or so, it’s so bad for you, but it’s my dinner and I love every bite. Some people do dinner and a movie, me never, the popcorn is my dinner (with butter flavored topping, if course). I remember sending DH to the movie theater just to get me popcorn once during a pregnancy.

...I use skinnytaste.com for a lot of recipes and have the cookbooks. I also got Magnolia Table by Joanna Gaines...love the recipes! And of course Pioneer Woman cookbooks. I am way more into cooking now than I have been in the past 20 years. I usually can't wait to get home and make dinner. Yum!
:worship:Bless your heart - I hope I cycle back around to feeling that way someday. For now I am just over it. I'd almost rather go hungry than have to cook and I wish I could get DH on-board with eating cereal for supper more often. He's a brutal (I mean really wretched) cook so he's not much help and while he could handle take-out four days a week, I'm totally sick of things I haven't even had in a while.

Tonight I'm soldiering on with striploins, Caesar salad and some garlic toast. {{sigh}}

Last edited:

I'm thinking steaks on the grill (even tho it is 30 degrees outside), baked potatoes and stir fried green beans. DH may want something different when he gets back, but we have everything we need for my plan. We bought half a cow from DH's friend in November and now we have a freezer full of beef, which is very convenient.

We are having a snowstorm and I am using the grill too. Salmon cooked on an alder plank.

A shrimp and broccoli stirfry. I'm soooo glad my husband cooked my work dinners this week! (He does most weeks honestly, I'm a little spoiled)

:worship:Bless your heart - I hope I cycle back around to feeling that way someday. For now I am just over it. I'd almost rather go hungry than have to cook and I wish I could get DH on-board with eating cereal for supper more often. He's a brutal (I mean really wretched) cook so he's not much help and while he could handle take-out four days a week, I'm totally sick of things I haven't even had in a while.

Tonight I'm soldiering on with striploins, Caesar salad and some garlic toast. {{sigh}}

Hey! No need for the insult! lol

It’s weird. I was never like this before. I kinda feel guilty that I didn’t cook like this when DD was growing up. There are some days I dread it but mostly I can’t wait to try a new recipe or make a new favorite.

Hey! No need for the insult! lol

It’s weird. I was never like this before. I kinda feel guilty that I didn’t cook like this when DD was growing up. There are some days I dread it but mostly I can’t wait to try a new recipe or make a new favorite.
:teeth: Oh, not at all!! I'm Canadian so of course I meant it in the nice way. ;)

The oldest made piroshki. She's responsible for one meal a week - she picks whatever she wants. She saw this on anime and wanted to try it. First time any of us have had it/made it. It was ok, a little bland.

Interesting. Something I've never heard of. It has now been moved to the top of my list. :teeth: Do you have an easy recipe?

Larb
2 lbs ground chicken (pork or turkey will work too)
1/2 red onion sliced thin
5 green onions sliced
Chopped cilantro
1/8 cup crushed Red pepper flakes
4 TBS Fish sauce
8 TBS Lime juice

Cooked ground chicken until done. Add red pepper flakes, fish sauce, & lime juice. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add red onion and cook until translucent about 5 minutes. Shut off heat and add cilantro and green onions. Serve with white rice and shredded cabbage or whole cabbage. Top with Soy sauce optional.

Larb
2 lbs ground chicken (pork or turkey will work too)
1/2 red onion sliced thin
5 green onions sliced
Chopped cilantro
1/8 cup crushed Red pepper flakes
4 TBS Fish sauce
8 TBS Lime juice

Cooked ground chicken until done. Add red pepper flakes, fish sauce, & lime juice. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add red onion and cook until translucent about 5 minutes. Shut off heat and add cilantro and green onions. Serve with white rice and shredded cabbage or whole cabbage. Top with Soy sauce optional.

Thanks. I'm definitely trying this. Do you do anything with the cabbage (boil, roast, etc.)?

Thanks. I'm definitely trying this. Do you do anything with the cabbage (boil, roast, etc.)?

Nope just raw cabbage. You can mix in the shredded cabbage in individual bowls to soften like an all in one burrito style bowl or you can use cabbage wedges to eat it as a cup wrap or on the side to eat on its own. The cabbage helps with the heat index. You can go more heat/spicy by adding other peppers such as serrano, jalapeño, etc. or more crushed red peppers. Or lessen the heat by adding less crushed red peppers.

Nope just raw cabbage. You can mix in the shredded cabbage in individual bowls to soften like an all in one burrito style bowl or you can use cabbage wedges to eat it as a cup wrap or on the side to eat on its own. The cabbage helps with the heat index. You can go more heat/spicy by adding other peppers such as serrano, jalapeño, etc. or more crushed red peppers. Or lessen the heat by adding less crushed red peppers.

Thanks again. DH & DS are good with hot spices. I'm working on it, but I'm still a heat wimp. :o I'll add a bag of slaw cut cabbage to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter