• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you having for dinner tonight?

I made "Chipotle" burrito bowls for dinner last night. I usually buy boneless, skinless chicken thighs in bulk. I trim them and then package them in zip-top bags with McCormick Grill Mates Mesquite marindade (in the dry packet aisle at the grocery store). The packages get frozen flat (so that they thaw faster when I need them). My daughter announced she was coming home for dinner last minute, so I put on the rice cooker with brown rice, diced a couple of avocados (no time to make guac), grabbed a jar of salsa from the pantry (no time to make fresh), grated some Monterey Jack cheese, dumped some Trader Joe's grilled corn into a pan to heat through, then grilled and diced the chicken. We were eating about an hour later.

Palak Paneer, brown rice, and naan. It's TJ's frozen Palak so nothing fancy but it is good. First time trying brown rice so fingers crossed. Trying to add more whole grains to my diet.

This may change if I see something at the Farmers Market here in a bit.

We ended up at Perkins last night. I ordered eggs benedict, no meat, hashbrowns, and decaf coffee. I ended up feeling ill before the food came, so I nibbled at the English muffin and hollandaise and then mixed the eggs into the hashbrowns and pawned them off on my son. Went home and went right to bed. Not sure what the deal was..

Tonight is bowling league, so dinner will be something healthy from there, I am sure. They have the BEST fries..

I made shrimp scampi with linguine and roasted zuccinni last night - it was a hit all around. Tonight is pizza at my folks house.

ETA: small kids learning to "twirl" pasta noodles never fails to entertain, and to make dinner take forever.

chicken carbonara and chicken alfredo ala Olive Garden with pasta e fagoli and breadsticks (I just ordered online.)

chicken carbonara and chicken alfredo ala Olive Garden with pasta e fagoli and breadsticks (I just ordered online.)
Just out of curiosity, would you mind telling me how much that costs where you are? I just checked it out here and for one order of each of those, soup & bread sticks included, the bill came to $48.47 without tax, delivery or tip.

I made plain boring pasta tonight but I also made raspberry syrup to prep for our breakfast for dinner on the 12th with my husband. I cannot wait for that dinner - I gave my husband a waffle maker for a combo birthday/Valentine’s Day gift so we decided to enjoy it for a rare evening off together.

Just out of curiosity, would you mind telling me how much that costs where you are? I just checked it out here and for one order of each of those, soup & bread sticks included, the bill came to $48.47 without tax, delivery or tip.

i ordered 6 extra bread sticks $3.79 and picked it up in person. IIRC it was $43 including tax. If I had had it delivered and tipped the driver it would have been comparable.

Okay lets see what we had for dinner this week. Not in any order....

Fried pork chops (really pan sauteed) with stuffing and corn on the cob

Chicken parm, with left over red sauce and pasta, and garlic bread

Marinade chicken in teriyaki sauce, rice and steamed broccoli

Shrimp with pasta, in brown butter and lemon sauce with mushrooms, spinach, green peas, topped with green onions after cooking...

DH ate at a trade show, and had a sandwich when he got home, I had yogurt and fruit...

Last night ordered Macaroni Grill - and picked it up...

This week coming up -

Grilled pork tenderloin - baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli

Roasted Lemon Herb chicken with lemon pasta and veggie thrown in...

Broiled or baked fish... with Parmesan and Panko sprinkled on top, wild rice with mushroom and onions cooked in beef stock and steamed carrots finished with a touch of honey...( I steam them first them put them in a stainless steel mixing bowl, with butter and honey, just enough to coat and cover the carrots, seal with bowl with foil for a few minutes to soak up the butter and honey, them serve right away you can sprinkle some parsley or other herbs over if you want to)

Meatballs and ??? - I am planning on re-stocking my freezer, so I will probably make 100 to 150 meatball for the freezer - basic Italian style and then some Asian inspired ones..

That's as far as I got on the meal planning for this week...

Driving to my dd's college later today to take her out to dinner for her birthday (it's next weekend but she is busy). It's up to her where she wants to go but I'm hoping not a steakhouse as we grilled steaks last night. I'm hoping for pasta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter