What are your plans for July 17?

Peter_noPan

DVC member
OK We are just over a month from the true 50th.

We will be there and plan on getting to the park EARLY.

Other than that we really have no true plans, other than staying there the entire day.

For those of you that will be there, what plans do you have?

Sitting at home on the internet ridiculing the people who would subject themselves to that madhouse.

j/k

Get there early, send one person in our group for Space Mountain FPs while the rest of us get lockers/other nessecities, then probably go line up for Space so we can get on it a couple of times.

We will be attending the breakfast at dawn on the Mark Twain, lunch at Club 33, and then we will be spending the rest of the day (and evening) enjoying people watching, soaking up the atmosphere and riding a few attractions.

Suzi

:earboy2: My plans for July 17th are as follows: Being glad I didn't go to Disneyland on the official birthday as originally planned, and being thankful I made my reservations for the week after, although I've noticed a lot of hotels are booked for then too. But I don't think the crowd will be nearly as bad as the 17th will be. :flower:

We plan to get there early, get FPs for Space Mountain -- if the line is too long, we'll do it another time -- enjoy the crowd and being at the Original Magic Kingdom on its 50th birthday celebration.

We will do the Breakfast at Dawn at the French Market. get a few fast passes, meet up with friends when they arrive in the park. Stand in lines, but mainly just enjoy being in the park that day.

My guess is that they will have a few surprises or speeches regarding the birthday. Hopefully, little or no press will be there. We paid a lot for this day and wouldn't want things blocked off just so they can have freebies.

Baloo2003 said:
We will do the Breakfast at Dawn at the French Market. .................... We paid a lot for this day and wouldn't want things blocked off just so they can have freebies.

Is this Breakfast at Dawn thing something anyone can do? Is this an addtional cost? What kind of freebies will they give out? We will be leaving for our cruise that day, but will make a special trip over to the park before we leave it they are giving out something special. :Pinkbounc

I will be crying at home as I do load after load of laundry... that is the day after we return from our trip to DL!!............P

DonnettaR said:
Is this Breakfast at Dawn thing something anyone can do? Is this an addtional cost? What kind of freebies will they give out? We will be leaving for our cruise that day, but will make a special trip over to the park before we leave it they are giving out something special. :Pinkbounc

Hi DonnettaR:

Breakfast at Dawn is a part of 3 Celebrating 50 Years of Magical Memories Event plans. It is a part of either Walts' Dream, Roy's Plan, or Lillian's Inspiration. They were offered thru the disneygallery.com and are now sold out. We definitely splurged to do the Lillian's Insiration, but hopefully it will be worth it.

We plan to meet up with friends who don't have one of these packages and to spend the entire day in DL. It will be a long day. Part of the plan also allows us to ride Space Mountain on the 17th. I know it will be open to everyone, but maybe we get something extra????

It will definitely be an expensive year.

I will be in Oregon, having my own DL birthday party (with my Pal Mickey, Interactive Stitch and a few other friends).
I think I will set up my Small World dolls, and make my own Small World ride, Play my DL music, and imagine that I am in DL on a day that is not so crowded.

I leave for DL tomorrow, and have already been to WDW 2x in the last 7 months. Therefore I will have had enough Disney to appreciate being in my own home, celebrating the beginning, and avoiding the madness.

My family will be in route to DL as we leave the 17th am and will arrive the 18th!!! WooHoo!!!!!!!!Can't wait....We will be in parks the 19th.

Judy from Boise said:
I will be in Boise reading Harry Potter!

Heheheheh. Harry will be waiting for me when I get home from "the madness".
I figure I'd be one of the crazies who will stay all day, milling around the crowds.

I've never gone to WDW during Christmas or New Years, so at least I'll know I'll be getting something similar at DL's 50th. :rotfl:

We will still be doing Disney but in Florida. We booked this trip 11 months ago and didn't realize the date was Disneyland's official day. We already visited on May 5th and would have been back on July 17th had I known. At least we will be celebrating Disney though.

Get up.

Go to work.

Go home.

Go to bed.

Do not pass McDonalds, do not collect 2000 calories. :guilty:

6 am Breakfast in New Orleans Square
8am Space Mountain
9am-12pm hang out and soak up the atmosphere
12pm lunch at the Blue Bayou
1:30pm - 6:50pm keep a low profile in the Park. Take a snooze at the back of Hungry Bear
6:50 pm Dinner at the Blue Bayou
8:15pm-11pm enjoy Disneyland At Night
11:30 pm Riverside seating w/dessert at Fantasmic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter