What are your plans for July 17?

1. Get there early
2. Wear golden ears
3. Take lots of pictures
4. Relish being part of history

That's it!

Probably just sit around the park and people watch. I doubt I'll get to see any attractions except maybe the tiki room or something...although I'd want to ride at least Pirates and the HM if possible.

I've heard DL has canceled all the Princess Breakfast ressies for the 17th- and that lots of people with other ressies have received calls stating that there is NO guarenteed entry that day...

I knew its gonna be big but I didnt think it would be THIS big... Lining up at 2am seems like a better and better idea ;)

Disneyland_emily said:
I've heard DL has canceled all the Princess Breakfast ressies for the 17th- and that lots of people with other ressies have received calls stating that there is NO guarenteed entry that day...

I knew its gonna be big but I didnt think it would be THIS big... Lining up at 2am seems like a better and better idea ;)

When I called for reservations I was told that reservations weren't being taken for July 16th through the 18th?? Unless you purchased one of the "big doozie packages", reservations aren't available??

I completely agree with you about the whole 2am thought! I just can't imagine getting there and not being able to walk thru the gates. :sad2:

barbarabee said:
Even staying on-site does not give you guaranteed entry for the 17th, it says so right on our reservation for the Disneyland Hotel.

That's ok. I'll still be in Chicago time, since I will arrive on Saturday.
That pretty much guarantees that I'll be waking up around 5:30 or 6am
on my own, no need for wake up calls!

Plenty of time to get ready to wait for park opening.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

This is a quote that I read on another (LP) board today regarding Disney's plans for the 17th:
I heard a “second hand rumor” yesterday
“second hand rumor”= the person who told me heard it from a manager

He stated that they are going to cap attendance that day at 45,000 guests so that there will be a “Comfortable “ level in the park. If you leave you will not be allowed back in unless they have opened the turnstiles again, no guarantee of admission for resort guess.
:confused3

If they do that, it will be great for those that got in early, but terrible for those who get there late.

I read that same thing post but not on LP.

45k is a normal Saturday, not even a busy Saturday. The likelihood of them doing this is slim to non, IMO. They are expeceting and I am sure looking forward to 75k+.

tink71973 said:
I am going to read Harry Potter
at Disneyland!!! so if you see a
crazy woman reading in line to
her kids that will be us.

If you see a crazy couple .. that will be us! (We have the same Potter plans.)

Where do you plan on getting your book? Have you pre-ordered it?

We figure there will be many lines and much sitting.

We did not get reservations, becaue we want to be able to be flexible.

They are not taking ressies at Plaza Inn for the 16 - 18.

There will be some events (the woman from City Hall indicated she believed it likely to be a rededication ceremony).

She also re-emphasdized the cap.

And she indicated something will be given away to park guests, but she would not indicate what.

I'm hoping for a rededication ceremony.

I've heard they're giving out cake and mouse ears.

I've pre-order Harry Potter myself and plan to pick it up and start reading it on the 16th, but I'm not taking it to DL--I'll be too distracted to read it.

disneychrista said:
I read that same thing post but not on LP.

45k is a normal Saturday, not even a busy Saturday. The likelihood of them doing this is slim to non, IMO. They are expeceting and I am sure looking forward to 75k+.

If this were true, a limit of 45K, I would re-consider being there that day.
I am more willing to wait in line several hours, than I am to tolerate the park when it is packed to capacity.

I think that whatever max capacity is, the number needs to be lower.
I could barely move around, in the DL, on Monday. I don't think it was even at max capacity.
I remembered why I usually go in February.
I may go back in February.

I had my Princess Breakfast ressies cancelled by Disneyland.

I plann getting there early and staying late and enjoying the whole madenss of it all.

My husband read that there will be a re-broadcast of Walt's Opening Day Speech at 4:30 pm. How fun is that going to be?

And I second the hats and cake thing. Cupcakes, I believe.

Rubbing elbows, literally, with a lot of other Disney fans at the park.

and taking photos of course......

DisneyTart said:
Cruising on the MAGIC!!!!! :cool1:

Ohhh DisneyTart, I have to say I am jealous of you! Now that is a wonderful, relaxing way to help celebrate Disneyland's birthday.......sailing on the Magic!!

Enjoy your cruise!

I'll be getting in line by 5 am, probably reading DisneyWars. Getting some mouse ears and cupcakes, heading strait for Space Mountain!
Our meetup at 11, then squeeze in another meetup at noon, if its possible
Have fun and keep a smile upon my pretty face!

I will be at home reading Harry Potter!!! No way in the world I want to be anywhere near Disneyland on the 17th. Disneyland is my favorite place in the whole world, but I CANNOT tolerate crowds and would never be able to handle that! I was there once on the 4th of July and once in October when the Electric Parade was "going away" and those were two of the worst Disneyland experiences ever. I never want to be in a situation like that again!

We are going in October and I can't wait!

I hope you all have a blast! I can't wait to read your trip reports about the day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter