What are your traditions?

Strawberry Lemonade

<font color=navy blue>Lucas' mama</font><br><font
Do you have something you do during every WDW trip? My DH always takes my picture sitting on a wall near the Cinderella Castle. We also buy a Christmas tree ornament every time we're there - pretty soon our tree will be full of Disney ornaments!

So...what are your traditions?

Great question! I like the ornament idea, but have not kept up with it. Here's a few... just one more week!

We try to take a family pic by Roy and Minnie on Main Street, and by Walt near the castle.

Other traditions:

Must have my Dole Pineapple Whip at Aloha Isle!

Must have my Guiness at Rose n Crown.

Daughter is 10 and has been going since 4. She tightropes just about every curb along Main Street or anywhere else in WDW. I don't know how it started, but it is a tradition now!

Home movies! I videotape my kids on the rides as they become Walter Cronkite, narrating the entire event. At one point on the "Blue Cars" (TTA), my daughter always says, "Hang on, here we gooooOOO!". On top of Thunder Mountain, my son always yells, Mommmmmieeeeeee!

My son must have a Kiluhea Tort for desert at Kona Cafe. Daughter has the Kiddie Cone.

On that sad moment at the end of the trip, I interview the entire family about the highlights of the trip. Rides, food, funny things... Makes a great ending to the video.

Our family has a few tradtions. Some are recent, since we've had the girls.

1. Chef Mickey's for dinner on the first night. Get's the family in the spirit - and the food is great.

2. We take a picture of our girls at Cinderella's fountain. This way we can see how they grow from year to year.

3. I just started letting the older one pick a pearl in Japan. I am going to have the pearls made into something for her communion. I am not thinking beyond that - I am having enough to deal with since she graduated from prek!:D

I also do the christmas ornament thing. What started out as a few ornaments to remember our trips around the holidays has turned into a full feldged obsession!!! Also getting a VOLCANOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the RFC. We've been doing it since the very first trip and i hope to be 80 at disney buying ornaments and eatting a volcanoe with Dh.;)

We always start with Dinner at Chef Mickey's and end with breakfast at Crystal Palace. We also do the christmas ornament. The family picture by the statue of Walt is also a must.

We always go to Disney studios first day and MK last day. (I insist on this with my husband cos that's what I did with my mum and dad when I was little). I always have my photo with the goofy statue when we go in to MK, with me sitting the same as goofy. We always have a pint at the Rose and Crown, mid afternoon (even if it is double the price of at home!)My husband always has an icecream from the main street parlour before the parade.

I want to be there now!!!!!!!!!!!

Verity.xxxxxxxxxxx

We also do the ornament....................
We spend the first night of our trip in DD.
We always go on POC first! No matter how long the line is, we do that first. My sister and I started doing this when we were small, now all of our children want to do it too.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

In the past few years, one of my traditions has become going to the Expo Hall on Main Street to see if there are any princesses back there. In the past couple years, I've seen Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Mary Poppins, Wendy, Cruella, Belle, and Jasmine all back there at different times and there's always little to no line to see them. It's also sort of a tradition to as soon as I get to my resort, my first stop is always the resort gift shop. :p

We have several traditions that started back in the mid-80's when we first started going.....took our son when he was 3 for the first time in 1987...

1) Always go to lunch on the first day at Brown Derby. We time our travel to get to WDW around 10 or 11 each time.

2) Always have a dinner at Mitsukoshi Room at Japan in Epcot.

3) Always do a new event or restaurant when we go. Last year it was O'hana's for a 25th wedding anniversary. This year we booked the Segway Tour at Epcot. We look forward to riding around the World Showcase on Segways before that part opens up.....wish I had one to ride each time I was there...lol..

Won't be long now...:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The night before our trip, we always go to the Chinease place up the street for a huge dinner. We have been going for as long as i can remember.

As for the parks, the only tradition that we have i guess would be the "ride suggestion rotation" Each person chooses a ride and it starts with the youngest and to the oldest.

Oh and I just remembered that we ALWAYS go to Cape May for a dinner buffet. The best clam chowder i have ever had.

We have several traditions our family has made over the years.

First and last days breakfasts are at Crystal Palace
First days lunch at Casey's Corner or Pecos Bills
First nights dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

Last nights dinner at Artist Point

First ride is Haunted Mansion and then right to Pirates of the Caribbean.

We always buy a snowglobe for DD, and wife. I buy a Christmas ornament either at the Christmas Store in MK or DTD.

Our son, James, has invited us to go with them on our grandson's first trip to WDW in October. James is a big "traditionalist" and has plans for starting their own Disney trip traditions right off.

First and last days breakfasts are at Crystal Place
First nights dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

Last nights dinner at Artist Point

He says we need to wait on HM & POC for a while.

I never thought the kids paid any attention when we went on our trips to WDW about where, when and what order or where we ate. Now that both boys have their own families, and are starting to take their kids to WDW, they're beginning their own traditions. I can't wait to see the magical world of Disney through my grandsons eyes and how my son's with his boy. I can still remember that first time walking down Main Street with them. This will be a trip that I'll never forget!!

We have a few traditions.

1) Mk is always on the first day and Dumbo is always the first ride. My daughter is 13 and she still insist we ride Dumbo first.

2) I always take my daughter's picture at the picture spot in MK with the Splash Mountain drop in the background.

and
3) We always buy a Christmas Ornament, too!

Eating lunch at Prime Time in MGM and getting a PJ Milkshake.
1st day is MK and getting a cookie ice cream sandwich at the bakery.
We must ride Haunted Mansion/Pirates/or Jungle Cruise first.
1st nights dinner at Jungle Jims (I know this is off property but has become part of the tradition)
Stopping and listening to fountain at Epcot

Great thread!! We have several family traditions.
1. Chef Mickeys is our dinner on our first night there.
2. Dd has her picture taken in Minnie's chair in her house, the chair with the book open on the arm of the chair. Shows us how she's grown over the years.
3. BTMRR is always our first MK ride.
4. and of course a Christmas ornament each trip.

1st night we usually go to DD, cause we come in by train so we are pretty tired ,up early the 1st day. , We always go to MK our very 1st full day and also our last night. We stay as late as it is open. I also try to get a picture of us all on main st. so we see the Castle in the background. so that is pretty much what our usual plans are.

We always take pictures of the kids standing next to the Wooden Indians on Main St & Frontierland. Eclairs and fruit & cheese platters from the bakery in France. Have our picture taken in one of the sticker photo booths at Imagination Station. The "World of Disney" store" is usually our last stop before the airport or the ride home.

arrive at wdw on a thursday

visit mk first

take a pic of the kids in front of the entrance to mk, with train station in the background

take pics in front of the walt and mickey statue

ride buzz lightyear first at mk

try one new 'special' restuarant per trip; ie, ohana, chef mickeys, etc.

buy a new lego toy for kids at dtd-dd age 15 is about over that one, lol!

spend at least one afternoon swimming at the resort and having pizza by the pool

start planning our next trip before we leave!

We always go to the Sunshine Tree Terrace in Adventureland and get a Coke Float!!!! (actually diet coke float). We aren't at Disney until we do this!!:drinking1

It appears one of our traditions has become to stop at one of the hat carts and try on all the hats... taking silly pictures.... we always seem to get cute ones, including always getting that one where the hat is too big for the child and it covers up half their head! I.e. the sorcerer hats, or the castle or birthday hats ...
Getting pics riding on Dumbo seems to be important too!

A late night swim at least one night ... usually the last night at the hotel is also a tradition we've been keeping up.

I guess this is kind of weird but everytime I go to Disney I have to get the refillable mugs. So now I have them from every hotel I have stayed at and if there is any special events like 25th Anniv., Valentine's Day, 100 year Celebration, etc. I will get them also. And of course there is that tradition of the family disagreement at least once on every trip! HaHa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter