What are your traditions?

MY DW and I have started a few traditions ever since we started going as a couple.

First day, MK is a must.
Sometime there we need to get a turkey leg to share, and a hot dog and kraut at Caseys'.
We have to eat at Whispering Canyons at WL for lunch.
My DW needs popcorn prior to any parade or fireworks.
Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
Pics with Donald and Dopey our Fav. Characters
......and of course Christmas ornaments and at least 1 snowglobe for our collection....:love2:

MVMCP each year since 1992,we always arrive on a Sunday on our December trips.We go to 7:15 HDDR then go on hayride and watch EWP.We also do a Candlelight Processional Dinner Package and see Osborne Light's,couldn't last year because they didn't have them.This year they are back yahoo.::yes:: :wave2:

Opening dinner is either at 'Ohana or Teppanyaki. First ride must be a new attraction if available. Must have a turkey leg.
Less then two weeks until mission space! ::MickeyMo

My one tradition is that I always start a visit to the MK with a stop at the Dumbo statue in the hub. He's my favorite and I always go and spend a minute there and stroke his ears. I usually have a picture taken as well.

We also try and do something new and different each trip. On our last trip in May we did the Segway tour and it was great fun!

Always go to Toontown and get a picture of ds's standing with the Mickey mailbox in front of his house.

Buy at least one dated Christmas ornament.

Buy at least one new coffee cup - specific to that trip like from the resort.

Take a picture with Walt and Mickey.

Go to ESPN to eat.

Play both sides of Winter/Summerland first thing in the morning.

Buy a new stuffed animal for each ds.

Always take a picture of ds's in Donald's boat windows in Toontown.

A funnel cake at the America Pavilion at Epcot.

A turkey leg from MGM. (My fiancée doesn't like them from the Magic Kingdom cause she says every place in Frontierland looks dirty because of all the birds and bird poop LOL!)

a cuban sandwich at Bongos!

Notice how most of our traditions revolve around food?! :)

As far as parks go, we don't really have an absolute "we must do this first". We always just decide as we go, so I suppose that's our tradition.

Great Thread!

There are some pretty neat traditions here! I'll have to remember these for our next trip!

Here are some that we have done over the past few years:
1. Always go to Magic Kingdom first and ride Dumbo!
2. Get a Dole Pineapple Float in Adventureland. (Yum!)
3. At Epcot, get a Kaki Gori in Japan. :hyper: Love those!
3. Also at Epcot, both my daughters love to pick out a pearl in Japan so we do that on each trip. One of these days we will have to do something with all of those pearls!

:tongue:

A Guinness at the Rose and Crown....Every Single Time!!!
:drinking1

I thought of another one! At MGM, DH and I always take our pictures with our hands in the handprints of our favorite actors/actresses outside the Great Movie Ride.

--MK first thing, ALWAYS! If we get in and the park is still open, we go! If not, we go first thing the next morning! We're not at Disney World until we've seen the castle!!

--We always ride the carousel, kids and adults alike. We each have our picture made on a horse....these are my "Look how much we've grown!" pictures :)

--We always try something new on each trip, whether it be a resort, restaurant, or show.

--We have to ride POTC and HM every time. Anything else we may or may not do on every trip, but those are MUSTS (along with the carousel)!

--We always come home with at least one ornament, although usually it's one for us and one for each kid.....either one from their favorite ride, or favorite character that time, or something that stood out from the trip.

--We also try to do at least one character breakfast each trip :)

--We also always do "silly hats" pictures :crazy:

This thread is great!!!

I'm trying to think of a few we do.

1. Buy a Christmas Ornament in Downtown Disney

2. Eat a smoked turkey leg

3. End our last night at the World in Magic Kingdom

4. Buy a Mickey Bar every day we're there

5. Ride BTMRR & Splash Mtn first at MK

Just to name a few...

Cindy

1. dessert at Fountain View in Epcot while watching the fountain show.

2. Pictures of us posing, terrified, in front of the haunted mansion.
The new cue messes up our traditional picture location!!!!

1) Crystal Palace breakfast first day (and at least one other time throughout the week)

2) Chef Mickey's breakfast on last day

3) EPCOT our first day (we normally arrive by mid-morning) with dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse and Illuminations

4) Christmas ornament each year

5) Ice cream sundae from Ghiradelli's (at least twice each trip)

Once I get past the main "welcome" sign heading into WDW I listen to "Trashin' the Camp" (Phil Collins/Nsync version) on repeat until I park at the resort I'm staying at.

I buy one pin of a ride/resort/character that I personally love at WDW.

A dated photo album for pictures and a Christmas ornament....the album is nice..all of our trips have their own album that we enjoy looking through and comparing things from year to year.

1) ride the monorail around the resorts on the night we get there and go to dtd also just for a"stroll" ( we drive and so usually get there late in the afternoon)
2) breakfast at least once ( if we can keep hubby to 1 time) at trail's end
3) 2 new traditions cause they were so good...sample dinner(s) at epcot( a little of this and a little of that from all the carts, carry out) rather than a sit down dinner and lunch at brown derby

We always drive. The first time we drove (when I was pregnant with DS) we were following a family member who took us in through the DTD road on the hotel boulevarde. Well, once we get to WDW, before we check into our hotel, we drive through that entrance. It may not be as "flashy" or as big as the others, but its special to us. We also go the the Hoop Dee Doo every trip and take a picture in the red phone boothes in England. Oh, and I buy at least 3 Christmas ormaments. One for me and one for each of my children. It's never to early to start a collection.

So many different traditions... it's fun to read them all!!!

I am sure I have traditions that I don't even realize I do... just because I do them instinctively...

However, the one that stuck out in my head was...

Last night is always Spectromagic.... grabbing a spot on the curb on Main Street... with a Garbage can to lean on!... Hot dogs from Caseys..and then Cotton Candy....this is a must do each and every trip... no matter who I am with.. or even if I am alone....

Kathy :wave:

Our first park is always MK with the Jungle Cruise our first ride followed by POTC. Must do CP breakfast and we do Teppanyaki dinner on our final night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter