What at WDW makes you cry and why?

CLR4321

DIS Veteran
I tend to shed a lot of tears at WDW, and luckily here on Disboards I found out that I am not alone! :goodvibes So I am curious, what attractions or times at WDW make you cry - and why?

Wishes. Every time.

Last night of vacation, walking toward the train station in MK and turning around one last time to see the castle.

Last May we splurged...Poly CL TPV....our room was on the first floor (patio). One night, we decided to get the kids ready for bed, then sit on the patio and watch the fire works...music pipped in (the speakers were right in front of our room) UNBELIEVABLE!!!! There was nothing like having my DD4 snuggled up in my lap, watching the fireworks, and having her sing along with "Wishes"....so very magical to have my entire family there for the experience (DH, DS9, DS3 and my parents) We still talk about the view and Wishes.

This one is easy..The opening ceremony at MK rope drop always starts the tears and Wishes when it starts with "Star Light Star Bright First star I see tonight".. :sad:

I wouldn't say anything makes me cry, but there is nothing like the feeling of the first moment of the first day of a trip to the Magic Kingdom.

Arriving, opening ceremony at MK, first glimpse of castle on Main Street, Wishes, Candlelight Processional and departing. EVERY time....

This last trip I got to see MSEP for the first time since I was a little kid. When I saw it again, I did tear up a little. I clearly remember being about 7 yrs old seeing that parade for the first time and thinking it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. I remember the little bugs spinning around and the music. It was pretty amazing stuff in 1977 (or 76', not sure about the exact year). So seeing it this time, 37 years later, I truly felt the wonder that I did back then. I know a lot of people like Spectro better but this parade holds a special place in my heart. :love:

Wishes everytime, First glimpse of the Castle everytime, Hugging Pluto (I know...that one is crazy but I LOVE him!):laughing:

Seening the Castle for the first time, Wishes, yes leaving makes me cry.
Also sometimes when I ride the Monorail. (was my mom's dream to ride it...and she never got to)

Hearing "Welcome Home" when we get there. WISHES Everytime! Watching my kids fall in love with the Parks. Seeing the Castle for the first time and the last time before leaving.

The opening ceremonies at MK. It makes the 24 hours of straight driving with 3 kids worth it.

My credit card bill.

Seriously, I always feel a little misty-eyed when I first see the Haunted Mansion. It's my favorite themepark ride anywhere and it's like seeing an old friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter