What at WDW makes you cry and why?

When we were there in September, we went and saw "Finding Nemo: The Musical" for the first time in DAK. The musical was FABULOUS and it definitely made me cry. I think it was partly how fabulous/touching the show was....but I think I was also crying because I knew that it would be a long time until we would be back there to see it again.

Also, we stay with friends in Kissimmee when we go to WDW, so I ALWAYS cry at MCO when we say goodbye to our friends. We live way too far away....

Everything about Disney makes me cry, my mom laughs and I am just drowning in tears. I cry when we go cry when I hear other people are going. I can't even watch the commercials that have the home video on them. I think I am just so happy that I can't help but cry.:sad1:

Gazing from the train station down Main Street on the way out........

Watching the fireworks from the Rose Garden.........

Watching the show at Epcot............

Watching the Disney commercials.............

Wandering along the Boardwalk...........

Glad I'm not the only one on these!!

It's funny to me how many people say they cried even when reading this thread....I have the same reaction! :rotfl2: Keep 'em coming!

Leaving, even if I'm already booked for more trips, and knowing I can go anytime I want to. Taking that last suitcase out to the car is a real joy killer! :sad1:

Music - the fireworks music, live shows music, background music . . . .

Just being able to relax in the parks if things have been stressful. My mom passed away two weeks ago after a very long battle with cancer. I would go to the parks to get away from the real world for a while, and it really helped. I'm taking Dad with me on my next trip (12/5-12/11) so we can both relax and recover a bit. We'll probably tear up a little more on this trip than usual, but it's all good.

On my last trip(3 weeks ago) I wanted to stay at the MK to experience the "Kiss Goodnight" for the first time. When it started, we were on Main Street, it was drizzling and we just stood there and looked at the castle changing colors and listening to the narration. I was there with my 29 year old DD and 27 year old DS and we had our arms around each other, holding tight. I wept softly, feeling so very blessed.

I am bawling reading this thread. Disney touches my heartstrings for sure. I cry several times while at the world. But I also cry just walking into the disneystore at the mall.

Seeing the castle and hearing the music at the parks really gets me everytime. I cried when they started doing the dance at Chef Mickey's last year and I swear the people at the table next to me thought I was nuts.
My list could go on and on. I cry lots of happy tears there!!

In my 20's my dad showed me a picture of the two of us on the Dumbo ride when I was three years old. On my 30th birthday, we were at Disney and I took dad on the Dumbo ride. He thought nothing of it, just another ride. I had my mom to take a picture from the one in front of us. When we got home I handed him both pictures at the same time. The only thing he could say was "no matter what age you are, you will always be my little girl on the Dumbo ride." We both cried.
Hell, I'm crying now while writing this. I am so greatful for such wonderful parents.

:sad1: ....nope, nope I just have something in my eye. Gosh ThinkTink, that's a great story. Reminded of my own memories with my parents at WDW/DL, which I think is the reason many of us Diser's still love it.

For me just entering the parks for the first time each trip back always puts a lump in my throat. The anticipation of what WDW holds for us that day.

Also, Illuminations from Japan has sentimental value to me.

every time I come threw the tunnel at mk and look down main st at the castle

wishes

when I take that last bite of rice crispy treat

...turning around the corner onto Main Street and seeing the castle for the first time. Just the most beautiful building I can think of.

...getting some big bear hugs from none other than Baloo. Love him since I was a little boy.

...like many others here: Hearing "Star Light, Star Bright" during "Wishes".

...watching little kids as they have fun with their favorite characters or as they catch the first look of the castle. Just because I feel the same as they do.

After travelling all day on planes, trains, buses, automobiles and dealing with TSA I finally arrive at my DVC resort and a person I have never meet before says "Welcome Home". This makes me feel important and feel safe at the same time. Just like at my real home.

Just being able to relax in the parks if things have been stressful. My mom passed away two weeks ago after a very long battle with cancer. I would go to the parks to get away from the real world for a while, and it really helped. I'm taking Dad with me on my next trip (12/5-12/11) so we can both relax and recover a bit. We'll probably tear up a little more on this trip than usual, but it's all good.

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you have a great trip with your dad.

I tear up at all of the nighttime shows: Illuminations, Wishes, and especially the end of Fantasmic when Sorcerer Mickey is on top of the mountain and the music and the fireworks are just perfect.

I am new to disboards and I am so happy to find so many people who feel the same way about Disney as I do! :love:

Its walking out at the end of the night at MK. As a child at DL, my warmest memories Is my parents sitting just out side of main street waiting for the bigger crowds to thin out and me and my cousens playing on main street. I remeber everything about those nights, the smell of the air,the just pure joy a child could have and even at this age such a feeling to share this with my parents.
Today I have relived those moments 100's of times at WDW with my DS. He Is 17 now but I have seen and relived those moments on the streets of WDW. Everytime we walk out I take a few minutes and sit on the curb and just take it all in and seeing the faces of all the kids lets me relive it everytime.

Its walking out at the end of the night at MK. As a child at DL, my warmest memories Is my parents sitting just out side of main street waiting for the bigger crowds to thin out and me and my cousens playing on main street. I remeber everything about those nights, the smell of the air,the just pure joy a child could have and even at this age such a feeling to share this with my parents.
Today I have relived those moments 100's of times at WDW with my DS. He Is 17 now but I have seen and relived those moments on the streets of WDW. Everytime we walk out I take a few minutes and sit on the curb and just take it all in and seeing the faces of all the kids lets me relive it everytime.

Me too! We always sit out on Main Street and wait for the crowds to thin out and just take in the atmosphere. I remember doing that as a kid too, and watching the MSEP. I can recall those memories so vividly and they make me so happy. This last trip we left in the afternoon from MK to drive home for good. My dd and I got some drinks and some popcorn and sat on the bench at the end of Main Street and relaxed and took it all in. I know she will remember that the same way I did. Its those memories that keep me coming back. I loved WDW as a child so much and still do now. :lovestruc

Oh my gosh, you guys are killing me! I am such a softie too and I cry at the drop of a hat!!! We've been so many times but I STILL tear up when I walk into MK under the train station. I also cry during the Hall of Presidents and American Adventure but especially in the Canadian film at EPCOT (because I'm Canadian). I can't even listen to "Canada, my Canada" without bawling!!! Oh and also during the fife and drum performance outside of the American Adventure. There's something so stirring to me about patriotism!!! And of course, Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic. Plus, for some reason, the Journey into Imagination ride. Figment is just so sweet! My DH thinks I'm absolutely insane!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter