What at WDW makes you cry and why?

In my 20's my dad showed me a picture of the two of us on the Dumbo ride when I was three years old. On my 30th birthday, we were at Disney and I took dad on the Dumbo ride. He thought nothing of it, just another ride. I had my mom to take a picture from the one in front of us. When we got home I handed him both pictures at the same time. The only thing he could say was "no matter what age you are, you will always be my little girl on the Dumbo ride." We both cried.
Hell, I'm crying now while writing this. I am so greatful for such wonderful parents.

In my 20's my dad showed me a picture of the two of us on the Dumbo ride when I was three years old. On my 30th birthday, we were at Disney and I took dad on the Dumbo ride. He thought nothing of it, just another ride. I had my mom to take a picture from the one in front of us. When we got home I handed him both pictures at the same time. The only thing he could say was "no matter what age you are, you will always be my little girl on the Dumbo ride." We both cried.
Hell, I'm crying now while writing this. I am so greatful for such wonderful parents.

Oh my goodness. Made me cry right there. So very lovely and special :flower3:

The end of Fantasmic when Mickey goes from Steam Boat Willy to the mountain to the stage and disapears. I've seen how it is done and I still love it.

that made me cry

i seem to cry or tear up very easily. the rope drop opening show,wishes, my daughter seeing mickey mouse for the first time, my daughter dancing in block party bash parade at 2 years old

I can never tell what's going to set me off, i'll be fine one minute then it hits me like a ton of bricks. Case in point, I hadn't been to WDW in a long time, the first thing we did when we got there was Lights Motors Action. We're watching the show and I started crying during the finale during all the explosions. My friends looked at me like I was nuts LOL!

The fireworks shows are the only exception, I warn anybody I go with that it's a sure thing. Music is usually what triggers the waterworks and I love all the fireworks music.

Wishes..every single time. I cry when I listen to the CD in the car as well.
The welcome to WDW sign.
Finally saw the Beauty and Beast show on our last trip...cried.
First walk down Main Street USA
The Magic Morning Show (aka the rope drop show) at MK.
Festival of the Lion King

I have been known to tear up at Illuminations and Fantasmic as well.

This might sound OT, but I have a legit conclusion:

I work retail, so this weekend has been insane for me. Exhausting and crazy all around, and I'm 15 days out from my own trip to WDW. I never know what's going to set me off, however, I've just been pushed to the edge by all of the stories on here...and in 15 days I get to be pushed over the edge!! I'm about to cry at my second job now--at least here I can shut the door and no one's the wiser, lol!

My first visit was when I was about 7yrs old with my parents and sisters. My father took a picture of us right on Main Street USA. Three years later he passed away. So everytime I take my family to MK as soon as I see Main Street USA I tear up.

Everything. It's embarrassing. Tinkerbell flying over us during the fireworks nearly sent me into hysteria. My youngest (huge Tink fan) was so excited.

I cry every time I see the WWD commercial of home videos telling their kids they are going to Disney. My husband makes fun of me.

I honestly read the title of this thread and started tearing up. It's a sickness.

My first visit was when I was about 7yrs old with my parents and sisters. My father took a picture of us right on Main Street USA. Three years later he passed away. So everytime I take my family to MK as soon as I see Main Street USA I tear up.

This made me cry! I am glad you have that memory!

Everything. It's embarrassing. Tinkerbell flying over us during the fireworks nearly sent me into hysteria. My youngest (huge Tink fan) was so excited.

I cry every time I see the WWD commercial of home videos telling their kids they are going to Disney. My husband makes fun of me.

I honestly read the title of this thread and started tearing up. It's a sickness.

I am right there with you!!

I tear up at "Baroque Hoedown" from the MSEP! :sad1:

DH and I were married in 1999 at Disney's Wedding Pavilion. After we were pronounced husband and wife, we walked down the aisle together to "Baroque Hoedown"

We are going to WDW in 1 week (you can't hear me but I'm squealing with delight!!!) and we are going to be seeing the MSEP again after 11 years!!!

When Baroque Hoedown starts playing, I told my husband he can pretend he doesn't know me! I'll be the crazy lady crying hysterically. :)

I also cry at:
Seeing Cinderella Castle at the end of Main Street
Wishes
Disney commercials on TV
Seeing children hug their favorite characters
Seeing the Walt Disney World entrance sign
My husband telling me as we land in Florida, "Jack, you're home again!"

Oh my goodness. Made me cry right there. So very lovely and special :flower3:

Me too!

I always get choked up during Wishes, even watching YouTube videos of it.

The song/Video at the end of The American Adventure always gets me too.

Although I liked "True Colors" I really miss the one that was "Capture a Smile" that one had a section that was a little bit of a tear jerker, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter