What at WDW makes you cry and why?

I seem to always break down at the beginning of Wishes. My first trip was in 2006 and my dad had died very suddenly just 2 weeks before. We had planned the trip really last minute (not even a month before our departure date) and to have Dad pass away before leaving really made me wonder if we should go. Dad had always said that he wanted to take me to Disney when I was a child but my mom hated flying and driving (we lived about a 3 day drive from Disney) so we never went.

Anyway we went and arrived late afternoon and headed directly to MK. When I rounded the corner and saw the castle that was it, I was in tears and then sitting to see the fireworks and hearing the narration I thought everyone around me would think I was crazy I was blubbering so bad.

We went back this past February and I was the same way.

I hope I get back again someday to feel it all again.

The bill that comes under your resort room door on checkout day.

We waited to see the parade and as the time got closer, people started to crowd in..next thing I know there are a bunch of people in front of us standing and the kids coun't see anything. That was a bad few mins of almost bad crying. The couple who crouched down so that we could hold the kids to see the parade, that was nice. Tto the music. The magical cry came as my son put his head on my shoulder, gave a big sigh and sleepily sang. At three, he doesn't know all of the worlds but he sang and sang and sang. It was that moment that everything was perfect.

I cried twice last week when we went.

First time was when my daughter first saw the castle. She was tugging my arm and pointing exclaiming "Mommy...mommy! There it is...I see the castle! You made my dream come true." All the years of dreaming and months of planning and everything we'd been through came back to me in that moment.

Second time was at the end of the trip. We spent our last day at AK and ended our day there by going to the last Festival of the Lion King show of the day.

I had seen in the 2006 planning video that children from the audience play shakers in the show, but had no idea if they still did. Then a little girl behind us started telling her mother how she hoped she got called again this year.

The show was awesome, and when the finale had started, I saw them with the shakers. We were in the 2nd row of a section behind a MAW family with several children. There was a family next to us with 2 adults and an older child, a boy who looked to be about 10.

They picked 2 children from the MAW family, and the child was in a wheelchair but was able to get up and participate. :goodvibes

They picked the aforementioned boy from the family next to us and then approached my dd with the shaker. She looked at me and I said go ahead.

The look on her face, I thought her cheeks might freeze like that. I didn't have enough memory on my camcorder to record the show, but when this happened, I held ds still with one hand and fumbled for my camcorder that had just over one minute of memory left. It was just enough.

What a way to end our park time. Once they sat back down, I got that lump in my throat and the tears came. All the years of dreaming and months of planning were worth it. It had been a wonderful trip. When I glanced at dd again I looked past her and caught a glimpse of the dad of that little boy and realized I wasn't the only one.

Rope drop ceremony/my first walk down the middle of main street USA...wishes and illuminations both make me sob too! I think it's really the fact that, after all the waiting, I'm actually there and I'm actually in the middle of the magic. The thing I've been counting down to is finally here, but it's bittersweet since I know it'll all be over in the blink of an eye, and the waiting will start again.
Which brings me to leaving WDW...don't even get me started!

The countdown during the opening ceremony at MK gets me every time! I can't make it to 7 without getting choked up! My DS thinks it's ridiculous! :goodvibes

That first look down main street gets me every time! Also Wishes. The narration, the music. No body does it better than Disney! I'm getting teary just reading these posts! I think that's why so many of us go back over and over again. It's all about the feelings evoked. It's okay to be a kid again. Simply magic!pixiedust:

I can honestly say I've never cried at Disney, although my wife is slowly turning me into a big softie, so it might happen soon (Christmas commercials are starting to get to me).

The one thing that really got me at Disney was when we were eating at Boma. We were talking to one of the chefs as he was preparing our meat (wife likes her's really well done, so it took a while). He asked where we were from, we said Canada, and he shook both of our hands and welcomed us home. I don't know why, but that really got me.

My wife cries at most Disney stuff though, like most on the board :-) Wishes, seeing the Castle (especially the time we happened to walk in just as the Christmas lighting ceremony was happening), seeing Mickey, Disney commercials, etc.

One of my favorite moments at Disney was in HS during the Osborne Lights. It was 'snowing,' and an older lady was spinning around looking so happy, then broke down crying. Turns out it was the first time she had ever seen snow.

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

Those increasingly brief moments when consumerism subsides and I'm able to revel in the beauty I originally fell for.

They are getting increasingly brief, aren't they?

In all seriousness, when I came back to Disney in 2007 after almost two decades away I was sure I'd find the place branded and synergized and "corporatized" to the nines and all original charm gone. Actually, I found enough of it had remained unmolested that I was genuinely touched. The original power of the place had managed to weather the time with its diginity largely intact.

Wishes gets me every time. I also cried during the new castle show for the 40th Anniversary, The Magic The Memories and You.

Seriously- I cry when I see the Castle for the first time when we get there..... And the last time I look at it when we are leaving :( I get super emotional- everything about WDW brings back memories from years and trips past.... and when I see my girls grinning, laughing, smiling or even dancing while we are there- I get a little bit emotional :) .... *sniff* I cannot help it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter