What do you wish were in Downtown Disney?

Marugame or a similar Ramen Restaurant. I'd rather have ramen than dumplings from Dai Tai Fung.
A good southern restaurant something like Homecomin' in Disney Springs or a seafood boil.
Authentic Mexican food. It's California, that shouldn't be hard. Idk, the only chain I can think of is Tito's tacos.
For Dessert SideCar Donuts.

They could put a Rubios for Mexican.

And Randy's Donuts for donuts.

Both So Cal staples.

Blue Bottle. It's really weird though as their website doesn't give access to a location list or even a location search. I've seen links to their locations but they all go dead except for the name of the location. No address, contact info, photos, etc.

I mean, Earl of Sandwich and The Void. I miss both - though Earl is coming back, albiet temproarily for now. The Void was really cool and had so much promise.

I agree with more/different coffee options and donuts or similar quick breakfast.

I agree that an In-N-Out would make a killing. I don't think Black Tap would be too happy though...

I'm glad Porto's is coming - we need a bakery option for a grab and go breakfast (other than SB).

I miss Vault 28 though and I know most of that is because I miss the really unique merchandise that it used to carry (and Disney used to produce). I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this way, but to me the merch has become very bland and generic and can be found at every store in the parks and DTD. Certain stores throughout the parks would carry specific things to their store and you couldn't find them anywhere else which was very similar to Vault 28. They also had more of a focus on villains and princesses which was nice. Villains don't get near enough love that they should. :maleficen

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this way, but to me the merch has become very bland and generic and can be found at every store in the parks and DTD.
You're definitely not the only one- I completely agree that the merchandise has become very uninteresting (yet the influencers still go gaga over every new spirit jersey etc. so no motivation for anything different) and everywhere has the same things with a few small exceptions.

And what's with all the WDW merch at DLR?!?!

I'm glad Porto's is coming - we need a bakery option for a grab and go breakfast (other than SB).

I miss Vault 28 though and I know most of that is because I miss the really unique merchandise that it used to carry (and Disney used to produce). I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this way, but to me the merch has become very bland and generic and can be found at every store in the parks and DTD. Certain stores throughout the parks would carry specific things to their store and you couldn't find them anywhere else which was very similar to Vault 28. They also had more of a focus on villains and princesses which was nice. Villains don't get near enough love that they should. :maleficen

I have bought most of my recent clothing souvenirs at the Wunderground Gallery. They have unique items there.

Compass Books/Books Inc! Earl of Sandwich and its extremely ok sandwiches was a poor replacement.

I never once went into Compass Books. I forgot it was even there. It was an odd choice for Downtown Disney.

Earl of Sandwich is good because it's affordable. You can't make much better sandwiches for the money they charge. I always had very good food there and the price was fair.

I LOVED Compass Bookstore. My girls also loved it and it was nearly always where they chose to buy their trip souvenir. Compass had a wonderful assortment of books about Disney plus lots of other interesting reading material. They had gift items as well and a coffee shop on one end. We generally stayed at DLH so it was very convenient for us to visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter