What does everyone study?

SnowWhite1985 said:
I go to SCCC and i'm in for early childhood education.

Where on Long Island are you? I'm from the Island too :)

Currently I attend Northeastern University in Boston and I'm changing majors from visual arts to psychology with probably a minor in arts since I have a bunch of my requirements filled.

As far as NU, I like the school, love my housing, LOVE the hockey team (even when we're doing horribly)...but I'm not a big New England/Boston fan in general. I would transfer if I wasn't so far along.

I'll just stay here and then go to grad school in Manhattan...
Don't get me wrong, I like it here, but I'm not in love with it at all :(

nmudisneyfan said:
I'm studing Secondaty History Education (and I'm almost done) at Northern Michigan University (it's in Marquette, Michigan in the U.P.). It's not that much of a party school, I guess it's pretty dead here, although once in awhile we get some excitement. One of the dorms did have a fire in it, which was pretty exciting (no one was hurt).

You guys have a pretty nice hockey rink. And some very wild hockey fans.

At least your beating UML in hockey east ranking... which never happens..but outside hockey east UML is doin pretty darn well
and yeah they have a pretty nice rink but not as nice as the new rink for BU

SyracuseWolvrine said:
You guys have a pretty nice hockey rink. And some very wild hockey fans.

Yup, we are some wild fans. I love our games, they are so great, especially with the puck heads there. Our rink is pretty cool. They used to have open skate on it a couple of times a week, but they don't do that anymore.

JCTigger said:
At least your beating UML in hockey east ranking... which never happens..but outside hockey east UML is doin pretty darn well

Yeah, but we're doing well outside Hockey East as well. We beat Michigan, yet we lost to UML this weekend, go figure.
That was possibly the most boring and terribly played game of hockey that I've seen in the past few years up here.

Whatever, I get a bit too passionate about college hockey lol.

And yes, your new rink is wonderful...but for 22 bucks a ticket, I don't even know if I'm going to take the T over when we play you at home (I'm lieing, I probably will, but I'll complain about it the whole way over).

Matthew's is old...but I love the balcony.

JCTigger said:

Yeah, but we're doing well outside Hockey East as well. We beat Michigan, yet we lost to UML this weekend, go figure.
That was possibly the most boring and terribly played game of hockey that I've seen in the past few years up here.

And yes, your new rink is wonderful...but for 22 bucks a ticket, I don't even know if I'm going to take the T over when we play you at home (I'm lieing, I probably will, but I'll complain about it the whole way over).

Evil Princess said:

Are you kidding i couldnt afford to go to BU its all about the state schools hehe next fall ill be at UML... I wanted to go to that game but my friend and I ended up forgetting to go and watching a movie instead... I like the Tsongas areana ( where UML plays) it may not be flashy or fancy but it has comfy seats in section M and cup holders... :earboy2:
I dont really like UML I'm really more of a Maine fan but UML is close to home cheap tickets (8 bucks) and its hockey who can complain

~Jill

JCTigger said:
Are you kidding i couldnt afford to go to BU its all about the state schools hehe next fall ill be at UML... I wanted to go to that game but my friend and I ended up forgetting to go and watching a movie instead... I like the Tsongas areana ( where UML plays) it may not be flashy or fancy but it has comfy seats in section M and cup holders... :earboy2:
I dont really like UML I'm really more of a Maine fan but UML is close to home cheap tickets (8 bucks) and its hockey who can complain

~Jill

Ohh, I thought you went to BU :)

I was at Tsongas on Saturday...we had more fans at the game than UML did. It was actually kind of funny. We took a coach bus and filled it with fans. Their arena is nice, so completely different from Northeasterns. But hey, we have the oldest indoor skating facility in the country, the thing's a historical landmark lol.

I'm debating going to Maine next weekend, but that requires a hotel room for the weekend.

Evil Princess said:
I was at Tsongas on Saturday...we had more fans at the game than UML did. It was actually kind of funny. We took a coach bus and filled it with fans. Their arena is nice, so completely different from Northeasterns. But hey, we have the oldest indoor skating facility in the country, the thing's a historical landmark lol.
I'm debating going to Maine next weekend, but that requires a hotel room for the weekend.

Unless youve already purchased your tickets you may not get tickets to a Maine game... they are pretty die hard fans although it is not as hard as it is to get tickets to UNH games those tickets are nasty hard to get... UML games never have more then a couple hundred people there... the Tsongas areana is ten times better then the tully forum where they use to play the HS that i went to the hockey team still plays there (its in Chelmsford where I live) and the seats are just cement slabs really cold really uncomfy... so the Tsongas was a nice change :cheer2:

Have you ever seen a maine game? I love there cheer at least we know they can spell where they live "M-A-I-N-E Go bears!" gotta love it! If you go have fun... as for me Im going snowboarding this weekend... :earboy2:

Hey... I am a freshmen at Moravian College in Bethlehem, PA. It's private and pretty small. There are some parties, but nothing like the college three hours west of here - Penn State! I like it here though. The buildings are all old, it's the sixth oldest school in the country so that's it's little claim to fame I guess.

JCTigger said:
Unless youve already purchased your tickets you may not get tickets to a Maine game... they are pretty die hard fans although it is not as hard as it is to get tickets to UNH games those tickets are nasty hard to get... UML games never have more then a couple hundred people there... the Tsongas areana is ten times better then the tully forum where they use to play the HS that i went to the hockey team still plays there (its in Chelmsford where I live) and the seats are just cement slabs really cold really uncomfy... so the Tsongas was a nice change :cheer2:

Have you ever seen a maine game? I love there cheer at least we know they can spell where they live "M-A-I-N-E Go bears!" gotta love it! If you go have fun... as for me Im going snowboarding this weekend... :earboy2:

I've been to Maine games AT Northeastern. I go to every home game here. I don't have a car up here, but my best friend does, so I don't venture out of Boston much at all.

All opposing teams can get tickets to games through their own school. Northeastern holds the tickets til about thursday, and if the students don't want them they send the extras back to the other Hockey East school so that they can sell them.

Or I could always do what I did for the sold out game at Vermont when I decided the night before that I wanted to go...call a player and ask him to put us on the list if his parents weren't going ;)

Evil Princess said:
Or I could always do what I did for the sold out game at Vermont when I decided the night before that I wanted to go...call a player and ask him to put us on the list if his parents weren't going ;)

That works as well... im so excited to see vermont join hockeyeast next season... ive never seen thier team play before...

Wow ... the DIS is not exactly the place I had expected to find a great college hockey discussion. Very cool indeed.

(If we're making lists of which arenas we've seen games in, I can include several CCHA rinks, 1 Hockey East, 1 ECAC, 2 WCHA, and 1 College Hockey America, plus 4 straight Frozen Fours (going to be 5 this coming April))

SyracuseWolvrine said:
Wow ... the DIS is not exactly the place I had expected to find a great college hockey discussion. Very cool indeed.

(If we're making lists of which arenas we've seen games in, I can include several CCHA rinks, 1 Hockey East, 1 ECAC, 2 WCHA, and 1 College Hockey America, plus 4 straight Frozen Fours (going to be 5 this coming April))

You are MUCH more advanced than I am, since I've only been following since last year (and Hockey East rinks are very local)

Evil Princess said:
(and Hockey East rinks are very local)

I grew up in CCHA country ... once I started following the game at a more national level, it was kinda amusing to see some of the Hockey East fans complaining about long road trips (I've heard ppl complain about the 2-3 hours it takes to get to UNH from Boston, but really, right now, Maine is the only long road trip in HE), whereas in the CCHA and WCHA, a 3 1/2 hour drive is considered a quick trip

SyracuseWolvrine said:
I grew up in CCHA country ... once I started following the game at a more national level, it was kinda amusing to see some of the Hockey East fans complaining about long road trips (I've heard ppl complain about the 2-3 hours it takes to get to UNH from Boston, but really, right now, Maine is the only long road trip in HE), whereas in the CCHA and WCHA, a 3 1/2 hour drive is considered a quick trip

LOL Yep! I'm debating getting a hotel room for our Maine weekend, though I'm wondering if college hockey is worth a weekend in Maine. I've never even been to Maine in my life.

The longest drive was to Vermont for an out of conference game, though they're comming to Hockey East so it's something to get used to. That was an interesting trip for the day.

Evil Princess said:
LOL Yep! I'm debating getting a hotel room for our Maine weekend, though I'm wondering if college hockey is worth a weekend in Maine. I've never even been to Maine in my life.

The longest drive was to Vermont for an out of conference game, though they're comming to Hockey East so it's something to get used to. That was an interesting trip for the day.

Going to vermont is a quicker drive then going to maine orano is like a 6 hr drive from my house so add another 45mins or so from boston... plus theres nothing around in orano...unless you like skiing/snowboarding... this weekends suppose to be really nice to hit the slopes

If I were going to Orono, I would get a hotel room for 2 nights, watch the games Friday and Saturday, then drive back on Sunday.

(Or try to find friends that are from the area, and invite them to go to the game with you ... worked pretty well for me when i went to see some games in Albany, and staying with a friend (although he didn't drive with me) also worked when I drove to UNH (from Syracuse, so it was about a 7 hour drive))

Hi all!
I attend Old Dominion University and I am studying Recreation/Tourism Management Studies and Marketing! Im very interested In working at Disney World as an event manager or marketing manager. I'm also very interested in working as a sales manager for Disney Weddings! Does anyone know who to get in touch with at disney about career opportunities? Thank you all!

SyracuseWolvrine said:
If I were going to Orono, I would get a hotel room for 2 nights, watch the games Friday and Saturday, then drive back on Sunday.

(Or try to find friends that are from the area, and invite them to go to the game with you ... worked pretty well for me when i went to see some games in Albany, and staying with a friend (although he didn't drive with me) also worked when I drove to UNH (from Syracuse, so it was about a 7 hour drive))

That's what we were gonna go, 2 nights, I'm just not sure that I want to spend a whole weekend there lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter