What has happened to these cookies?

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
Every Christmas I make what my family calls an icebox cake. It's made with thin chocolate cookies and whipped cream, those are the only 2 ingredients.
Anyway, I cant find these cookies anywhere. I've looked in about 3 large grocery stores, I even looked on Amazon last night. I used to find them, without problem, every year at whatever large chain grocery store I was shopping in. But not this year. They're no where to be found.
I don't know the actual name of them. We just called them icebox cookies but I think the packaging had a different name.
Is anyone familiar with the cookies I'm talking about? Just plain, round, chocolate cookies. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if they were discontinued, in which case I'll stop searching.
Thank you,
Karen

I know what cookies you're talking about. Can't remember the name either. Just flat, chocolate discs. I'll take a look when I hit the grocery store this weekend to see if they are still in my area. Sorry I can't find out anything any sooner. You're probably referring to these: https://warehouse115.com/nabiscor-f...v1DsYsKM08FpBsKo7Bd9d8qmqyhnEVxoCeEsQAvD_BwE#

Although I think there are several companies that make them.

I know what cookies you're talking about. Can't remember the name either. Just flat, chocolate discs. I'll take a look when I hit the grocery store this weekend to see if they are still in my area. Sorry I can't find out anything any sooner. You're probably referring to these: https://warehouse115.com/nabiscor-f...v1DsYsKM08FpBsKo7Bd9d8qmqyhnEVxoCeEsQAvD_BwE#

Although I think there are several companies that make them.

YES!!! Those are the exact cookies I'm talking about. I see they're for sale at The Warehouse Store but $61 is a little more than I was hoping to spend :headache: Seeing them for sale though does make me think that they've not been discontinued. But where the heck are they???
Thanks for your help :flower3:.
I'd appreciate any info you may have.

You can make an icebox cake with Tate's chocolate chip cookies, too. Ina Garten has a simple recipe.

Seems weird, but the last time I bought those wafers, they were with the ice cream sundae stuff -- the sprinkles and chocolate/caramel syrup/toppings.

Yup, those are them! I sometimes buy those for myself, but I haven't noticed them missing. (To me they're like Oreos without the filling!) I think the suggestion of trying the chocolate grahams is a good one if you remember the recipe.

0wafer.jpg

I always thought ice box cookies were like a short bread with candied green and red cherries . Make them every Christmas and see them in the store bakery.

Not sure what these cookies are ? Anyone have a recipe.

Oops saw is a cake still interested. Is it just cookies in whip cream

Yup, those are them! I sometimes buy those for myself, but I haven't noticed them missing. (To me they're like Oreos without the filling!) I think the suggestion of trying the chocolate grahams is a good one if you remember the recipe.

Then couldn't the OP just buy Oreos and scrap off the filling once she opens them up?

These are a much larger cookie than oreos.

Each Oreo has 2 cookie sides. So they can equal one BIG cookie. . .

:lmao: I'm just messing with you. :teeth: :duck: I know what it's like to not be able to get the right ingredient to make something, :badpc: especially for a beloved, traditional recipe the whole family looks forward to all year long. :(

Haven’t made an icebox cake in a long time, but they are usually on the top shelf in our grocery stores. Now you are making me want to make sure one.

Each Oreo has 2 cookie sides. So they can equal one BIG cookie. . .

:lmao: I'm just messing with you. :teeth: :duck: I know what it's like to not be able to get the right ingredient to make something, :badpc: especially for a beloved, traditional recipe the whole family looks forward to all year long. :(
Hah! Don't get me wrong. I'd definitely still eat it with small cookies! It would just make a pretty tiny log. Or a very strange looking one!

I've been making these since I got married more than 30 years ago, since it's my husband's favorite. I've had trouble finding the wafers from time to time. Fingers crossed they're still available!

Icebox cake in my family was layered graham crackers with pudding, that way we could change up the flavor. Or vanilla wafers, banana slices and pudding when Mom felt like it.

Hah! Don't get me wrong. I'd definitely still eat it with small cookies! It would just make a pretty tiny log. Or a very strange looking one!

Oh, it's a LOG. I thought it was a layered cake and you could just overlap the cookies. Yeah, making a tiny log wouldn't exactly work. This might be the year the family fondly laughs about in years to come, that you made a "stick" instead of a log. :headache: :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter