What is going on with the FP+ crackdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts it is fact. Every Disney related site has reported it as such including the DIS.

Thank you Ryan. I was too late in the game to distinguish fact from Rumors.

Can anyone confirm that accounts were actually locked or did WDW float a balloon to give people time to adjust their behavior?

I am adamanatly against all cheaters for rides...

And here's why: if you have to scam to "get your money's worth" at a park...instead see them for what they are and raise hell/withhold patronage until the experience - legitimately the same for all customers - is worth the price.

This is what has been lost since the era of wdw expansion ended. The customer doesn't understand that the goals have changed and you have to have a brain AND a spine to get what you want in the future.

Crackdown on the scammers...then peel back the curtain...

I agree. We tend to pit ourselves against other customers and look for every way to maximize our trips. But instead the question we should be asking is can you justify these ticket prices for what we get for them anymore.

I agree. We tend to pit ourselves against other customers and look for every way to maximize our trips. But instead the question we should be asking is can you justify these ticket prices for what we get for them anymore.

I don't think I've ever agreed with anybody more on this board...

...except beer Dave...but we're usually talking about getting drunk ;)

Agreed. We did not renew our AP's and took more than a year off from WDW because, since we can only go during peak season, it was 3FP+ and out each day. Standby lines were to long to use in between, not to mention both Soarin' and FEA were not up and running. Leaving EPCOT without much thanks to the cuts in entertainment.

Thank you Ryan. I was too late in the game to distinguish fact from Rumors.

Can anyone confirm that accounts were actually locked or did WDW float a balloon to give people time to adjust their behavior?

Another poster started a thread to see if we could get first hand reports of lockouts (if they actually are occurring) but unfortunately that thread got locked by a moderator too due to apparently inappropriate responses from other posters.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...ocked-out-of-their-mde.3610199/#post-57715759

I have heard elsewhere that some people have not been locked out thus far despite engaging in activities that supposedly would generate such a lockout but there is also speculation that Disney is initially gathering data to use at a later date (i.e. lock people out based on previously documented actions). Again this is all rumors and/or speculation I've heard this week. I have not been at Disney so I have no first hand knowledge of the changes regarding FP+ enforcement.

Nobody is talking about it. Cheating the system is not allowed to be discussed anymore.

Then there needs to be some clarification in the FP+ thread on Theme Park board that specifies "all FP+ passes can only be used on tickets used for park entry " or something along those lines. Just an explanation of the rules nothing else.

Honestly, I thought that WAS the rule. Wasn't like that for FP-?

Another poster started a thread to see if we could get first hand reports of lockouts (if they actually are occurring) but unfortunately that thread got locked by a moderator too due to apparently inappropriate responses from other posters.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...ocked-out-of-their-mde.3610199/#post-57715759

I have heard elsewhere that some people have not been locked out thus far despite engaging in activities that supposedly would generate such a lockout but there is also speculation that Disney is initially gathering data to use at a later date (i.e. lock people out based on previously documented actions). Again this is all rumors and/or speculation I've heard this week. I have not been at Disney so I have no first hand knowledge of the changes regarding FP+ enforcement.

That is a worry. My guess is the IT department may be behind the curve on it.

Agreed. We did not renew our AP's and took more than a year off from WDW because, since we can only go during peak season, it was 3FP+ and out each day. Standby lines were to long to use in between, not to mention both Soarin' and FEA were not up and running. Leaving EPCOT without much thanks to the cuts in entertainment.

But, at least everybody gets the same thing so it's much more fair now :)

I read that which was why I asked WHAT the rule change was, not how to circumvent it. I'm a play by the rules kinda girl.
I hear ya, what the DIS decided to do is not allow threads that violate Disney's rules. No Disney rules changed, just that the DIS will now not allow posts that explain how to do it.

I tried reading about the situation and couldn't even understand what it all meant, and I'm a smart person. I can't imagine figuring something like that out at park... there would have been magic bands flying everywhere! Not that I would have done it anyway. I'm fine with my three fast passes.

The problem is everyone has to have instant gratification and nobody wants to wait for anything in this world.

Thanks for the info guys! Man up everyone and wait in the lines!!!!!

Man up everyone and wait in the lines!!!!!

People should definitely do the right thing and not cheat the system. Which is actually cheating their fellow guests, not the Disney corp.

But we should keep in mind that some of their motivation for cheating the system derives from Disney having attracted larger and larger numbers of customers, charging them larger and larger amounts of money, but not building anywhere near enough new attractions in order to keep up with the larger crowds spending even larger chunks of their hard-earned.

For every new attraction that has been added there has been another one closed down, made seasonal, or else allowed to lapse into what many people would consider tired staleness, to the point where return guests rarely experience them any more. Been to Flights of Wonder lately? Country Bears?

The FP+ system is in some ways an elaborate attempt to disguise the inadequacy of the Disney experience compared to 10 or 20 years ago, from the point of view of availability of rides, novelty of attractions, length of wait times, degree of crowding, and cost.

The urge to cheat the system is partly due to a tendency for people to try to out-think and exploit any complicated system or puzzle, and partly a reaction to the massive crowds, high prices and relative lack of new, interesting and thrilling rides with which to occupy their families.

What the heck is cpfp? I don't want to get into details or the loop.i just want to know what it stands for

Ok I had heard of the "cheating" the system before our last trip but quite honestly was to lazy to figure out what the heck people were doing. Anyways my question is ... if I book a package at a Disney resort do we still get to book the 3 fast passes a day for our trip? Do we have to somehow get our old magic bands off our accounts? How does this affect people that were not doing the cheating thing?

I read that which was why I asked WHAT the rule change was, not how to circumvent it. I'm a play by the rules kinda girl.

Disney actually started enforcing the existing rules, but I don't believe any Disney rule changed. I thought the rule was clear before, but since Disney hadn't enforced it before a lot of people had convinced themselves that the rule was not the rule or meant something different than what it said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter