What is going on with the FP+ crackdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know this was a thing until the new enforcement went into place. As I understand it, one of the reasons Disney decided to enforce their terms of service was to allow more same day fast passes to be opened up, for low and behold, same day use. And just from some comments I've seen, people have been finding more same day availability, especially for 4th plus FP.

I didn't even know this was a thing until the new enforcement went into place. As I understand it, one of the reasons Disney decided to enforce their terms of service was to allow more same day fast passes to be opened up, for low and behold, same day use. And just from some comments I've seen, people have been finding more same day availability, especially for 4th plus FP.

When the 4th Fp+ were instituted I posted a thread entitled "4th FP+ is just a mirage". I had never, ever gotten one despite standing in the kiosk line behind tons of very confused guests. It has been YEARS and finely last week we went to HS in the afternoon and I got a TSMM! I probably has a lot more to do with Pandora opening and the third track at TSMM but I was so excited.

When the 4th Fp+ were instituted I posted a thread entitled "4th FP+ is just a mirage". I had never, ever gotten one despite standing in the kiosk line behind tons of very confused guests. It has been YEARS and finely last week we went to HS in the afternoon and I got a TSMM! I probably has a lot more to do with Pandora opening and the third track at TSMM but I was so excited.

We had decent luck in February, and almost all our fast passes I had to book day of or a couple days out because we used unused days on some of our 20 plus year old tickets. The MDE app is a powerful tool, and I didn't go to a kiosk once thanks to it. Although my mom doesn't like thrills rides, so that made it a bit easier, but we still did Soarin', FEA, TSMM, the Safari, and the popular non-rollercoaster rides at MK, all thanks to the MDE app.

Edit: Really glad we didn't have to use the kiosks on DHS. We got there right after park opening and kiosk lines were ridiculous, with mostly school groups at them. Once again, yeah for the MDE app.

When I see something like this I wonder. I have never had an experience where I could not get a 4th or more FP. But I also tend to have my first 3 finished by 1230/1pm. Selection is not always great, but I have always been able to get a 4th at least. GMR is a notoriously easy 4th to get in DHS.

if I book a package at a Disney resort do we still get to book the 3 fast passes a day for our trip? Do we have to somehow get our old magic bands off our accounts? How does this affect people that were not doing the cheating thing?
If you weren't cheating before, there is nothing for you to be concerned about. Everything is the same for you & you don't need to do anything.

When I see something like this I wonder. I have never had an experience where I could not get a 4th or more FP. But I also tend to have my first 3 finished by 1230/1pm. Selection is not always great, but I have always been able to get a 4th at least. GMR is a notoriously easy 4th to get in DHS.

Same here. I think people check once and that's it. The key is to keep refreshing. You don't have to be "glued to your phone" as I've seen others criticize. If you're standing and waiting anyway, or taking a break on a bench, pull out your phone and check a few times.

A very long post discussing this action was deleted, The post had strong opinions on both sides; my wife read some of it, then poof, it was gone. I wish I could have read it, maybe even commented.

You really didn't miss anything. I read it on a lunch break last week, and once I figured out what the heck it was all about it was just crazy-making. It was impressive in the sense that some people are extraordinarily inconsiderate and excellent at convincing themselves that they were not breaking a rule when they clearly were. If you need an overly complicated guidebook to your actions and one of the disneymoms doesn't half-heartedly try to explain it in an obnoxiously positive way that's likely a clear indication that something is amiss. (To be clear, that is an attempt at humor and not meant to offend.)

That depth of commitment to getting on rides is really something. I feel a little bad in saying I don't really understand the allure. All I can figure is some folks are trying to reclaim what they feel was taken from them or is owed to them. Speculation at best.

To recap:

Imagine if everyone who was born got three doughnuts every day. Now imagine grown people figuring out how they could make someone up to get extra doughnuts. Imagine yet another supposedly grown person figuring out how they could get yesterday's doughnuts all over again. Imagine another person who figured out how they could eat doughnuts all day long, and hey, if that means that some other people don't get their three doughnuts, well, that's not their problem because they are just hungrier and smarter and who decided on three doughnuts anyway?

:faint:

This is why we can't have nice doughnuts. ;)

Last edited:
Imagine if everyone who was born got three doughnuts every day. Now imagine grown people figuring out how they could make someone up to get extra doughnuts. Imagine yet another supposedly grown person figuring out how they could get yesterday's doughnuts all over again. Imagine another person who figured out how they could eat doughnuts all day long, and hey, if that means that some other people don't get their three doughnuts, well, that's not their problem because they are just hungrier and smarter and who decided on three doughnuts anyway?

:faint:

This is why we can't have nice doughnuts. ;)

Great analogy. And funny too. Tech gluttony.

That's the main issue with everything being done to get extra anything at DW by "strategy." If someone can get something extra and it doesn't TAKE AWAY from me or others, then okay, fine, you got over. Oh well. It's still cheating, but no one else is suffering for it. But that's very rare. Usually you steal something or cheat something it's taking it away from others. And it's taking away something that they would be entitled to same as you. You get extra and they get nothing. Pure selfishness.

It's funny people complain that DW is so expensive and you don't get enough for your money, yet look at all the money DW has to spend on preventing people from cheating their systems they set in place.

They had to install second MB scanners right before you get on the ride because people were jumping the line after the first scan. They had to install fingerprint scanners because people were sharing entrance tickets. They had to install RFID soda machines because people weren't just getting a second refill with their one meal, they were using their ONE resort paper cup the entire day, and sharing their ONE resort paper cup/mug to get drinks for everyone in their party. They have to pay to put new tech systems in place to fight all the strategies.

In the meantime, Disney guests are paying for all this with price increases. Unfortunately EVERYONE has to pay, not just the scammers, cheaters, and strategists.

They have. And Disney is working on other "strategy" as we speak. All those people still booking extra FPs 30-60 days in advance are wasting their time. :thumbsup2

So far there have been no reports of any lockouts or Guest Relation visits due to the other strategies.

So far there have been no reports of any lockouts or Guest Relation visits due to the other strategies.
I haven't seen many reports on anything. I know they can no longer use extra FPs if the ticket wasn't used for entry that day, but has anyone actually reported their story about being locked out, banned, having to speak to GR etc, because they tried?

Yeah, other "strategies" are still in play, but since they are being worked on it will be interesting to see if they just go into place without warning or if people will know. Since one of them is no longer being discussed on this site I wonder how people will know. Those using their 30-60 day strategies may not know for another 30-60 days.

They have. And Disney is working on other "strategy" as we speak. All those people still booking extra FPs 30-60 days in advance are wasting their time. :thumbsup2
Are they really working on that? I wonder if we can expect further outages as a result? ;)

I agree with those who commented to check for more fastpasses. One time we checked at a kiosk at Epcot. The CM said that it was crowded and not to expect much but fastpasses for Soarin' popped up. This was before the other theater was complete. You just never know.

Also, yum donuts... :goodvibes,

(Stupid autocorrect!)

Last edited:
Are they really working on that? I wonder if we can expect further outages as a result? ;)

I agree with those who commented to check for more fastpasses. One time we checked at a kiosk at Epcot. The CM said that it was crowded and not to expect much but trespasses for Soarin' popped up. This was before the other theater was complete. You just never know.

Also, yum donuts... :goodvibes
Yes, they are working on it. There is one they are working on currently, and others they are moving toward next. I think closing out some "strategies to get extra" while not hurting valid uses for it may be the issue.

Yes, they are working on it. There is one they are working on currently, and others they are moving toward next. I think closing out some "strategies to get extra" while not hurting valid uses for it may be the issue.
I guess that in a way those are truly "trespasses". (Why does autocorrect change one but not the other?) I bet that Disney will come up with other methods to get around what you're referring to.

I guess that in a way those are truly "trespasses". (Why does autocorrect change one but not the other?) I bet that Disney will come up with other methods to get around what you're referring to.

"trespasses" :rotfl2:

My concern is that this has been going on since the beginning, the information has been out there for awhile and enough people know about it that without enforcement of the rules there will be very little changes in behavior.

"trespasses" :rotfl2:

My concern is that this has been going on since the beginning, the information has been out there for awhile and enough people know about it that without enforcement of the rules there will be very little changes in behavior.
They are already enforcing the same day FP rule. You now HAVE to have the FPs associated with a ticket used for entry for it to work. Disney is currently working on the 30-60 day CP "strategy." It is definitely against ToS that's why that strategy can't be discussed here. So those still using it KNOW it's against ToS and are still doing it.

Since it's already known it is against ToS I don't think there will be any "warning" when the update is going to be in place.

I'm just curious about how it's handled when someone gets locked out. I'm good with enforcing the rules or closing loopholes, but this lockout seems very un-Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter