What is the biggest sign that your gertting old(er)

Yes! getting up and having a hard time moving, but I gotta tell you guys I started taking glucosamine & chondroitin about 3 weeks ago, and I don't experience that anymore. Its a miracle as far as I'm concerned. I hated that I felt like such an old lady!!

Now if only I could freaking see. I have reading glasses stashed everywhere!

WOW! In just 3 weeks. The usual amount of time is 3 months before any noticeable improvement. I'm using Bone Broth because I could not swallow the size of or amount of the pills EVER! I'm only 2 months in, so thus far no real significant improvement. However, my Dh has been on G & C for a few years now and, swears by it. :sunny:

WOW! In just 3 weeks. The usual amount of time is 3 months before any noticeable improvement. I'm using Bone Broth because I could not swallow the size of or amount of the pills EVER! I'm only 2 months in, so thus far no real significant improvement. However, my Dh has been on G & C for a few years now and, swears by it. :sunny:
Yep my BIL doesn't believe me either, well maybe it's in my head? The mind can be a powerful thing. I don't care I'll take it. I only have the start of arthritis maybe that is why?

Yep my BIL doesn't believe me either, well maybe it's in my head? The mind can be a powerful thing. I don't care I'll take it. I only have the start of arthritis maybe that is why?

My apology, I meant it's great! not that I don't believe you. :flower3:

I have three:

1) I no longer get carded.

2) If I sit on the floor too long, my knees are incredibly stiff when I get up.

3) I have these:
pocket-magnifier-with-led-light.jpg
stashed all over - in my purse, in the pencil basket on my table, a back-up in my desk. - They not only magnify, but light up!

(I got them from Current, if anyone wants to find some.)

Yes! getting up and having a hard time moving, but I gotta tell you guys I started taking glucosamine & chondroitin about 3 weeks ago, and I don't experience that anymore. Its a miracle as far as I'm concerned. I hated that I felt like such an old lady!!

Now if only I could freaking see. I have reading glasses stashed everywhere!
I did the glucosamine thing, briefly. Then found out that it raises blood pressure. Another thing about getting older, you may have high blood pressure so taking supplements that increase it isn't such a good thing.

My biggest issue with getting old is when I start to stand up from sitting and my body says "are you sure you want to do that?"

I have three:

1) I no longer get carded.

2) If I sit on the floor too long, my knees are incredibly stiff when I get up.

3) I have these:
View attachment 302075
stashed all over - in my purse, in the pencil basket on my table, a back-up in my desk. - They not only magnify, but light up!

(I got them from Current, if anyone wants to find some.)

Did you by any chance come across mine? It's just plain black plastic framed...

The neighborhood kids were talking to me and one of the boys made a comment that I would probably be mad like his grandma, because I looked as old as his grandma. That made my day, even though I am a grandma and I love it, but who wants to look old. It sucks that I cannot go without makeup any longer and get away with it.

I knew I was getting older when one day I had an urge to ask a police officer "Does your mother know you are carrying that gun around?" LOL!

The neighborhood kids were talking to me and one of the boys made a comment that I would probably be mad like his grandma, because I looked as old as his grandma. That made my day, even though I am a grandma and I love it, but who wants to look old. It sucks that I cannot go without makeup any longer and get away with it.
I wore makeup for 30 plus years when I was working. Now that I’m retired, I don’t wear makeup anymore, lol, unless it’s a special occasion.

For me it's just like everyone else - my eyesight sucks! Need to wear glasses 100% of the time which is not a big deal, I have always worn them. The issue is now I take them off to read anything close up. So frustrating. I have had this issue for 2 years now and I have been fighting the bi-focal glasses but I think I am going to have to cave and get them this next eye exam......ugh. For the record I am going to be 47 (omg I can't believe I am going to be 47!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't feel 47 - where did the dang time go????!!!!)

For me, it's when I see a picture of somebody that I went to school with, or a family member that I haven't seen in a while on Facebook, and I say to myself, "wow, they got old..."

When I first started subbing I was told now and then that I looked like someone's sister or cousin; then it became I looked liked someone's Mom and finally I started looking like someone's grandma......and when I started having grandkids of original students it was time to put down the chalk or now white board markers and retire. :teacher::hippie:

For me it was the damn kids on my lawn! ;)

Eyesight was first, and hearing in crowds now.

Funny(not) you should ask.
WHEN YOU LOSE MEDICATION. How you ask?
I WISH I KNEW.....

i SLEEP AT MY SISTER'S 5 NIGHTS A WEEK to be there for my MOM, FOR NOW, SINCE MY FATHER PASSED AND MY SISTER WORKS 3RD SHIFT.
I started using a cream ZYCLARA to treat Actincic Keratosis (precancer lesion) last week. Therefore I took it to her home. I was leaving it there but on THURS, I knew I'd be home the next 2 nights so into my purse it went. HAVENT seen it since. Didn't realize it until last night FRI. Now its 24 hrs later and I STILL HAVE NO idea where it is. Trash has been opened and picked thru, as have every other conceivable place . My sister has checked her place.
I am beyond bummed. The expense to purchase this again and to have to start the process all over. I am flabberghasted as to where it is............

Don't worry. You'll find it just when you bring the new prescription home with you.

ETA:

Perseverance paid off. I did keep looking in the same places over and over. I was getting into bed and jammed between 2 books on the floor, my bed and my dresser was my medication. DEAR LORD and THANK YOU!@!

Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter