What is the first thing you do at Disneyland/DCA?

What’s signing and sign along?
:rotfl2:as Wonka kid said yes I totally meant singing. I honestly do not double check what I write on here since its just a fun board. I guess I should also slow down when typing. Signing papers is something I do on the daily which I guess is why I used it instead of singing. But I do know my alphabet in ASL and a few words though.

DL
Whole family-Space Mtn-Star Tours or Space again
Me and DD-HM then POC (sometimes PP first)
Me and DS-Star Tours then Space
Solo-PP then all Fantasyland dark rides (I might do Casey or Storybook about 1 out of 3 solo trips)

CA
Whole family-Cars then Indiecoaster/MM
Me and DD-GOTG/Indiecoaster-then reverse
Me and DS-Indiecoaster then Cars
Solo-Cars then Indiecoaster

We go in summer and MM is early (7am). For Dland, first morning of first day we are at our perkiest, and it's easiest to get my teens up early for MM so we are typically at front of entry gate lines. Thus that is the day we do PP, Dumbo, Alice, Toad in that order. As soon as MM ends we start pulling FPs (thankfully now on MaxP app) and our first FPs are usually Space and ST. So basically Fantasyland then over to Tomorrowland filling in between FP rides w short standby rides. Then we cross the hub and hit Adventure, NOS. OK, for DCA MM we do Pixar Pier first, getting as many rides on TSMM as we can stand before the 3-D and jerky motion gets to us. Then over to now Incredicoaster to clear our heads with fresh air. Then we fill in with a few other pier rides and when MM ends pull FP for RSR.

I usually get to DL at mid morning so I'll usually grab MP for HM then jump on BTMRR or Indy if the line is about 30 mins then I'll usually ride pirates on my way over to HM.

I when I hop over to DCA in the evening I'll grab MP for GotG then do RSR via single rider.

We’ve never done Peter Pan or Alice... we actually tend to kind of skip over the Fantasyland rides...

For me, it's always Peter Pan. I say to friends, half in jest, "Do Peter Pan first or don't do it at all." I always find it interesting that at 8:00 there's no one in line for it. At about 8:01:30, the line is nearly 30 minutes long. I always feel when we ride PP, the day has started right. Another friend who always rides it first says that once he's done with PP, all of his rope-drop anxiety evaporates.

I know you didn't ask about second rides, but I'll add Mr. Toad for good measure :-).
I know you're usually one of the the first on Peter Pan. About what time do you line up at the gates? I have never been on Peter Pan (I know, I know!) and it's definitely a priority for us on our Thanksgiving trip. :-)

I am at the gates 40 mins before opening, folks in front of me entering thru the gates and am usually in the 5 min to 10 min range of boarding Peter Pan because I walk directly to the rope.

I know you're usually one of the the first on Peter Pan. About what time do you line up at the gates? I have never been on Peter Pan (I know, I know!) and it's definitely a priority for us on our Thanksgiving trip. :-)

It comes down to how the word Priority is used. If you stop for photos or treats before heading to the rope drop you will find to boarding in the 10-20 min range.

I am at the gates 40 mins before opening, folks in front of me entering thru the gates and am usually in the 5 min to 10 min range of boarding Peter Pan because I walk directly to the rope.

It comes down to how the word Priority is used. If you stop for photos or treats before heading to the rope drop you will find to boarding in the 10-20 min range.
Thank you! That is very helpful. And yes, treats and photos will wait for us this time. I'm riding Peter Pan first thing!

We play it by ear. There is never a set agenda and I don't care which tunnel I enter through first, though when I go with certain friends, it always has to be the left and we always have to say hello to Walt at his apartment. But for myself, I don't care what I do first! Depends what I feel like doing that day, what the weather is like, what I see when I get to Main St/Buena Vista St, whether or not I'm looking for something specific from a store, whether or not I've had breakfast...

I get to to gates at around 7:10 (on days when the park opens at 8:00). I go directly to the rope -- I'm usually the first one there -- and then proceed immediately to the ride once the rope is down. I'm often first... or at least in the first three or so.

I have never been on Peter Pan (I know, I know!) and it's definitely a priority for us on our Thanksgiving trip. :-)
The other thing I need to mention -- and I'm sure you're reasonably aware -- is that guests can get rather frenzied as they rush to Peter Pan. Two thirds of the time, someone (sometimes children, often adults) will run, which is always aggravating if you were ahead of them (especially when CMs ask them not to -- repeatedly). Hope you do well. Please keep us updated. Certainly I hope that my tips help!

How many people are in front of you in the line 40 minutes before opening?

ahh!! the myth of how many people are in front of you....it is not about how many people are in front of you....but ... more in how many barriers do those 12-18 folks in front of you have before entering the gates....or how many places are they holding in line for the rest of the family on the east side of Disneyland. I always prepare myself for delays that there will be no magical stream of folks thru the gates to touching the brick wall of the parterre before entering the tunnel. I practice at the grocery store, gas station, Ross for less and watching someone read the reader board menu at a fastfood restaurant. Even now as the Snowbirds return to Yuma, the lights don't stay green as long as they did in August.....always practicing how to make waiting at Disneyland more magical.

The other thing I need to mention -- and I'm sure you're reasonably aware -- is that guests can get rather frenzied as they rush to Peter Pan. Two thirds of the time, someone (sometimes children, often adults) will run, which is always aggravating if you were ahead of them (especially when CMs ask them not to -- repeatedly). Hope you do well. Please keep us updated. Certainly I hope that my tips help!
Thanks for the reminder on runners. It's just DH and I and we walk pretty fast, so I think we can be reasonably close to the front of the pack. We will have access to early entry, so I'm hoping that will help a bit too (should be a 7am entry). I'm an early riser so I'm actually pretty excited thinking about being lined up at the gates while it's still dark outside! I'll definitely update you on how well we do.

We always begin by riding POTC. That's the ride that has all the sounds, sights, and smells which announce to us that we are FINALLY HERE! We are the silly couple in the back row, squirming with excitement underneath the skeleton head talking of 'salty old pirates' and grabbing onto each other's arms with anticipation as it sinks in that it's all happening now!
Always our first ride at WDW! Planning our first trip to Disneyland for 2019 and thinking that I still want to ride POTC first.

We try to always plan three rope-drop mornings: one DCA to go wide right for RSR, one in DL for Space (which we ride back-to-back until the line fills a bit), and one for PP. We want to ride PP every trip, so we always rope drop it since we'd never wait in that queue.

We follow RSR with Screamin' (I know it's called Incredicoaster now but we haven't been yet) and Toy Story until it backs up.

We follow Space with whatever Tomorrowland rides have short lines.

We usually follow PP with BTMRR and POTC if they're open. Of course, we now make MPs as soon as we're in the park and all day long!:cool1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter