What is the most overrated fast food restaurant ?

Yeah definitely. It's actually kind of strange that we're 150+ comments in but no one has thought of White Castle as overrated. There must be someone who dislikes their burger so much that they think of it as overrated.

It's hard to be over rated when your rating is and I quote, " I wouldn't feed this to my dog. " It has under 400 locations in 14 states here. They tried to open a bunch in my town but got nowhere with them. They closed even before Covid hit. I can't remember anyone at any time describing them as heaven on a bun or to die for. They've long been thought of as a late night eatery for stoners. Although I guess someone might over rate them highly somewhere.

Last edited:
Overpriced? The burgers are only $8 to $9. Better than the poser places here in Seattle trying to charge $25 for a hamburger.

I don't live in Seattle, so that's irrelevant to me.

A burger at a sit-down restaurant here is $11-12. A "fast food" burger being $8-9, with sides charged separate, is absurd. So yeah, I stand by what I said: Five Guys is overrated and overpriced.

Chick-fil-A, two of these just opened in my area and the drive-up lines are ridiculous, two lines going around the building, hour wait. I just don't get it, we had them in Alabama, liked it but didn't love it, would never wait in a drive-up line for it.

As a Canadian, I agree. I shake my head at the long lines every morning on my way to work.
I prefer my instant coffee from home.
Wouldn't go that far, but the long lines are ridiculous. Especially one near my house, where the Timmys has a long line, but the Tim's drive through at the next door Esso has none.

Also, regular roast is not good, but the dark roast is perfectly acceptable. Breakfast sandwiches are just not good (If the mcmuffin is the gold standard, Tims sandwich is a solid "you tried") but I will say that their sandwiches taste good, but are overpriced.

I work for a complaint line for a fast food chain (not going to say where) and I’m really surprised by the answers on this thread. Based on the complains I hear, I would never eat at this chain.

Yeah definitely. It's actually kind of strange that we're 150+ comments in but no one has thought of White Castle as overrated. There must be someone who dislikes their burger so much that they think of it as overrated.
That might be due to it not being as large as McDonald's or have a location in every state. At least, speaking for the US. White Castle was supposed to be actually opening up their first Florida location ever at some point this year (pretty close to Disney, mind you). I am sure The 'Rona has delayed that significantly.

They have always kept their menu simple. Without doing much, it doesn't get much attention. So I feel it falls under the radar.

That might be due to it not being as large as McDonald's or have a location in every state. At least, speaking for the US. White Castle was supposed to be actually opening up their first Florida location ever at some point this year (pretty close to Disney, mind you). I am sure The 'Rona has delayed that significantly.

They have always kept their menu simple. Without doing much, it doesn't get much attention. So I feel it falls under the radar.

The biggest strength of White Castle was they were open 24 hours.

But since the mid ninties alot of other chains plus gas stations (wawa, sheetz) are open 24 hours so the utility and demand for White Castle is less.

The whole idea behind Harold and Kumar's White Castle movies was that after 2 pm the only thing open in South Side Chicago was White Castle. And going out from the dorm room at the University of Chicago to get to that White Castle in the surrounding ghetto was an adventure. That was the original seed for the story line.

I will happily eat a 12 count Chick Fil A nuggets without any sauce, along with one of their (seasonal) peppermint shakes. That's probably my favorite fast food meal, ever. Someone upthread said Chick Fil A was bland... I think it verges on oversalty... and I love it!

I like In n Out fine, but I don't get the hype, for sure. I mean, it's fine but for a burger I'd far rather have Smashburger (which is not quite fast food, I guess).

Oh I forgot about White Castle - maybe because I don't know anybody who will eat there.

My ex used to like White Castle. The smell made me gag - and I'm not a prissy person. I'll eat all kinds of food. The few times he insisted on buying some in the drive through when I was driving, I made him hold the bag out the window so my car didn't reek for the next week to ten days. I was on an elevator once and someone got in with a bag of them and I got off on the wrong floor and walked he stairs because of the smell. So I guess they helped me get my steps in.

Love white castle. Lol. And if you dont know they were the first fast food burger chain. Its not for the week stomach people, lots of onions.

Love white castle. Lol. And if you dont know they were the first fast food burger chain. Its not for the week stomach people, lots of onions.
The onions are honestly the best part of the burger. The patty itself is average, and the bun-to-meat ratio feels off to me. But it's a decent burger.

Chick-fil-a for sure. The sauces are what make their chicken sandwiches ok, but I'd rather just go to Popeyes.

I would never have said this a while back, but Chick-fil-A. Their quality seems like it has taken a nosedive.
I think you're right! Chick-Fil-A has been around for a long time and I remember thinking they were really good. My wife takes our grandkids there about once a week and they love it, but it just doesn't do much for me as far as flavor goes. Once those waffle fries start cooling off they just don't taste like anything.

I agree with BrianL that the service there is really good. People act like they care about their jobs and helping customers.

I think you're right! Chick-Fil-A has been around for a long time and I remember thinking they were really good. My wife takes our grandkids there about once a week and they love it, but it just doesn't do much for me as far as flavor goes. Once those waffle fries start cooling off they just don't taste like anything.

I agree with BrianL that the service there is really good. People act like they care about their jobs and helping customers.

Yeah, their fries are pretty okay when hot, but they have a very short window where they are good. Asking for some sauce helps. I never get them to go. They do have waffle chips though, which I recently learned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter