What is your favorite table service restaurant?

hawaiilife

Mouseketeer
What is your favorite table service restaurant, particularly if you're on the DDP with 3 small children. NOT including character meals or buffets/family style meals. Interested to hear your favorites! Something with a nice ambiance, great for kids, and good food that makes a good use of a table service credit. Transportation is not an issue as we have a rental car.

Thanks!

What is your favorite table service restaurant, particularly if you're on the DDP with 3 small children. NOT including character meals or buffets/family style meals. Interested to hear your favorites! Something with a nice ambiance, great for kids, and good food that makes a good use of a table service credit. Transportation is not an issue as we have a rental car.

Thanks!

IMHO, the resort restaurants tend to have better food than the in-park restaurants. I would consider the following:

Trattoria al Forno - lively Italian restaurant with a varied menu. Go for dinner and enjoy the entertainment on the Boardwalk afterward! Have dessert at Ample Hills
GF Cafe - the resort is gorgeous as is the restaurant, though it's on the casual side. Great menu and good food.
The Wave - just really good food
Ale & Compass - perhaps a little more refined than the others (it was just remodeled and has a very, sleek design). Really good food.

In-park:

Skipper's Canteen - best food in MK, IMHO. Fun atmosphere, servers sometimes tell corny, "Jungle Cruise"-like jokes
Sci-Fi Dine Inn - not the greatest food, but some of the best theming in WDW
Coral Reef - again, food isn't great, but the aquarium is gorgeous
Yak and Yeti - beautiful atmosphere, good food

50's Prime Time Cafe - Good food with a fun atmosphere. Great fried chicken dinner.
Teppan Edo
The Sci-Fi - Fun atmosphere. I agree with "DisneyWishes14" that the food isn't the greatest, but it's not bad.

Coral Reef for the ambience.
The food is passable but somewhat pricey.
Our children were nine and fourteen when we first took them there.
Now they're forty and forty five and they take their children there every trip to WDW.

OK I have booked Coral Reef, The Wave, 1900 Park Fare, Hollywood & Vine (for Fantasmic), and Sanaa! Hope these are good choices. Still trying to snag a BOG QS. Thanks for the suggestions

Last edited:
We don't do the dining plan so I can't speak to perceived value, but some single credit table service restaurants that both us (foodies) and our daughter (6 year old looking for fun and a quick meal) like are:

SciFi
Raglan Road
Sanaa
Whispering Canyon
Teppan Edo
50's Prime Time

These are the restaurants we eat at every trip:

Via Napoli - Traditionally we eat here on our first night then watch illuminations. We used to eat here on our last night as well until another restaurant took over that slot.
Rainforest at AK - I know I know it doesn't get the best reviews but the kids love the theme and the wife and I love the Nachos. Easy to get a seat with the Landry Card. Just a great way to take a break from the heat at AK.
Kona Cafe - Breakfast only. The kids love to sit and watch the monorail while the adults eat. The wife still loves this place and says they have the best coffee. I like it because its cheap but why oh why did they have to get rid of the Samoan?
Trattoria al Forno - These is our traditional meal for our last night at Disney. A short walk to World Showcase to watch illuminations on our final night.

I am going to throw in a QS as it is my favorite "quiet" spot at Disney. Captain Cook's. I love to sit at the tables outside and just enjoy the scenery. Kids playing at the splash area with the castle in the background. The white noise from the splash area makes it even more relaxing. Only issue here are the wretched birds that are always trying to steal your food, that and trying to find a spot with no bird poop. Also.... they keep the chocolate chip cookies in the cooler here so they are an extra treat. And.... depending on how many Chocolate chip cookies I have eaten I have the option to walk over and get a dole whip float.

Our favourite non-character/buffet and non-signatures are:

Coral Reef - amazing atmosphere with the giant aquarium for viewing and food wise I've never been disappointed. I always get the striploin and the chocolate wave dessert is one of my fave on property.

Sci-Fi - a must do every trip. Very unique theming/atmosphere and it is one of the quietest and coolest places in all of WDW, which makes for a great break, especially on a hot summer day. The food is okay, not great, but no complaints either. Milkshakes are amazing.

T-Rex - My son loves the dinosaurs on there. It's pretty noisy, but the food is decent and it's overall fun, especially for the kids.

Whispering Canyon Cafe - a fun meal with some playful antics while you're eating. I know many go there for the AYCTE skillet, but I find the a la carte options to be better food. Milkshakes here are also very good!

Beaches & Cream has become another must do for us every trip. Fun little soda shop type atmosphere with great burger/sandwich type meals. Their poutine is pretty good (and this coming from a Canadian!) and of course the ice cream sundaes are always a highlight.

Kona Cafe has a really solid breakfast and never disappoints. Nothing all that amazing about the atmosphere, other than it does take you into the Poly which in itself is gorgeous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter