• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your hometown famous for ?

Probably most famous for what it’s not- it’s NOT where Harvard University is, although loads of people think it is <including various lost tourists who would stop me to ask>

Newport news VA

Famous people from here: Pearl Bailey, Ella Fitzgerald, Robert Cray, Mike Tomlin.

Infamous: The Vick brothers and Mike Vick naming his punk butt dog fighting kennels Bad News.

Ugh, for me it’s the Netflix special “Making a Murderer”. I live like a mile from the Manitowoc Co Courthouse. I had a few college classes with Teresa, and she took our engagement photos (she was a photographer at Picture People) so seeing people and places I know in the national/world spotlight is just surreal.

I live in a beautiful town on the shore of Lake Michigan and the negative worldwide attention brought to us because of the actions of a select few just sucks.

Where I grew up was famous for being the home of Lucas Films. Also hometown of Jared Goff, quarterback for Los Angeles Chargers. The town I live in now isn't famous for anything.

A spectacular fire at a race track over 40 years ago. Probably the biggest news ever in the town. Over 10,000 were in attendance at the time. Three people died, a fireman, a track employee, and a customer. No horses were killed or injured.

The track was completely destroyed and rebuilt about six years later. Unfortunately it wasn't as successful as the original and closed in 2001. Big box retail shopping, condos, and restaurants are now on the site.

The front page of the next day's newspaper was printed sideways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter