What is your income?

My Family Annual Income is:

• Between $35k - $45k

• Between $45k - $90k

• Between $90k - $150k

• Over $150k

Results are only viewable after voting.
I answered honestly - and I'll add - we sooooo don't make enough to justify our DVC purchase! But we did it anyway!!!!! :earboy2:

Only one income in this household of 5 (soon to be 6)! It's more than 5 times my annual income just 10 years ago! Yet somehow, at the end of each month, I am left trying to figure out where it all went!

I still have to get my head around the concept from the book "the richest man in babylon." A portion of what I earn is mine to keep........ If I could just put 10% away, I think I would be very happy.

This month 2 new monthly debits start for me, my monthly DVC payment and monthly dues payments!

AFMom said:
we sooooo don't make enough to justify our DVC purchase! But we did it anyway!!!!! :earboy2:
That's too funny- DH and I were just talking the other night about how glad we are that we bought DVC before we were smart enough to realize that we can't really afford it! :rotfl:

Only one income in this household of 5 (soon to be 6)! It's more than 5 times my annual income just 10 years ago! Yet somehow, at the end of each month, I am left trying to figure out where it all went!

I'll bet I know! My guess is that 10 years ago, your family of 5 was a family of 2 or 3.
Kids - they're cute and all, but they're EXPENSIVE! :rotfl2:

I still have to get my head around the concept from the book "the richest man in babylon." A portion of what I earn is mine to keep........ If I could just put 10% away, I think I would be very happy.

EXCELLENT book (and excellent advice)! Changed my life. I'm in a similar financial situation that you described (except I'm child-free!!!). I owe it to both this "Richest Man in Babylon" and to "Rich Dad Poor Dad". I cannot recommend them enough! And, in order to keep more of what I make, I loved "The Millionaire Next Door" - keeps things in perspective.

rayelias said:
I'll bet I know! My guess is that 10 years ago, your family of 5 was a family of 2 or 3.
Kids - they're cute and all, but they're EXPENSIVE! :rotfl2:

Same here. We are a one-income family and do very well but at the end of each month we're like, "where the heck did it all go"? Still, we manage to put away 15% in our 401k and save money for trips to WDW ::MinnieMo

hmmm I will have to admit that we are in the upper portion of the poll results.
and very fortunate because here in the Nor east we just purchased our house
right before prices exploded. therfore thank goodness for HELOC. lol

Honeymoon 9/98 Dixie landings (BTW wife forced me to go to Disney now i love it.)
All Star Sports 9/99 (budget minded)
off site 5/01 (really budget minded)
11/04 BWV (1st trip with DS in tow)
03/05 AKL (2nd trip with DS AND DW)
11/05 SSR ( 1st trip HOME with DW and DS 3rd Bday)

:cool1: :flower: :goodvibes

AINT that the truth!! Our taxes are B R U T A L. But we also have homes that are worth un ungodly amount of money for NOTHING.

But where else can you be so close to NYC or to a Beach!! I love LI!

I'm with ya 3 DisneyNUTS .I do love L.I. myself. 5 miles from Jones Beach which is considered Wantagh. Just call us 5 DisneyNUTS! Next beach----BCV! L.I puts you in a spending state of mind , so why not spend on DVC!

CHOPR said:
AINT that the truth!! Our taxes are B R U T A L. But we also have homes that are worth un ungodly amount of money for NOTHING.

But where else can you be so close to NYC or to a Beach!! I love LI!

I'm with ya 3 DisneyNUTS .I do love L.I. myself. 5 miles from Jones Beach which is considered Wantagh. Just call us 5 DisneyNUTS! Next beach----BCV! L.I puts you in a spending state of mind , so why not spend on DVC!
You have said it. I would have at least one million if I were a saver but alas I am not. I mean I could trade down in my house and buy a small home and not pay as much (my house isn't that big already) and save and never have bought DVC and blah blah blah but you only live once!! LOL

Oops! Sorry, I responded to the poll before I read that it was for at 4th of July bet... :confused3

WithFaith50

I posted late, too, sorry!! I'm in the lower end of the poll, and I have to make sacrafices to pay for DVC being I'm a single mom, but it's something I can't live without! Who needs expensive toys and luxuries when you can have DVC vacations every year!

My new purchase this year (at 98/pp) was quite a shock from the BWV contract I used to own and purchased back in '99 (what was it then, $72/pp?) I wasn't about to wait another 5 years to buy a contract when point prices will be even higher.

So how was dinner yesterday? And who ended up cooking? :)

I see that a few people have almost flamed becuase of the personal nature of this question.

My response is that I have answered honestly but will keep the answer to myself.

I for one am glad you asked beacuse I often have wondered the same thing.

Looking at the range, and just guessing that about 4 - 7% of the answers are BS, there really is a spread throughout the income choices.

I reinforces the old saying of "it is not what you make, it is how you spend it".

drakethib said:
I see that a few people have almost flamed becuase of the personal nature of this question.

I reinforces the old saying of "it is not what you make, it is how you spend it".

I noticed the hostile posts also and just chose to ignore them. I've never understood why people feel they need to make negative posts. It makes no sense. If you don't like the thread, why not just ignore it? That's what I do.

I wonder if the FLAMERS actually read my orignal post where I said, "...All you have to do is post your poll. You don't have to make a post if you don't want to..."

This poll doesn't go nearly low enough to include me. Fortunately my DVC is paid for.

I think you went off course in two places. First...one must ask what is the nature of a group of people who would routinely haunt a DVC community board? Not your average DVC'er.

The second is that you didn't consider where DVC'ers are clustered. If you had you would never have made the bet. Median income includes everybody but there is a solid population of Northeasterners amongst DVC where I suspect the median income of the region is higher. Of course there is a fair chunk within a days drive as well.

The poll was very helpful for me. It's good to see what range I fall into. Now I have a more realistic time frame for when I will join the DVC. Being single, I am always grateful for info that will help me NOT get over my head financially.

Montana Disney Fan said:
Huh, bummer. I posted this in another forum and the admin moved it here so I guess it's ok. I also posted that nobody had to answer but a lot of us did anyway :banana:
I am glad it is here I think the info is interesting. I answered as well :) I wonder what DVC actual #s are :)

3DisneyNUTS said:
I am glad it is here I think the info is interesting. I answered as well :) I wonder what DVC actual #s are :)

If we can get more answers we'll have a better idea. :)

So Montana you never told us how dinner went?

By the way, I answered way back at the start of the poll. It is interesting.

I wonder if Pete has any profile information on DIS members (doubt if they would on DVC DIS only). It would help us understand our own polls better if we had a sense of how our DIS population compared to larger demographic studies and to WDW demographics.

Here is some information I have from WDW about guest profiles:

57% drive
40% fly
NY largest home state
3.6 people in group
stay 6 days/5 nights
take 3 years to save to come to WDW
spend $2,500 - $3,000 / family / visit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter