• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

I don't know that I'd call it a "choice" but it just doesn't really work out for me - in the very few chances I've even had at a relationship.
To me choice is you don't want a relationship. Circumstance means to me you either as you said it doesn't work out or you just don't really meet a potential partners.

To me choice is you don't want a relationship. Circumstance means to me you either as you said it doesn't work out or you just don't really meet a potential partners.

I suppose it would be the latter, but some of it is my fault. I will say that I very much identify with what Agent K said in Men in Black:

J: "It's better to have loved and lost...."
K: Try it.

I would very much like to meet someone I could trust, so I want a relationship - I just don't trust many people.

I suppose it would be the latter, but some of it is my fault....I would very much like to meet someone I could trust, so I want a relationship - I just don't trust many people.
I whole heatedly agree. Except in my case I trusted the wrong ones to begin with and now I can't trust anyone.

I feel that way too most of the time. I sometimes think about how much I would like to have someone to share my life with and question my decision.

Don't get me wrong, everyone. I'm not bitter and am generally very happy. I just really don't like what people call "games" when it comes to relationships - that's a pretty high-stakes game!

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, everyone. I'm not bitter and am generally very happy. I just really don't like what people call "games" when it comes to relationships - that's a pretty high-stakes game!
I have never understood why people want to lie and play games with people in general, let alone in a relationship that is supposed to be your soft place to fall. Once someone messes with you that way, it’s very hard to trust people again. I lost my ability to trust at 21, and have never gotten it back. The only person on the planet I completely trust is my sister.

I have never understood why people want to lie and play games with people in general, let alone in a relationship that is supposed to be your soft place to fall. Once someone messes with you that way, it’s very hard to trust people again. I lost my ability to trust at 21, and have never gotten it back. The only person on the planet I completely trust is my sister.

Yeah. I am generally a very honest person because I don't see the point in lying, but especially in a relationship - at least if you want it to go anywhere, but I am not one for capricious romances. I had said one thing at the begining that I would be totally honest and I was of course promised that in return. Turns out nearly everything this person said to me was a lie to some degree. It hurt quite a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter