What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day!,Sept TR-Cape May HooRay 4/14

I don't believe I have posted yet on your TR but I've been reading since the beginning. I finally had a chance to get on my laptop and watch your video. I loved it! Even my 14 month old little guy watched it with me! I can't wait to read the rest of your updates! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Hey Girl!

All caught up! That video made me cry...I think I've watched it 5 times. Made me think of when Shanleigh was little and how I wished I had thought to do something like that....time passes so quickly! Beautiful job!

Love love the video and the update. We have watched it at least 3 times.

GUYS. SERIOUSLY. I just want to extend the biggest THANK YOU to all of you for your support :love:! You have no idea how much we appreciate that you took the time to watch (some of you multiple times!) our video and that many of you cared enough to share it with others. It really does mean so much.

And yes, I'm working on the next few updates :thumbsup2!

Thanks for being the best Dis friends ever!

All caught up on past and present TRs! I love your writing style :)

Also, your video was amazing! Mad props to your husband. I wish I had those skills. I have hard enough trouble just keeping from chopping heads off in my pictures ;)

Can't wait to read on...

All caught up on past and present TRs! I love your writing style :)

Also, your video was amazing! Mad props to your husband. I wish I had those skills. I have hard enough trouble just keeping from chopping heads off in my pictures ;)

Can't wait to read on...
Wow! Thank you!
I have the same picture problem...and also never having them in focus. I'm certainly glad to have him around!
Glad you're here:goodvibes.

Hi, dearest readers! This is no April Fools joke--I really am updating! Can you believe your eyes?!

When we left off ages ago, Matt, Sawyer, and I were meeting up with Brandon and the girls after their Behind the Seeds Tour. On we go!

We still had no plan (because this day was awesome), but the kids did: POPCORN. Seems those sandwiches and applesauce packs I threw at them earlier were not enough.

I'm not sure what they put in Disney popcorn, but it is seriously the best popcorn on the planet.

As you can see, it was still threatening rain.

And then my best friend offered to do the easiest thing to brighten my day. He offered to buy Starbucks for us. Let's just see how relaxed I immediately became.

Aaaaaaahhhhhh! Sweet nectar of the gods!

To escape the impending deluge--the one that never happened--we decided to try Innoventions East. We'd never been in here, and it seemed as good a time as any.

Pretty much my take on Innoventions is that there are some things and you try to break them. Or some dangerous situations, like fires and natural disasters, and you try to escape them. And also it's very air conditioned and protected from the elements and strollers are allowed. That's it in a nutshell.

Immediately, my kids found something they needed to attempt to break, even though nobody has been able to do it ever. This is the one time when I would allow them to attempt to smash a tv screen, but now I find myself reminding them that our tv is NOT the one from Epcot and WILL, in fact, crack and be useless. Still, they had fun.

And then Julia spotted Sum of all Thrills, and we just HAD to create our own roller coaster. Let's forget the fact that she's a scaredy cat who won't go on any coaster now besides Barnstormer. That's beside the point. She chose (lucky) me as her companion, and we made our way over to the line.
Thankfully, the line was pretty non-existent. I've heard that this can be a huge draw, so I was happy for that. We were first shown a generic video with people advertising the sponsor...I'm guessing the video did not do its job, since I cannot remember the sponsor. We were then given a card and sent to screens where we used our hands and a couple of tools to create our own coaster.

Now, when Julia was choosing her track pieces, I assure you that she thought she was choosing the most mundane track. However, soon we were stepping into our coaster, and it was decidedly NOT as mundane as she thought. We were whipping around all through the air, and though we didn't do any inversions, it sure felt like it!

As we exited, I looked around for Brandon and the gang--surely he got video or pictures of that since we couldn't have any cameras back there.

Nope.

The men had taken the littles for some play time with a giant storm puzzle, where they fell in love with a teddy bear piece and didn't want to let go. They also checked out a "rope scope," which Sawyer found fascinating. They did not, however, see us on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness, Epcot Edition.

It's okay. We weren't about to repeat it.

We'd kind of exhausted our options here, so we decided to move on. Next up would be a favorite, a classic, the BEST: Spaceship Earth. On the way, Matt had to hold hands with a certain loving little girl in a stroller. Then he had to ride SSE with that certain little girl. I ended up with Sawyer and Brandon ended up with Julia. At the end of the ride, we checked out our awesome pictures up on the screen.

In this one, Sawyer and I are on the bottom left, and in the top right is the rest of the gang.

Matt and Brynn obviously had fun in their future...

...as did Brandon and...half of Julia's head??

It was now time to meet up with the missing part of our group, Dani, who was finished with the Vinylmation event! We missed her. It was time.
We started heading toward the gift shop with all the Duffy stuff that's right at the entrance to World Showcase.

Oh, don't mind me. Just strollin' through Epcot with my awesome Starbucks.

The reason we met up with Dani here is because the girls wanted...no, scratch that...NEEDED new outfits for their Duffy Bears. We had to look over them all. ALL. It's not an easy choice.

I may have gotten a little impatient.

We finally decided on our outfits--Buzz Lightyear for Julia's Duffy and Sorcerer Mickey for Brynn's Duffy. However, the sorcerer hats were either not lighting up or their velcro wasn't sticking, so the CM had to go through tons to find one that wasn't defective. Turns out it didn't matter anyway, since apparently my kids cannot keep hats on their Duffy Bears.

Brandon wanted to video us coming out the door, but since we took for-ev-er, he kept filming strangers. We should have put that in our final cut of the video.

Outside, Julia began the tradition of playing "HOOPLA!" with her Duffy. Occasionally he would shout, "To infinity...AND BEYOND!" and then be thrown in the air. That actually did make it into the video.

While we were nearby, we simply had to take a spin on "Donald's Boat." It's kind of necessary.

The rain started up just a tiny bit as we made our way to the International Gateway as one big, happy 'Ohana. We had a dinner to get to, and Dani was about to try lemons!

Stay tuned for a glimpse of the chaos that ensues when dining with this group!

Yet again, we love your family video AGAIN this year! My kids can't get enough of it :goodvibes It definitely gets me pumped for our September trip this year!

Jenn seriously awesome video! Kudos to Brandon it puts my first time ever bad technique video to shame.
O Disney Popcorn!! I try to imitate with salt and all those special popcorn toppings they have available but they just don't work! Devyn loves popcorn as it is but the Disney popcorn is special!

Looks like an awesome and relaxing afternoon despite the rain that never came!! Glad it stayed away!

Love the shots in Innoventions! I've seriously never been in there, I suppose I'll get around to it one day lol!

LOVE the shot of Buzz Duffy flying!! Super cute! I feel the need to get my Duffy an outfit, but I just don't know what!! I wish they sold Move It Shake It outfits for them bahaha!!

yeah, another update!

Cute picture of Brynn trying to break a TV with one hand and holding Duffy in the other!

Well Julia, the good news is you have a bright future ... the bad news, you only have half a head

nah, you don't look impatient at all - you look totally interested in the examination of every last Duffy outfit ;)

Yay, an update! You do look relaxed with that Starbucks! I had to get a frappucino last week when I was leaving the park - it was like 11:30pm, we've been at the park since around 1, and it was a travel day, so I'd woken up at 8 and then drove the 2 hours down to Orlando. The frap definitely gave me the energy to make it back to the car and then to Riverside.

We should try Innoventions East. I finally went in West for the first time a few months ago, and it was kinda fun, with the firetruck for my nephew and the piggy bank game. That was brave of Julia to build the roller coaster! I'm scared of them myself, and the Barnstormer is a bit much for me (it's so jerky!). I went on Big Thunder Mountain for the first time last week though, and it was surprisingly not scary and actually enjoyable.

Looking forward to the next update!

Oooh I did a quiz for "What Disney snack are you?", and I was Disney popcorn. popcorn:: So I guess that was a good thing!! :woohoo:

I tend to look at Innoventions as an air conditioned short cut. Perhaps I will stay longer now that I know that there are things to try and break. :scratchin

OOOOOOH Dani and the Lemons!! That should be a musical group.

Yet again, we love your family video AGAIN this year! My kids can't get enough of it :goodvibes It definitely gets me pumped for our September trip this year!
I'm so glad, Lauren! I'm pretty pumped for September, too! It's getting closer by the day...and I keep reminding myself of that ;).

Jenn seriously awesome video! Kudos to Brandon it puts my first time ever bad technique video to shame.
O Disney Popcorn!! I try to imitate with salt and all those special popcorn toppings they have available but they just don't work! Devyn loves popcorn as it is but the Disney popcorn is special!
I'm telling you, I don't even go for most popcorn. Disney popcorn is spectacular, though. It's better than anything I could create, better than movie popcorn, just better than most snacks in general.

Looks like an awesome and relaxing afternoon despite the rain that never came!! Glad it stayed away!

Love the shots in Innoventions! I've seriously never been in there, I suppose I'll get around to it one day lol!

LOVE the shot of Buzz Duffy flying!! Super cute! I feel the need to get my Duffy an outfit, but I just don't know what!! I wish they sold Move It Shake It outfits for them bahaha!!
It was the best day ever.
Innoventions is fun, but really more fun with kids. I think there used to be a lot more to it back in the day.

yeah, another update!

Cute picture of Brynn trying to break a TV with one hand and holding Duffy in the other!

Well Julia, the good news is you have a bright future ... the bad news, you only have half a head

nah, you don't look impatient at all - you look totally interested in the examination of every last Duffy outfit ;)
Brynn is quite talented, obviously.
I'm glad you could tell my interest level was high. Obviously this was the most important decision EVER.

Yay, an update! You do look relaxed with that Starbucks! I had to get a frappucino last week when I was leaving the park - it was like 11:30pm, we've been at the park since around 1, and it was a travel day, so I'd woken up at 8 and then drove the 2 hours down to Orlando. The frap definitely gave me the energy to make it back to the car and then to Riverside.

We should try Innoventions East. I finally went in West for the first time a few months ago, and it was kinda fun, with the firetruck for my nephew and the piggy bank game. That was brave of Julia to build the roller coaster! I'm scared of them myself, and the Barnstormer is a bit much for me (it's so jerky!). I went on Big Thunder Mountain for the first time last week though, and it was surprisingly not scary and actually enjoyable.

Looking forward to the next update!
We had done west last year. The fire truck was fun for the kids, and they really enjoyed the piggy bank game! I'm glad we've tried both sides now.
Big Thunder is FAST! Of course, I rode it at night last time, so that may have made it seem faster...

Oooh I did a quiz for "What Disney snack are you?", and I was Disney popcorn. popcorn:: So I guess that was a good thing!! :woohoo:

I tend to look at Innoventions as an air conditioned short cut. Perhaps I will stay longer now that I know that there are things to try and break. :scratchin

OOOOOOH Dani and the Lemons!! That should be a musical group.

It's a great thing! Classic!
Breaking things is always fun! You can quickly break something as you stroll through the a/c.:thumbsup2
She could be famous! Dani and the Lemons! Do I get any money for contributing to that?

Hi Jenn :wave2:

I found your trip report via Dani's & obviously had to read it! Sorry not to have posted before now but I'm finally all caught up & really enjoying it so far! :)

You have an adorable family! :goodvibes It's great that you all have such a strong friendship with Dani & Matt too :)

I loved watching your trip video...Brandon did a fantastic job with it & yes, there were a few tears at the end!!

Am I going mad or did you used to have links to past trip reports on your posts?? I'm sure I remember seeing them & thinking that I'd like to catch up on the reports at some point, but the links aren't there now...:confused3

Looking forward to reading more! :thumbsup2

Very best wishes,
Siân.xx

I think I may have mentioned on Instagram but I ADORE your trip video! It's so much fun to watch and your family is so cute! I've definitely watched it multiple times already! Brandon is so talented and thank you both for sharing all your memories! :goodvibes

Sounds like you guys had a nice relaxing afternoon! Innoventions is a fun place, made all the more fun by the air conditioning.

:rotfl2: at you having to remind the kids not to try it out on your tv at home!

Just saw the video and it was awesome! I think the 2012 one is still my Dave tho. In the video I saw your family magic tour and looks like your guide was Anna (at least I think that was her name) she was the tour got ours and she was wonderful! Our tour kinda sucked but she was awesome. It was v and I and then a large family group of pushy competitive kids so she was very shy and didn't really do much. Anna dud make sure she had things to do and was included. I wish we could do it again but I'm doubting the story changes!

Hey Girl!

Love the pics of you with your Starbuck's! You don't even look like you're present, you look like your off in your own little happy place:rotfl: Shanleigh gets the same look when she has hers!:thumbsup2

Great pictures again and what a fun day!

I'm am a Starbucks fan as well and I'm really excited to see it in the parks too! Looks like you all had a busy afternoon even with the looming rain. Can't wait to hear about your dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter