What news source do you trust the most?

I work from home so CNN is always on in the background. I don’t believe everything is 100% the way they report.

I’ve even disagreed with some things that have been said about the current President. They were trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Look, there are outlets out there who are openly and admittedly on one side, politically or socio-politically.
I expect that. That is why they are there. No problem...
One shouldn't be trying to compare apples with kumquats.

What bothers me is when most all of the major supposed trustworthy and journalistic mainstream outlets, who try to say they have some journalistic integrity and are not biased, are BIASED out the wazoo. It is like they don't even try to hide it. They are puppets to the ONE side.... Have been shown to be so, over and over again. They don't even really try to hide it any more, It is almost disturbing. That is what bothers me.

So, who do i 'trust'....
The outlets whose entire premise is based on a lie????
Or the ones that actually admit their bias... (which, just sometimes, IMHO, are actually more factual and fair.)

I meant in more general terms, journalism industry as a whole, and I agree that is about the organizations and not necessarily about the individual reporters. They are doing the jobs they were hired for, I just don't think they are hired to really investigate news, to get both sides of stories, to really dig in deep, they are hired to report what will gets ratings, readers, clicks, etc.

I also see a lot where even if the journalists are trying to report the facts, the wording they use changes things. One instance that I can think of is "shooter" "murderer" "terrorist" "gunman"
Those might all be used to describe some recent events in a factual manner, but may show a bias or even create a bias based on what the news source constantly uses to describe the perpetrator.

Not to mention which stories get attention, especially national or international attention.

I think looking at multiple sources, that are generally known for good journalistic standards is the best way to go.

Most days I look at BBC, NPR. PBS, ABC, Al Jazeera and a couple of German sources.

I no longer trust any of them. I used to say I’d watch both sides and try to figure the truth out but that is a royal pain so I quit. The only channel I halfway trust is The Weather Channel.

I feel like most of the mainstream media is left leaning so when I read articles on their sites I always keep that in mind. A couple I feel are somewhat leaning to the right and so I keep that in mind as well. I trust the different news organizations to be accurate in various degrees according to how many times I've detected a bias in their reporting. A couple I trust not at all and won't listen to them on tv and rarely open their websites (get most of my news from websites, I don't watch it much on tv overall, just a few minutes a day at most)

Fox News leads in viewership over both CNN and MSNBC.

If that's accurate, it makes sense, since it seems to be the sole news source of choice for many conservatives. There are a greater number of non-conservative-leaning news outlets, spreading out the viewership across them.

Personally, I gravitate toward BBC, NPR, POTUS Politics radio, CNN, the Washington Post, and the NY Times. I occassionally flip to FOX News on the radio to hear what the "other side" is saying.

I typically don't watch the news, national or local. If there's an important event, like election night or other serious situation, I will turn to Fox News. Never ever CNN, ABC, NBC or CBS. And I don't even classify MSNBC as a news station.

I saw this a few months back and thought it was interesting. Yes, most news shows have a bias, however; facts are still facts. Some "news" channels don't even have facts...pizzagate anyone?

My go-to: CNN, The Hill, The Washington Post, and occasionally Politico.

http://www.allgeneralizationsarefalse.com/the-chart-version-3-0-what-exactly-are-we-reading/

Media-Bias-Chart_Version-3.1_Watermark-min.jpg

I saw this a few months back and thought it was interesting. Yes, most news shows have a bias, however; facts are still facts. Some "news" channels don't even have facts...pizzagate anyone?

http://www.allgeneralizationsarefalse.com/the-chart-version-3-0-what-exactly-are-we-reading/

Interesting chart. The news sources I trust are basically the ones in the gray circle. Washington Post, NPR or BBC are probably my go to. If I read something that sounds like it's not right, I just look at other news media (actual news media not what some random blog or Facebook memes). The real story usually becomes clear fairly quickly.

I was going to say that about facts. I’m not saying that there are not biases in how things are worded. But, I think some ppl claim “bias” when they just don’t like the facts.

Bias can be easy to spot if you are looking for it. When I'm on the treadmill at the gym there are a bank of tv's in front of me. One is on a local news channel, one on Fox, one on CNN and sometimes I can see a few others. The morning after a big event (like the shooting at the Parkland high school) it was very educational to see how incredibly different each of the stations discussed the exact same story. While clearly they should have all been using the same set of facts, the stories that they showed were vastly different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter