What odd or different item do you pack for Disney

I bring tea lights (from the dollar store) for night lights in the bathroom on the counter and the commode.
I always bring Lysol wipes to wipe down surfaces, especially the tv remote. I don't think the remote ever gets wiped down by housekeeping, and I think they are gross. The definitely get used a lot by everyone.
clothespin for the curtain.
a clock radio, because we like to look at the clock in the night and we don't have a smart phone.
This is fun, thanks for this thread, OP.

I’m glad you mentioned clock radio I forgot they took them out. I do have a smartphone but I like to see the time easily if I wake up in the middle of the night.

If you are staying at a Disney resort, most, if not all, no longer provide clocks in the rooms. So, I always pack a small digital clock with illuminated screen.

For trips during hot and humid times, small handheld fans can be much appreciated. They usually are found at dollar stores, for a fraction of the cost of those sold in the parks.

On the other hand, if traveling during the winter months, Orlando weather can be unpredictable. Gloves, scarves, etc. are good choices, especially for those nights when the temps can dive into the 30s and 40s.

On the other hand, if traveling during the winter months, Orlando weather can be unpredictable. Gloves, scarves, etc. are good choices, especially for those nights when the temps can dive into the 30s and 40s.

We learned the expensive way our last trip. We went at the end of January and our MK day was cold. We needed to buy $8 stretchy gloves that we could have bought at the dollar store. LOL

-Clothes pins to hang wet swimsuits/towels on the line in the shower and can use to keep curtains closed
-small laundry basket--makes it easier to take laundry to wash, we pack beach towels in it also
-laundry detergent pods (in a small rubbermaid container so they don't get smashed)
-last trip we brought our favorite chicken salad from the deli, carrots, celery, apples and grapes, deli meat and cheese, pb & jelly for a quick lunch in the room when we were getting ready for the pool/water park or late nights snacks (also for lunch/snack on the drive down)
-power strip or multi-port usb charger
-comforter for the beds because I get cold at night and the thin sheet thing doesn't cut it
-electric tea kettle to heat water for oatmeal and coffee (french press)

Obviously we drive down.

Stamps (postcard & regular envelope)
Scissors
Packing tape
Clothes pins
Pump hand soap
Zip lock bags
Small notebook or pad of paper
Sharpie

I know that’s what I was thinking when I saw it all listed out, but really it isn’t that much once packed.

We keep a soft sided cooler in the back of the car and keep most of the stuff in the first list inside it year around (the silverware, bags, paper products, and wipes). It doesn't take up much space and is really useful to have on hand in the car. Especially for day trips. Since, it’s already prepacked, it’s no big deal to take places.

It’s hard to believe, but pretty much everything except the food, drinks, blankets, and pillows, fits inside a carryon and a small tote. We never check luggage. And the blankets and pillows are more for the car ride, so we leave those if flying as well.

Sorry, I know I got a bit carried away. But I just kept thinking of things and wanted to write them down before I forgot them. We leave in a week, so this thread was a great way for me to get my packing list together.
I could understand that much stuff if you drive or have a long trip. We’ve only flown and never stayed longer than a week.

I’m surprised how many people do laundry while at Disney. I guess I’ve never stayed there with kids or for long enough to do laundry.

Housekeeping will bring you an alarm clock if you request. They even set the time for me!

I could understand that much stuff if you drive or have a long trip. We’ve only flown and never stayed longer than a week.

I’m surprised how many people do laundry while at Disney. I guess I’ve never stayed there with kids or for long enough to do laundry.

It’s a 2 day drive for us, and we usually have between 5 to 9 people on any given trip, plus a dog. With so many people, it’s just too expensive to eat out all the time, so doing meals in the room or car works best for us. A lot of times we pick up barbecue or sandwich meat and plan stops at parks to have picnics, so having all that stuff is a necessity for us. When we have less people or fly, it’s a different story. I do still pack ziplock bags, a sharpie, and scissors. Those are items we always find ourselves needing as well a small usb power strip, so we have enough spots to charge devices.

I’m surprised how many people do laundry while at Disney. I guess I’ve never stayed there with kids or for long enough to do laundry

I don't think doing laundry is necessarily connected to length of trip or traveling with kids. DW and I are staying in a 1 BR villa with a washer and dryer for the first time. I was thinking I could cut down my suitcases by one by doing a load or two during the middle of our week-long trip and re-wearing those clothes. Since we have the washer and dryer in the unit it wouldn't take much time to throw a load in the washer during an afternoon break and into the dryer after we return at night. Same for before we leave, it would be nice to have less laundry to do when we get home.

I'm not sure where, but I read somewhere to pack headphones (the types that go over your ears) if you have little ones. Sometimes the loud rides scare them.

I don't think doing laundry is necessarily connected to length of trip or traveling with kids. DW and I are staying in a 1 BR villa with a washer and dryer for the first time. I was thinking I could cut down my suitcases by one by doing a load or two during the middle of our week-long trip and re-wearing those clothes. Since we have the washer and dryer in the unit it wouldn't take much time to throw a load in the washer during an afternoon break and into the dryer after we return at night. Same for before we leave, it would be nice to have less laundry to do when we get home.
We’ve never stayed in a villa but I could see how that might change my mind. DH sweats a lot so he would definitely use it but I really don’t see myself using a washer/dryer for a week long trip. I guess I just pack light to start with? I’m not sure.

I’m glad you mentioned clock radio I forgot they took them out. I do have a smartphone but I like to see the time easily if I wake up in the middle of the night.

Yes, and we depend on ours. I also cleaned the remote one time, and the cloth came back black!!! I bet it never gets wiped down. gross
It's possibly a source of "Disney flu". I mean everyone uses them.

Last edited:
We learned the expensive way our last trip. We went at the end of January and our MK day was cold. We needed to buy $8 stretchy gloves that we could have bought at the dollar store. LOL

Jan 2002 was in Orlando with temps hitting record lows. We were in DHS when they rolled out the gear for sale. We bought $6 polar fleece embroidered gloves and hats. We are STILL using them. Washed many times. Good as new.

Those were the good old days! :goodvibes

Jan 2002 was in Orlando with temps hitting record lows. We were in DHS when they rolled out the gear for sale. We bought $6 polar fleece embroidered gloves and hats. We are STILL using them. Washed many times. Good as new.

Those were the good old days! :goodvibes

January 2005 is when we were there last. On the plus side, there wasn't very many people in MK that day! Rode everything like 4 times!

I also cleaned the remote one time, and the cloth came back black!!! I bet it never gets wiped down. gross
It's possibly a source of "Disney flu". I mean everyone uses them.

I've read that the remote in hotel rooms is THE grossest thing in the room. I travel a lot for work and I've noticed a lot of chains now have "clean remotes" in the rooms. They're flat with no crevasses but I still spray them down with Lysol spray. In fact, I spray every door knob, light switch, sink and tub with Lysol spray.

I've read that the remote in hotel rooms is THE grossest thing in the room. I travel a lot for work and I've noticed a lot of chains now have "clean remotes" in the rooms. They're flat with no crevasses but I still spray them down with Lysol spray. In fact, I spray every door knob, light switch, sink and tub with Lysol spray.
They say menus at restaurants are similar. Definitely the most disgusting thing and touched by everyone.

Going solo next trip but in the past have bought door hanging for shoes. Provides nice cubbies in the bathroom sink areas since I can't stand clutter with three other women! Nice for brushes, curling irons, tooth brushes, makeup etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter