What Resorts Do You Refuse to Stay At?

If it was free I just could not stay at any of the value resorts. A Disney trip to us is so much more than the parks and we do spend a lot of time at the resorts. We are not the kind of vacationers that just use a room to shower and sleep in so for that reason alone we always stay at a Deluxe resort. We have stayed at Riverside back when it was Dixie Landings and enjoyed it but don't like riding buses.
I wouldn't stay at a value resort if it was free either. It's just not my idea of a vacation. If my budget was around 125.00 a night I would stay at Embassy Suites, Homewood suites..somewhere where I get free breakfast and cocktails. I just don't see any value in the values. People complain about the cost of the deluxes, but there are ways to get discounts. A deluxe at 300.00 a night is more of a value to me then spending 1/2 that at on a value. If I'm not happy with the resort it's a waste of money.

If someone else is paying I would try anywhere for the experience. If I'm paying I'd go GF, YC, and BC. None of them are worth the exorbitant rate even though all are extremely nice.

If I'm vacationing with someone who is paying, then yeah I'll stay wherever they pick on property. But refuse? All Star resorts for sure but I will stay at Pop or AoA if I want a cheap quick one night stay but anything longer and I'm always striving for Moderate or Deluxe.

I really want to experience the campsites and cabins at least once before I completely knock it. But I did do the math and everything ended up costing the same for a Moderate so it's a little hard for me to pull the trigger on them.

I wouldn't stay at a value resort if it was free either. It's just not my idea of a vacation. If my budget was around 125.00 a night I would stay at Embassy Suites, Homewood suites..somewhere where I get free breakfast and cocktails. I just don't see any value in the values. People complain about the cost of the deluxes, but there are ways to get discounts. A deluxe at 300.00 a night is more of a value to me then spending 1/2 that at on a value. If I'm not happy with the resort it's a waste of money.
I'm with you on the free breakfast & cocktails...and quite frankly we've found these hotels to have better customer service and nicer rooms.

Not getting the hate for the values, but i've only stayed at Pop and have no problem staying there again. For us to travel from Canada to Florida with our exchange on a 7 night trip, the difference between value and moderate is $800 so i've been a value fan for a long time.

Not getting the hate for the values, but i've only stayed at Pop and have no problem staying there again. For us to travel from Canada to Florida with our exchange on a 7 night trip, the difference between value and moderate is $800 so i've been a value fan for a long time.
I do like the Values at Universal. They have indoor corridors, gyms, great pools, walking distance to the parks...many of the amenities of a Disney deluxe. I can understand why you what want to save the money though especially if you spend a lot of time in the parks.

Any resort that doesn’t have an interior hallway before entering hotel room. More of a safety security issue with us.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter