What videographer and photographer did you choose?

I have seen a lot of postings about Stan from STVS, is he a Disney Videographer??? If not, did you have any problems using an outside videographer. I'm going with Misty Miotto for photography but was planning on using Disney Videographer. I have seen a lot of postings on here from DIS Brides using Stan. Thanks!!!

event.png

I have seen a lot of postings about Stan from STVS, is he a Disney Videographer??? If not, did you have any problems using an outside videographer. I'm going with Misty Miotto for photography but was planning on using Disney Videographer. I have seen a lot of postings on here from DIS Brides using Stan. Thanks!!!

Stan from STVS is not a Disney videographer, he is an outside vendor.

I didn't have a videographer at my wedding, but I haven't heard of anyone having a problems using an outside vendor (Stan or otherwise) at Disney.

event.png

We are using Stan from STVS & Randy Chapman.

I think Stan does a nice job (from the preview DVD he sent and clips on the website) for a much better price than Disney. I guess everything depends how long you need him and what you want. We are having him at our ceremony (2 hours of coverage) and then he is returning for our Dessert Party that night.

We used Randy Chapman and Kennedy Video Productions.

We have just seen some of our photos and if we think they are just amzing and he is such a cool guy!

Kennedy is a husband/wife team and their work is amazing as well. I haven't seen the final product but I am sure I will be happy!

We also used Chris McCallister - Southern Cross Photography and have been waiting for 9 months. He is out of business and says that he is going to deliver all photo's but have given up hope. He does not return phone calls or emails. WHAT A BUMM. Do not ever use him for such an occassion. He has ruined my happiest day!!! There is nothing else that I can say but I will find him to get our negatives. That is the least that he can do - If you can't provide the finished product because you are broke then at least give the people back their negatives so they can go elsewhere to a true professional!!!
I found a 4th bride who got married the month before me. This is getting worse & worse. I am still trying to get a response from you. Let's band together!

We also used Chris McCallister - Southern Cross Photography and have been waiting for 9 months. He is out of business and says that he is going to deliver all photo's but have given up hope. He does not return phone calls or emails. WHAT A BUMM. Do not ever use him for such an occassion. He has ruined my happiest day!!! There is nothing else that I can say but I will find him to get our negatives. That is the least that he can do - If you can't provide the finished product because you are broke then at least give the people back their negatives so they can go elsewhere to a true professional!!!
I also used Chris McCallister. Please see my post on page 2, I wanted to ask you to get in touch with me so we can meet & discuss our plan to find him. Thank goodness for this website to work together on a plan.

Oh, please email me at tanyamarquiss AT hotmail.com if you have been duped by Chris McCallister...I am desperately trying to track him down. If we band together, maybe we can get something done.

Well I have what I hope is very good news. :yay: I was able to locate Chris McCallister with an email address given to me by another photographer. I sent him an email last night & he responded that he is "still working on them as quickly as possible". So according to him he is planning on sending a complete package to all his clients who are waiting. I hope this is true. But at least I know where he works in Texas now. Everyone keep their fingers crossed for us!

I wouldn't trust him, if I were you. If he was really intending to give you your packages, he would have done so already. Or at least he would have been communicating with you about the delay.

Did you pay him via cash, or credit card? If it was via credit card, contact the credit card company for a charge back.

Email him back, ask for a phone number, and/or an address. You need to know WHERE he is, especially if you need to file court papers.

Good luck!

Well I have what I hope is very good news. :yay: I was able to locate Chris McCallister with an email address given to me by another photographer. I sent him an email last night & he responded that he is "still working on them as quickly as possible". So according to him he is planning on sending a complete package to all his clients who are waiting. I hope this is true. But at least I know where he works in Texas now. Everyone keep their fingers crossed for us!

I'm so glad for you and really hoping it works out well for you all. Sending you pixiedust:

Stan from STVS was ours. He was great and the preview video he had for the reception was awesome!

Misty Miotto is the best photographer I've seen. If you are even considering her, get with her. She and her husband are great and took amazing photos.

We used Randy as our photographer, and as everybody says, he his amazing. We have used Kennedy Video production and frankly even thou they are nice people, I would not recommend them . It's been 5 months since my wedding and still no video. Everytime we e-mailed them it would take very long for them to response, that is after the wedding of course, and they would give us some lame excuse like they were out of town, or they are "artsy" people who wanna do things perfect!!!! We were told 6 to 8 weeks:headache:
When I once spoke to Kathleen she told me that the day of the wedding she told my husband it would be more like 10 to 12 weeks. As if you remember what the videographer tellls you on your wedding day:confused3 .
So for those who haven't hired them yet I would suggest a good discution on how long it will take.

They were ok but nothing fantastic.

And for all you who are having problems with the mccallister guy....:hug:

Tinkerbell

I actually used to work with him just before he left to do Photography full time..I was shocked to see his name today in the Orlando Sentinel (under the Greg Dawson Column). Not sure if you guys might want to pass that working email address on to Greg to see if he can help at all...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/columnists/orl-dawson,0,787894.columnist

Also - I will ask around some of his old friends...see if anyone has details on where he is...

It is me again. Still no pictures. There are 9 couples that I am aware of that Chris will not respond to. I have not heard from him since 8/28 when he said he would send my pictures out that weekend. Nothign came & now he is unresponsive again.
:sad1:
I do have his last address when he lived in Florida however, he has sold that home & no longer lives there. I should start a new thread on "Deadbeat photographers". Anyway 3 of the couples have teamed up with me & we have hired an investigator (as well as consulted several lawyers). Hopefully we have our picture disks very soon.

It is me again. Still no pictures. There are 9 couples that I am aware of that Chris will not respond to. I have not heard from him since 8/28 when he said he would send my pictures out that weekend. Nothign came & now he is unresponsive again.
I do have his last address when he lived in Florida however, he has sold that home & no longer lives there. I should start a new thread on "Deadbeat photographers". Anyway 3 of the couples have teamed up with me & we have hired an investigator (as well as consulted several lawyers). Hopefully we have our picture disks very soon.

The way you and the other couple are being treated is disgraceful. I don't know he can sleep at night. I really hope something can be sorted out for you all, and SOON.

way to go on the investigator. DH and I had a problem where someone had taken some of our money and ran without the service (however it was a Plymouth Prowler worth 20,000+ grand) and we hired an investigator and was able to track him down. I hope it works out for you!!

Just remember that you don't want to say too much on here because hes probably googling his name and finding boards like this. If he knows you know where he is-- he can run.

Best of luck to you and the other couples. I hope you get your pictures soon.

So my investigator contacted Chris & there have been positive results. Two couples have received their complete photo packages. My package is in the mail & I hope to get it soon. Another couples photos are at the lab and progress is being made. Of course my investigator has to hound him weekly to keep him on task. But there is hope when one is presistent.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter