What was the best event or tour you have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMM at MK...so magical to ride 7DMT as many times as you want! We loved it. Hoping it is offered again on our dates this year!

Years ago (2002 I think) they had a much, much cheaper version of Disney after hours- E ride night it was called I think? I don't know it was only like $10 a person. I danced with Mickey in front of the castle because we were the only ones there-it was AMAZING! Me and my oldest son rode so many rides, so many times without getting off. It was truly once in a lifetime.

We did a Backstage tour at AK-we got to pet rhinos-how cool is that!?! I don't think they offer this now.

We also did a Segway tour at Epcot in WS- lots of fun. Also no longer offered.

I use to love MNSSHP-I can't say that it's as much fun as it use to be-too much$$, too many people, just MHO.

We did the dessert party years ago and weren't that impressed, we are giving it another shot though for this trip and going to try the garden view. Hoping my short self will be able to actually see the castle projections, lol.

We did MNSSHP last year and it was soooo good. We went in early Sept and I swear I was in "the spirit" of Halloween for the next 6 weeks. Everything was awesome, it was actually so good that I decided to rework our savings and vacation plans just so that we can go in Dec 2018 to check out MVMCP and compare.

It was short-lived and wasn’t exactly the best use of MNSSHP time, but we did an event called Villains’ Sinister Soirée a few years ago (2014 I think) that we enjoyed. Certainly wasn’t the “best” event out there, but it was unique and fun.

It never made a return.

We have done the HEA plaza dessert party, Disney After Hours, and the Candlelight Processional. All have been great. The dessert party however is the only one I don't feel a need to repeat.

Wild Africa Trek. We did it last November with our 3 kids. Amazing.

Keys to the Kingdom--I did this with dh in January during our "no-kids" trip. My kids aren't old enough, so it was perfect timing.

MNSSHP--I love this event. I have done it twice. I had a mother/daughter trip with my 11 year old last October. We had so much fun.

On my wish list: Backstage Magic. Again, my kids aren't old enough so I will have to wait or maybe score another kid-free trip.

MVMCP
Pirates league - my DS got to go on stage on our first Disney trip when he was 5 and we still love watching the video
Jedi Experience - not an upgrade but lots of fun
Pirates and pals
Early morning safari AKL club level - no longer available

Club Villain.
Second place is Club Villain
Club Villian
I'm sensing a pattern. Sad that it didn't continue, but I understood why.
Party for the Senses
Star Wars Dessert Party
Frozen Illuminations Dessert Party
Star Wars Dessert Party.
Having been, and still am, involved with the above choices, I'm very pleased that the hard work and planning by many Event CMs has been appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
You can get a negative review of almost anything on these boards, but the tours are almost universally praised. We've done the KTTK and MTMK tours they were both wonderful. Because we are HM devotees we LOVED the MTMK tour for the behind-the-scenes look at the attraction. :earsboy:

Which one did you prefer/ is there any overlap? I've just booked MTMK for 31st October and KTTK for 5th November and am slightly concerned it's tour overload. I'm also a Haunted Mansion nerd (I have a Disney Paris Phantom Manor tattoo!) so just wanted to get that backstage glimpse.

We really enjoyed the VIP Thrills tour. It allowed us to take it easy on other park days because we covered most of the thrill rides on the tour day. Essentially, we got 11 FP+ on our tour day for high demand rides. The van transportation from park to park was awesome!

1) Keys to the Kingdom..my
first tour and our guide had some hilarious behind the scenes stories about taking celebrities around
2) Animal Kingdom tour where we got to pet a rhino (through a fence but still cool)
3) Epcot tour of the countries (can't remember the name) where between all of the participants we had visited every country represented in Epcot so everyone something to contribute
4) Marceline to Main Street for the Haunted Mansion ballroom access
5) MNSSHP..love to see the imaginative costumes people come up with

Oh, and Dive Quest (scuba diving in the Seas tank)

Last edited:
Tough question because I really haven't been disappointed in any of the upsell experiences we've done.

Caring for Giants in AK was really quite good and one of my faves. I also like that it's very reasonably priced and doesn't take up a huge chunk of time. I give Behind the Seeds honourable mention here for the same reasons and equally as entertaining.

I love EMM in Fantasyland and also really enjoyed the version they had in DHS a couple of years ago. Riding TSMM 8 times in a row without having to get off was a real highlight.

MNSSHP for seasonal event is so fun. Where else can a grown woman dress up and trick or treat without a care in the world? Always a good time.

Can you tell me more about Caring For Giants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter