• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Was Your First Dining

danny1649

<font color=green>Will be wearing some lime green<
Experience at WDW?Where did you eat first?What did you have?I'm talking fastfood,sitdown or just a snack.Our first visit was 1984 and our first food at WDW was breakfast at Tonys in MK.I,DW and son we had two eggs custom,french toast and Mickey Waffle and we enjoyed our selections and service was great.We were sorry when Tony's closed and then reopened with different menu and format.:wave: :wave2: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Counter service I have no idea! Can't remember!

But for a sit-down restaurant, it was Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. I had the Pilgrim's Feast, and I get it every time we go. We like LTT so much that we make it a must do on each trip to WDW.

Hmmm??? I was 5 on my first trip. All I remember from that is being sick, spending a lot of time in our resort, the Contemporary, and eating soft serve vanilla icecream from the Food & Fun Center.

My first dining experience as an adult was on my honeymoon in 1995. On our first day we picked up lunch at the restaurant where the Kona Cafe is now(Coral something, maybe???). I remember having some sort of chicken tenders with dipping sauce that was very good.

Our first dining experience for counter service (if you don't include the food court at the Caribbean Beach) was in 1996 at Peco Bill's. The food was okay from what I remember. Big servings, we learned to share instead of buying for each of us individually after we ate there.

Sit down was breakfast at the castle. Character interaction was fantastic. Food not so great that day.

Our best meals that week was at Columbia Harbour House for counter service and the restaurant at the Caribbean Beach for sit down. Both were very good.

Our first was Pizzafari in the AK. I think we both got slices of pizza that were pretty good - not great. I do remember ordering the frozen lemonade and it sounded great but I didn't realize that I was going to get a frozen block of lemonade! :) I thought it would be more like a slushy.

Our first sit down was the Cape May Cafe dinner. We were not overly impressed with it either. Thankfully we did end up have some much better meals the rest of our trip.

1996 we arrived in the evening and spent the night off property then in the morning we checked into the CBR and drove over to the Wilderness Lodge where we had a reservation (real) for the character breakfast at Artist Point. It was pretty decent food though not spectacular. I only remember Goofy and Pluto being there but we had a great table next to the window overlooking the waterfall, pool and geyser.

We ate the Coral Isle Cafe, but what we had will forever be forgotten. :)

Our first trip was on our honeymoon and stayed at CBR. We were so hungry when we got there that we ate our lunch at the food court there. Nothing special, just enough to tide us over.

I know we had some sort of food plan and can't remember all the places but what I can remember were: Liberty Tree Tavern, Fireworks Factory, Captain Jack's, Garden Grill, Cape May Cafe, Tony's Town Square, San Angel Inn, Alfredo's, and Victoria and Albert's.

We enjoyed all but Alfredo's and Fireworks (not there now) and weren't really crazy about Tony's.

The most memorable was Victoria and Albert's as that was, of course, the most expensive and was on the last day of our honeymoon - went out with a bang!
:hug:

~DawnMaree

Great thread! Oh the memories you brought back!

We were not loaded when I was a kid, so I did not get to see The World until I could pay my own way. My two brothers, Dad and I went for a long weekend. It was late September, gorgeous weather and not at all crowded. Epcot was only a year or so old. Believe it or not, my first WDW meal was lunch at the Castle. It was incredible, even for a 22 year old. I remember that they served our sodas in pewter tankards, and the soup came in individual cauldrons. Been hooked on Disney Dining ever since!

Other memorable meals from that trip were lunch in Mexico, Dinner in France and Dinner in Germany.

Our first trip in '97 (with our kids ages 22 months, almost 4, and 7)we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and took the boat to the Contemporary for dinner at Chef Mickey's. It was a great time and made us really feel like we were FINALLY at Disney World after months of planning. We have had dinner there on all subsequent trips but one because I wanted to try new places but on the last day of that trip we were on the monorail and passed CM's overhead and we all were nostalgic and regretted not eating there. So last trip we did and dbil was with us and even though he is a single adult he enjoyed it as much as the rest of us. I know some don't care for the food but we have always found it to be fine. In fact last year the prime rib was really good! Plus I fill up on salad, peel and eat shrimp, rolls, prime rib, mashed potatoes, and then dessert so I am not picky about the other entrees or veggies. Next trip we may go with friends w/kids who have never been to WDW. (Hubby is not so sure that all of us on vacation is a wise thing but that's for another thread and folder ;-) If we do go with them I would definitely put Chef Mickey's on our to do list.

I can't remember! I am going to have to ask DH when he gets home. The sad part is that it was only two years ago.

I do know our first character meal was Crytal Palace.

I don't recall anything about food from my two trips in the 70's, but in '99 we had lunch at LTT. I ordered the Benedict Arnold and the waiter didn't miss a beat in shooting back "traitor" !

Deb

I don't really remember much from the trips when I was a kid, so I'll just go with my most recent trips with DH.

My first WDW dining experience was during our honeymoon in 2000. It was at Gasparilla Grill at the GF. Our plane arrived in Orlando around lunch time, so as soon as we checked into the GF, we ate a quick lunch at Gasparilla Grill. That night we had dinner at the California Grill. :)

Wow...this is giving my brain a workout ;)

Don't remember my first trip (early 70's, there was only the MK), but strangely enough I remember my next trip - 01/82! 'Twas shortly after Epcot opened, ate at Rose & Crown.

Denise < --- over 20 years later and STILL working her way through all the restaurants ;)

had to pick my husband's brain for this one....the pinocchio house one at Mk it was horrible and we had sticker shock ( and have never been back!). the Biergarten ( not too great either) and The Golf Resort breakfast buffet,,,,GREAT meal, finally:)

Tony's @ MK for Lunch

I couldn't find anything I liked, so I ordered a Mickey Shapped Cheese Pizza from the kids menu!

I had to go back and look at the trip report I did. I thought it was the Rose and Crown. I forgot about the hotdogs we had at the cart on Main St USA. Looking back I'd say the Footlongs and cokes were the more memerable. The feeling of FINALLY getting to WDW and taking in all the great sites of MK, looking at the castle...yeah, that would be the best meal we have had at WDW. At least until the next one:teeth:

I don't recall what was our first restaurant. All I recall was thinking that the food was not very good, and there were a lot of buffets. We must have done a lot of counter service meals.

I've since learned better. There's a lot of great restaurants at the world. ::yes::

We first went in 1986 on our honeymoon. While I'm sure that we must have had something to eat for lunch - although we may have eaten at the airport or off-site, our first official meal at WDW was at the Polynesian Luau! Great fun! My DH wrapped some of the sweet rolls served with the dinner in his napkin to save for breakfast the next morning, and I was terrified he would be arrested for shoplifting!!

Our next trip back with our kids wasn't until March of 2002. We definitely did that one up right - We arrived at the CR at around 1 pm, checked in, the room was ready, we unloaded our stuff, changed, and boarded the monorail to head to Epcot, where we had a 3:30 PS for the Ice Cream Social! (We had to hit Epcot that afternoon as Test Track was closing for rehab, and would be closed all week!) We enjoyed our quick foray into Epcot - met Mickey, Pluto, and Chip & Dale! What a fun character experience! After, we headed back on the monorail to MK, where we pulled up a piece of curb for Spectromagic and the Fireworks. We did our evening dinner from Casey's while we soaked in the magic! A truly Disney experience!

I don't remember much about my earlier experiences so I'll go with my first dining experience in 2001. We ate at Crystal Palace and I love the atmosphere and the characters. That was a fun place to dine and a must on every subsequent trip I've made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter