• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Was Your First Dining

I don't remember what I ate because it was a long time ago - the 70's, but I do remember that it was at the Crystal Palace when it was cafeteria style. It may have been meat loaf. I do remember how beautiful the place was & that it was not too crowded. We may have been one of the first to eat lunch that day. We are not big breakfast eaters & prefer to eat an early lunch.

I don't remember what I had to eat, but I believe we ate at Liberty Tree Traven back in 1972. Was it there in 1972? I'm pretty sure it was LTT. My next trip to WDW was in 2002 and DH & I ate at Big River Grille, boy was I glad to go back to LTT the next day! Ha.::MinnieMo

Our first sit down meal at Disney was lunch in 1976, at what I believe was then called King Stefan's Banquet, in the castle.

I remember that I had a seafood salad that was delicious. I also remember that the total bill for 3 adults and one child was $13.50.

I was amazed that we could eat so royally when a lunch of truly lousy burgers at Pinnochio's village cost over $10.00 for the same group.

30 years later, and I also am still eating my way around the world :-)

My first memory of eating at WDW is from my 16th birthday. We had dinner in Cinderella's castle. The food was forgettable, but that was truly beside the point. I was SO thrilled to be eating in the castle. I don't remember any other meals before my honeymoon in 1992 when we basically ate all the food we could stand for 2 weeks. Portobella Yaught Club and Alfredos stand out in my memory.

In November, we are taking our two little girls to eat at the Castle. I cannot wait.

My first trip to Disney was back in 1987 and I have no clue where we dined in Disney!! :blush: :upsidedow DH and I first visited Disney back in 1998 and once again I really don't remember the first places we ate. I do remember where our first dining experience was in May of 2001. IT WAS THE HOOP DEE DOO MUSICAL REVUE!!! :hyper: :yo-yo: DH and I had the chicken, corn on the cob, lemonade and soda for our drinks and the WONDERFUL strawberry shortcake. I also ordered DH a broiled fish 48 hours before our arrival as neither of us eat pork and I wanted DH to be able to have more than just the chicken. I was okay with that. The Hoop should have cost us about $100, but being as we doing what was then called the Discovery Magic Package, we did it for free! :teeth: I will never forget that "first" dining experience with DH at Disney. I can't wait til we visit again in 2006! I'm going to try and get some new places we haven't tried yet when my Dreams agent does our PS ressies. California Grille and Kona Cafe are definitely two on the list! :hyper:

Even though we ate at DTD McD's our first day of arrival, I don't count it as our first 'real Disney meal.'

We ate at Chef Mickey's our first night after arrival, and it will forever be our most wonderful Disney memory. What a first impression!

Our DD was only 3 1/2, and we remember the most her standing up in the chairs squealing as Pluto and Minnie came to our table. She was too excited to eat!

My very first trip ever was back in the summer of '77 shortly after we moved to FL when the MK was WDW! I'm pretty sure we ate at Pecos Bill's as we did almost every trip after that for many years. Now I never set foot in the place!! I should check it out for old times' sake.

Our very first Disney dining experience was in 2002 at the San Angel Inn for lunch. We were truly amazed at the interior of the Mexico pavilion--especially the volcano!! We had a table by the water and the kids really enjoyed watching the people go by. I had a salad with cactus in it and it was real yummy and DH had nachos. We followed that with a ride on El Rio del Tiempo and were once again amazed at all the Disney magic--especially the fireworks at the end. Little did we know that that was only a small display of all the awesome magic of a WDW vacation:D

Our very first Disney Dining experience was back in 1987, like several other posters, it was at LTT. We sort of liked it, but the irony was that we lived near Boston at the time, and as other people might agree, it wasn't very "different" if you're from that area. I remember thinking "we came all the way to Florida for THIS? We could get this back home!" Of course, now where we live, I'd think that about Mexican food-that's why I don't eat at San Angel.
But what's sad about our dining experiences back then is how many of those resturaunts no longer exist-Melvin the Moose. Top of the World, Empress Lilly, some buffet in Cantemporary(not Chef Mickey's), etc. , cafeteria style Crystal Palace, non-buffet Biergarten, etc.

My dad took my sister and I when I was about 7 or so, we stayed at CR. I remember the luau with minnie in a bathing suit, but I don't remember the food. Likewise, we had a character breakfast with Chip and Dale.

The only actual food I can remember is eating key lime pie (my first try of it) at the restaurant at the top of CR, I'm assuming where CA Grill is now. I've loved key lime pie ever since!

My very first Disney meal was at Chef Mickey's in August 1992. Chef Mickey's was located in what now is Downtown Disney. My DH and I shared chicken fajitas for two. They used to have the big "chef Mickey" salt and pepper shakers. I thought the whole place was so neat, and I remember DH buying me a set of the S&P shakers to have at home. The next meal was at what is now Cinderella's Castle(it was King Stefan's Banquet Hall) and we had lunch--I had the Cinderella Salad and a drink in a souvineer mug. The salad was huge and I felt so special when I was there! For dessert we shared Red Velvet cake--we've never had any that has ever tasted so good since!
Great thread--We go so often now and are in a much different financial state--we really skrimped to go and to have those two lunches! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

My first experience would have been in November, 1980...unfortunately I don't remember where!?:o

The first place our family ate in 1999 was Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. We had just checked in & were headed out the door to AK (planning to eat there) when the CM started clanging that triangle & shouted "Come and get it!" DS (then 18) immediately turned around, headed back towards the cafe & said over his shoulder, "You go ahead. I'll catch up. This smells too good to pass up!" ;) So we all stayed & had the skillet lunch - mmmmmmm!!!

The first place DH & I ate during out 1979 trip was a stand somewhere at MK. (The only park except River Country.) We had popcorn & white grape juice. It was the 1st time we'd had white grape juice so it stuck out in my memory. The way I remember it is that nearly every place served it, too.

Our first meal at WDW was at Chef Mickey's for dinner in Oct. '98. We had the buffet, with those wonderful garlic mashed potatoes!! :teeth:

This goes back a ways, but as a kid, I seem to remember eating at an Oscar Meyer restaurant on Main Street and then eating at Sarah Lee's bakery for dessert.

Anybody else remember these, or am I going crazy? :confused:

OUr first trip with the kids in 98 was to mgm. We ate at the Soundstage rest. character meal by accident. It turned out great and we haven't looked back since!! How naive we were on our first trip.... The following 7 or 8 trips have all been wondreful.

First meal was in Sept. 1975 at the Papettee Bay Verandah, located where O'hana's now sits at the Poly.
IT had a pacific rim menu, and featured a 3 piece combo and a hula dancer that provided entertainment throughout the evening.
I still have the souvenier glass from the 7 seas cocktail drink I had that first nite!!

The very first time hubby and I went to Disney is when the MK first opened in the 1970's. We went on a shoestring as I had just graduated college and hubby was still in grad school. Neither of us went as children. Our first dining experience was in the Crystal Palace. I thought it was soooo magical!!! I remember having the chicken (which was good) and just sitting there looking around at everything and not believing we were really there!! When we took our first child there many years later we took her to the Crystal Palace and she was just as awestuck as I was!! Still, after years of years, the Crstal Palace holds a very dear place in my heart.

January of 99 was the first time that future DH and I went together. We arrived at CBR around 6pm, after a flight delay, a cancellation (we were really only 4 hours behind schedule), and not sleeping the previous 3 nights (it was New Year's Eve, we were 21....you get the idea). So, we got to CBR, got to our room, laid down, and the next thing I know, it's 8 AM on the following day!! So, we woke up famished and headed for MK. Got there and ran into Pinocchio Haus. I was still a vegetarian at that time, so I just got some fries. He had a burger, I believe. Look to the table on my right, and it is 2 friends I went to HS with!!! How odd. But, that was our first dining experience.

The first time I had ever been, it was March of 1987, I was 9. I remember getting nachos and standing at the base of BTMRR and watching the ship (I can't think of the name right now) go around in the water.

Such great memories! I can't wait to go back!

I don't remember anything from my first two trips. My sister and I ate at Cape May Buffet on our first night in '93.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter