What worked, what didn't and what i would do differently -- Day 1

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a 7 day WDW trip. We did a split stay 3 days Poly and 4 days AK-Kidani. Now that everything has been said and done. I wanted to take the time to let you all know from what i planned -- what worked, what didn't and what i would do differently. It may help with all of your own planning. I will post a day by day report, as i don't have all the time to post everything at once.

Day one -- Arrival on Saturday 4/14 we arrived at MCO at 10:45 -- the DME area was mobbed. I think because it was an earlier flight and the Saturday beginning of our spring vacation it was about a 45-60 minute wait just to get on the bus. Had i known this I would have probably planned for other transportation. But how could i know? Our last trips the DME area was like a ghost town, but we were also arriving on odd days during the week. So we arrived at the Polynesian around noon. After check in and a quick lunch at Captain cooks we were off to Epcot. We opted to leave our plans loose with no TS meal because we knew that there would be lots of food to sample from the outdoor kitchens.

Our Epcot plan was to tour Future world with hitting a couple countries -- it worked out well, we did get a later start and the only ride we didn't get to was the Land because for some reason it had a 40 minute wait. We did Soarin with our FP and Spaceship earth. We did have mission space FP but we never made it over there (no disappointment there). With my touring plans - plan it noted the land to only be an estimated 20 minute wait. So we skipped and hoped we'd hit it another day. We enjoyed hitting Canada and the UK. With it being a Saturday there were a lot of people drinking around the world and a few rowdy groups. A little annoying. but at least my kids get to see what alcohol can do to you.

We ended our day around 8pm and headed back to our hotel. The early 4am wake up for our flight was catching up with us.

I think the day went well. I had our detailed plans from touring plans and our spreadsheet but with arriving later than expected we just went with the flow, did the FP we wanted and just planned to hit what we missed on another day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter