What's $2100 to you? Poly vs Pop

What do your kids think? We have a 3 way split stay, I keep trying to convince my husband and girls to stay at YC 5 nights and CR 3 nights, but they insist on staying YC CL for 2 nights. So we are going 3 nights Pop, 2 YC CL (rest day), 3 CR.
My plan was to do AK, HS & Epcot during our Pop/YC stay and save MK for our CR portion.

Is $2100 a splurge or a drop-in-the-bucket for you? If it's somewhere closer to a splurge then I definitely wouldn't stay at Poly. If you have the money, but you can't justify spending it, then don't.
The place is only magical if it doesn't give you financial anxiety.

I agree with a previous poster....ask your children what they want. You basically have 4 adult sized people staying in a value room.....space....like NONE. If it were for one or two nights, no big deal, but for that long....I know I wouldn't be able to do it. Only the four of you know what you can handle and still have an enjoyable trip. I personally would stay with the Poly'.....I think the extra space will make everyone have a better time, and not be on top of each other. Have a great trip whichever resort you choose!

Are you a Resort family or a Park family? Our family hangs around the resort alot so its worth the extra for us to stay in a deluxe. Not to mention how absolutely magical Poly feels. But if your touring style is RD to close at the Parks then save the cash.

I think this is how to make your decision. My family also uses the resort a lot, so no way we would stay at POP. I would stay at any value if my family was RD to park close, why spend on amenities you will not use?

I also do not see the benefit of split stay unless you really want to stay at a specific resort and will use the amenities there.

2 rooms at Pop is probably still cheaper than Poly.
It’s definitely cheaper.

We’ve been pricing it out. We could get 2 rooms at Pop and still save over $130 per day.
Or we could get 3 rooms at Pop for just a bit more then 1 room at the Poly.

And you get more than one bathroom. Although the Poly studios do have a second shower and vanity area, just not a second toilet.

It’s definitely cheaper.

We’ve been pricing it out. We could get 2 rooms at Pop and still save over $130 per day.
Or we could get 3 rooms at Pop for just a bit more then 1 room at the Poly.

If space is a consideration and your family would spend a lot of time in the parks, I would book two rooms at Pop and uses the $130 per day for food or extras.

And you get more than one bathroom. Although the Poly studios do have a second shower and vanity area, just not a second toilet.

But the studios are TIGHT. My family of 5 often travels together and we will share space at a deluxe. I drew the line at the Poly studio.

But the studios are TIGHT. My family of 5 often travels together and we will share space at a deluxe. I drew the line at the Poly studio.
I’m not a fan of the studios either. I’m comparing a standard Poly room to a standard Pop room.

Taking my 19 year old daughter and my 2 boys (14 and 16) on Disney trip from August 13-20th. I currently have the Polynesian standard view booked but I could book Pop Century preferred view instead. It's $2100 difference. I love Poly but Pop is fun. Obviously 2 different vacations; what do u think?

I think it depends on if you will start to drive each other crazy with that much togetherness or not.

I will share that this July I'm taking a trip with my sister, her husband, and her youngest daughter (18). And as much as we love each other and do a bit of traveling together, we are only sharing a room for 3 nights. July 2-5 we are at the Dolphin in one room, July 5-10 we have two rooms at CSR. I don't think I could share a single room for the whole trip and not start to go crazy, and not start to drive the rest of them crazy. I need a bit of space to breathe.

Plus having 2 bathrooms is always a huge plus. Not going to lie, having 4 of us share that small bathroom area at the Dolphin for 3 nights is going to take a bit of work, planning, and patience.

If you can spend a long time in one room at the Poly and not start to get on each other's nerves, go for it. But you need to be honest about it. If you need to change resorts and have 2 rooms in order to make your trip happier, than that is what you need to do.

If space is a consideration and your family would spend a lot of time in the parks, I would book two rooms at Pop and uses the $130 per day for food or extras.

We are actually fine as a family of four in one room at a Pop, but I know many families are not. We don’t spend a ton of time at the parks anymore and actually enjoy hanging at Pop. But I do love the Poly too. :)

Our plan is to spend 10 nights at Pop and then 4 nights at the Poly.
It’s just crazy to think our 4 night Poly stay will cost significantly more then our 10 night Pop stay.

Thank you to everyone who has shared their thoughts and experiences. I think before I get 2 rooms at Pop, I'd rather get a moderate. I could probably repost but I really like what this group has to offer. What about a room at Port Orleans Riverside?

We’ve stayed at both POR and POP. POR has beautiful, relaxing scenery; a fun pool, smallish quick service, and a fun boat ride to Disney Springs - but being a family of five it only worked for us when the kiddos were small. The pull down bed won’t accomodate tall folks, unless they’re curl up and sleep types. We also feel like we need two bathrooms to save time getting ready. When we switched to POP we never looked back. My family loves the over-the-top Disney theming, and even the sometimes chaotic food court for a quick bite. We’ve been lucky to always get connecting rooms so we just leave the door open and we can still enjoy all the togetherness we can handle! We prefer the bus system at POP with only one resort stop rather than the many stops around POR and sometimes POFQ thrown in too. Down the road, we’re looking forward to the skyliner alternative as well. We also like to walk over the bridge to AoA now and then - some interesting QS meals there....and we can hop their bus at the end of a day if we feel the need. Are you thinking of one room or two at the moderate level? Enjoy the decision making process! Totally part of the fun!

Taking my 19 year old daughter and my 2 boys (14 and 16) on Disney trip from August 13-20th. I currently have the Polynesian standard view booked but I could book Pop Century preferred view instead. It's $2100 difference. I love Poly but Pop is fun. Obviously 2 different vacations; what do u think?

What's $2100 to me....nearly TWO more trips to Disney if just my son and I! I'm a FL resident, so perhaps I'm not the best person to speak on this as I get great discounts on resort rooms to begin with. But I look at that $2100 as money you can use for something else at Disney....an after hours event, EMM, or a nice table service lunch or dinner everyone can agree on, and possibly just souvenirs. I'm not suggesting spending it all on those things....just what you CAN use that $2100 for and hopefully will have some left over.

You just have to decide what means more to you...the "luxury" of the Poly or having fun at Pop. Even as a resident, even with the amazing tax refund we get every year, I can't "swallow" the price they want for a deluxe resort. I wanted to stay in the AKL one year and when I saw the $260+ a night resident rate, I was like....wait...huh?? :faint: The Values on the high end, (Art of Animation not included) only run me about $123 a night. I'm thinking of doing the Moderates on our next trip, but we will see. :P Are you and your family rope droppers or close the park people? Then you need to do the Pop. Do you like those midday breaks and having some resort or pool time and perhaps a nice restaurant instead of a food court to eat at....then do the Poly. GOOD LUCK! And I hope I helped! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter