What's $2100 to you? Poly vs Pop

What about a suite at Art of Animation? Cheaper than the Poly and everyone has their own bed, you get room to relax and two bathrooms. Plus you get a microwave. Not sure if they have a toaster. Also for the price of the Poly you could probably rent DVC points and get a two bedroom at one of the deluxe resorts. Even if you don’t cook it’s sure nice to have a kitchen for late night snacks and breakfast. Especially with teenage boys.

Pop! Definitely Pop, if Pop and Poly were the SAME price! I love Pop so much, more than any other hotel in Disney: more than GF, more than BC, more than Poly, more than CBR, more than Riverside! And I've stayed in all those!

We walked through the Poly from the TTC area last fall. It seemed a lot more chaotic there than it was during our idyllic stay years ago. Surprisingly, my DS said he wouldn't even be interested in staying there again! The area between the pool and the GCH was completely congested with people and strollers, with little kids screaming and running in every direction. Before anyone thinks I'm a "Get off my lawn" type, I'm not; I love children! But this was mass chaos! We could barely walk through! I'm not sure if we caught it at a bad time, or if it's always like this now. Idk. But it didn't seem relaxing to us, even inside the GCH. I wouldn't mind paying the money if I had it, but I'd want to be getting something really great in return. And unfortunately, for us, that wasn't it anymore!

We walked through the Poly from the TTC area last fall. It seemed a lot more chaotic there than it was during our idyllic stay years ago. Surprisingly, my DS said he wouldn't even be interested in staying there again! The area between the pool and the GCH was completely congested with people and strollers, with little kids screaming and running in every direction. Before anyone thinks I'm a "Get off my lawn" type, I'm not; I love children! But this was mass chaos! We could barely walk through! I'm not sure if we caught it at a bad time, or if it's always like this now. Idk. But it didn't seem relaxing to us, even inside the GCH. I wouldn't mind paying the money if I had it, but I'd want to be getting something really great in return. And unfortunately, for us, that wasn't it anymore!
The GCH is definitely a happening place, especially around Ohana at breakfast and dinner or when people are in the lobby lining up for The Spirit of Aloha. But I’ve never seen congestion or mass chaos outside on the grounds anywhere. It’s definitely not normally like this. I find walking the grounds very relaxing. :goodvibes

The GCH is definitely a happening place, especially around Ohana at breakfast and dinner or when people are in the lobby lining up for The Spirit of Aloha. But I’ve never seen congestion or mass chaos outside on the grounds anywhere. It’s definitely not normally like this. I find walking the grounds very relaxing. :goodvibes
We always did, too, which is why we did that! But this was anything but relaxing, and it surprised us! If I'd paid all that money to stay there and found this was how it was, I'd be very disappointed! We thought maybe it had become "too" popular, but idk.

I do think the lawn area with the turf feels congested. I am not a fan of the way that seems to work out, but I understand why they moved away from movies by the lagoon. Aside from that, walk to your longhouse and the congestion goes away.

:offtopic: I've stayed at Poly several times and I still don't understand why people love it so much. GF is nicer in my opinion. Also a monorail resort. Has a wonderful fitness center. Has laundry in each building. Most importantly, it always has a better room discount than Poly.

I would definitely compromise and pick a moderate, you'll save a good chunk of money but still have more room and amenities that POP...POFQ is my favorite moderate, but I also really like Riverside and Caribbean Beach. The great thing about either POR or POFQ is that they are walking distance from each other so you get to use both of their pools, 2 food courts to choose from, a sit down restaurant and a boat ride to DS.

I would definitely compromise and pick a moderate, you'll save a good chunk of money but still have more room and amenities that POP...POFQ is my favorite moderate, but I also really like Riverside and Caribbean Beach. The great thing about either POR or POFQ is that they are walking distance from each other so you get to use both of their pools, 2 food courts to choose from, a sit down restaurant and a boat ride to DS.
Can anyone quickly quote size of a room in Pop vs size of a room in a mod?

I have tried and tried and tried to justify the cost of a deluxe, but there just isn’t any way! I honestly don’t know how so many people are able to stay in such over-priced hotels for weeks at a time. They are nice, but no way are they close to $500+ per night nice, especially when a good chunk of time is spent at the parks.

OP, I stayed at Riverside in August with 3 other adult women, comfortably. We loved it! The pool was nice, good food options, and the boat ride to Disney Springs and back so fun! The resort has such a charm to it too. I liked it more than CBR in 2016 before the lame refurbs happened. Also you can use both pools at RS and FQ, if you are staying at either.

When we switched to POP we never looked back. My family loves the over-the-top Disney theming..

We LOVE the Disney theming at the Values as well!

I thought I was doing a great thing and booked POR for our 2nd trip and it just wasn’t the same! My kids (both teenagers) complained that the resort didn’t even feel like they were at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter