"What's the Catch - Do I Not Get Bacon?" - 11/27 - TR started!

7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew you are just 7 days away from your trip! I'm all excited for you!

Hope you have a great week at work and that time flies until you leave for DIsney! pixiedust:

Whoo! Single digits! :dance3:

That's so exciting. It's near impossible to accomplish anything when you're that close to your Disney trip. All you can think about is being in the parks and eating Disney food. :goodvibes Hopefully, you can get the Santa signs and borders knocked out quickly.
Literally everything I do reminds me of one week until Disney! An Aerosmith song just came on the radio and of course I'm suddenly in DHS on RnR!! :lmao:

I cannot let Alex read your PTR; he's been nagging me about putting up our Christmas decorations before our trip, and if he sees that other people are already picking out trees, I'll lose that battle. :rotfl2: However, that being said, it's really cool that you go and tag your tree and take your dogs with you! I bet that's the perfect way to start the holiday season.
I used to be the one begging my parents to let me decorate, but since Johnny wants to decorate so early I'm now the one holding him back! Tagging our tree is a really fun kick starter to the season. We enjoy it. :goodvibes

Whoo hoo!! Single Digits!

Can't wait to see your pictures! And I LOVE Elf! My kids love it too. They especially love the scene where he lets out that awesome burp after chugging down the whole 2L bottle of Coke. I bought tickets to go see the musical at the Kennedy Center in December for DD. Can't wait!
Single digits indeed!! :cool1:
Elf the musical?? Oh so cool! That sounds like it would be hilarious. You'll have to tell us all about it!

Yay, single digits!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Okay, Star Trek: TNG is the best ever! It's so addictive. That show hit the airwaves when I was 6, and we watched it from the start.
I think I'm addicted to TNG! We watch it at every opportunity. I've even been watching it on my iPad on my lunch breaks at work! :rotfl2: We drew up a plan to see everything Star Trek eventually. :thumbsup2

Once again, I have been missing in action. I'm glad I am here in time to help you celebrate your single digit dance.

:banana::banana::banana:

Thanks for helping me celebrate Dee!!

The new glasses look great on you!
Thank you! :blush:

Love your Day 5 "plans". How nice not to have an overscheduled day. We really enjoy T-Rex too. But Beware- portions are HUGE, so you may want to graze on appetizers or split a meal so that you can save room for

DESSERT!!!

:woohoo:
I figured portions would be big, I've been hearing that it's a lot like Rainforest. I'll do my best and definitely leave room for dessert! popcorn::

Mark and I were just talking today about how much we enjoyed the dessert party as we were looking at pictures from our summer trip.
We loved the dessert party too. So easy going! No pushing for elbow room. :lovestruc

Day 6 is awesome, too! Boma is my favorite restaurant at Disney (although La Hacienda is giving it a run for the money).
Boma has always been very near the top of our list, whether it's #1 or #2. I have yet to try La Hacienda!

We tagged our tree last weekend. My son pointed out that it was a lesson in reverse survival of the fittest. The ugly trees are the ones that survive.
Huh. I've never thought about it, but how true!

How do your cats do with the trees? Two years ago we couldn't stop the kittens from climbing into the branches, but last year was much better.
So far (knock on wood) no issues at all with the cats! Even last year when Oscar was only 5 months old, he was still really good. My older cat Harry was an outdoor cat for so long, trees are old news to him! :rotfl: I can't take any credit, I just got lucky!

My camera tip is not really a photography tip, but a suggestion. The first picture I take on my memory card is my name and email address and sometimes cell phone number.

I like to think that most people are honest, and if I lose my camera, someone who finds it will return it if they are given adequate clues to how to reach me.
Ahh! Good idea! I think you're right, especially in Disney World people seem to be honest.

PS- Sent you a PM
:thumbsup2

7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew you are just 7 days away from your trip! I'm all excited for you!

Hope you have a great week at work and that time flies until you leave for DIsney! pixiedust:
Can you believe it!? I can't! You must be excited to see mine getting so close, because that means yours is too ;)

Hi guys! Happy Saturday! I'm at work (an hour and a half left to go!) and just stopping in to do my... SINGLE DIGIT DANCE! 9 SLEEPS UNTIL DISNEY! 4 work days to go!! I can't wait!! As if that's not exciting enough, after work today Johnny and I are going to a tree farm to tag our Christmas tree! We always do it the first weekend in November when the farm opens for tagging. We take the dogs and make a day of it! Unfortunately we always disagree on what kind of tree to get, but it results in some laughs and a good meet-in-the-middle tree too. Next weekend is the long weekend for Remembrance day and that's the weekend we traditionally put up our Christmas lights! We don't turn them on until later, but we get them on the house while the weather's still warm and there's no ice underfoot. I've been busy at work getting ready for Santa Claus. You see our store takes and prints the Santa photos at the mall! I have been designing the print borders, signs and all other materials we may need because Santa starts just three days after I get back from Disney! Can you believe it? The holidays are a-coming, folks! That's all for now, I have to get back to work, but have a great weekend everyone!

Wow!!! Your trip is so close!! Are you ready??

We love our tree farm! It's great, it's also an apple orchard and we get a wagon ride to the "tree plantation" and then when we are done they give you got cider or coco and a cider donut - all for like $30....

I can't wait to see pictures and hear about all your adventures!! And just in case - have a fabulous trip and safe travels!!

I hope that you had a great halloween :)

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!:banana: Woop!

I can't believe that you are already in single digits - that means the holidays are coming up so fast!

I love the relaxed approach that you are taking to this trip, it is going to be so nice :)

I'm sorry I missed the official single digit dance, but YAY SINGLE DIGITS!!!!

:dance3::yay::cheer2:pixiedust::wave2::cool1:

You are going to have such a great time! It's the best time of year to go! And I'm SO happy the holidays are coming! It's time to listen to Christmas music and put the lights up! Ahhh I'm so happy! :thumbsup2

Wow!!! Your trip is so close!! Are you ready?? We love our tree farm! It's great, it's also an apple orchard and we get a wagon ride to the "tree plantation" and then when we are done they give you got cider or coco and a cider donut - all for like $30.... I can't wait to see pictures and hear about all your adventures!! And just in case - have a fabulous trip and safe travels!!
Yes I think I am ready!
That sounds like an adorable tree farm. Ours is just go in, tag a tree, come back at Christmas and cut it. Hahaha
Thanks!

I hope that you had a great halloween :) SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!:banana: Woop! I can't believe that you are already in single digits - that means the holidays are coming up so fast! I love the relaxed approach that you are taking to this trip, it is going to be so nice :)
The holidays are really coming up so fast! I can't keep track! I have a good chunk of my christmas shopping done so at least there's that!

I'm sorry I missed the official single digit dance, but YAY SINGLE DIGITS!!!! :dance3::yay::cheer2:pixiedust::wave2::cool1: You are going to have such a great time! It's the best time of year to go! And I'm SO happy the holidays are coming! It's time to listen to Christmas music and put the lights up! Ahhh I'm so happy! :thumbsup2
Down to 3 days now! I can't believe it! I am so excited! I've been listening to my christmas music and even have out a decoration or two!

4 days!!!!!!!! You get an official :cool1: :cool1::cool1: :cool1::cool1::cool1: :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
Yayyyyyy!! Omg I am so excited!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You're leaving so soon! Sooner than me, and I'M leaving so soon!

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Christmas music sounds good; think I'll load some up myself for the trip, so I can listen to it before I head to MVMCP!!

I put up my tree too. :rolleyes1

You're leaving so soon! Sooner than me, and I'M leaving so soon!

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Christmas music sounds good; think I'll load some up myself for the trip, so I can listen to it before I head to MVMCP!!

I put up my tree too. :rolleyes1
2 days!!! 2 days!!

You put your tree up? You're my hero! (I may actually put my little tree up this weekend!)

:dance3:

Have a great trip, can't wait to hear about it!
Thank you!!

It's 6:40. I've been awake since 5:20. I can't sleep. Know why?

null_zpsaa87ac9c.png

Yeah! That's why!

kermit-yay-flail-o.gif

I'm up and ready to get a move on! I have the weekend off and have to get the house, pets, and suitcases ready for Monday. My to-do list which had been down to "Get a hair cut" (which I did Thursday!) has grown again, but I'm getting through it. For example, my memory cards are wiped clean, batteries are charged and now it's come down to which lenses to bring.

Speaking of lenses...

If you didn't see it on Facebook, I got my new lens!!! :yay:

Sigma 18-35mm f1.8. She's a beauty! So solid (read: heavy!) I haven't had too much opportunity to test it but here are a couple I managed to get early morning before work. I was impressed since the sun wasn't even quite up yet.

10756578263_25171a2f82_c.jpg

10756341186_f0dddc761c_c.jpg

10756124875_211feef073_c.jpg

10756466693_13b9ee3c78_c.jpg

I'm impressed so far but I can't wait to stretch it out at Disney. Just two more days to wait!!

I've got to print off my flight info and itinerary/ADRs next. Right now though the sun is coming up beautifully and I think I'm going to go try that lens again! Hope to check in once more before I go!

Edited [9:20am] to add: Guys. It's SNOWING!

tumblr_mejc59aif21qbrdf3o1_500.gif

Ok, just tiny little beautiful fluffy flurries, they're not sticking to the ground, but what a way to get me ready to go on my Christmas vacation!

Ohhhhhhhh, so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the kitty cat picture :)

2 days!!!! So exciting!! I love the pictures you took with the new lens and I can't wait to see all of the awesome ones you take at WDW! Good luck getting your to do list finished :)

So excited for you! I've heard nothing but good things about that lens and can't wait to see your pictures with it!

Have a great trip!

2 more days....so exciting!

Your new lens is amazing....but I think the person behind it is really responsible for those amazing pictures:goodvibes

We've been seeing a few flakes yesterday and today as well....getting me in the spirit of starting my Christmas decorating....yes, I am one of those! Right after Remembrance Day!

Have a great great time my friend!

TWO DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!!!! :hyper:

I saw on FB about the new lense. Looks like you are (and will) have a ball playing with your new toy. :goodvibes

When I signed on the DISboards this morning, I was going to come to your PTR to say that it's so exciting your trip is almost here!!!

:woohoo:

2 more days!

This upcoming week, you'll be waking up in AKL, touring the Epcot, and eating desserts at the Magic Kingdom!

:dance3:

(Side note: I saw you on MEK's facebook, so I sent a friend request. That's who the random person is asking.:lmao:)

Is it amusing to think that while it's snowing at your house, you'll soon be wearing shorts and soaking up the FL sun? :rotfl:

2 days!!!! :cool1: :yay:

I am so excited for you!!!!

A new lens?!?! Awesome! Your photos are great! I love the one of the red berries and of course your sweet beautiful kitty!

Can't you just leave now??? I mean you are off for the weekend aren't you? :lmao:

Snow, 2 days and a new lens!!!!! I can feel the magic building! Love the pictures, can't wait to see what you really get out of it, they will be spectacular!!!!

2 days!!!!!! So exciting, I wouldn't be able to sleep either.

Congrats on the new lens. I'm sure you're going to get plenty of beautiful pictures to share with us using that baby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter