What's the most you ever spent on a pair of shoes?

$660

(but they are figure skates, and I still use them, more than a decade after I got them)

It really depends on the shoes and the person, but we have found that we spend less money overall when we buy more expensive shoes. (Ex. If a $100 pair of shoes lasts 6 years, that’s under $17 per year. I know many people who will buy a $25 pair of shoes every few months because they don’t last. Even if they do last a whole year, mine still have a lower “per year” cost.)

Most of our shoes are around $100. I do try to know our sizes in certain shoes so I can purchase them on sale when I see them. So I might buy $120 shoes for $70 or $150 shoes for under $100.

My most expensive are these Pikolinos. They were $220, but my husband went back the next day and got them for $170ish
71A0457A-7269-43FE-9F1F-A24469E0C2AF.jpeg

It really depends on the shoes and the person, but we have found that we spend less money overall when we buy more expensive shoes. (Ex. If a $100 pair of shoes lasts 6 years, that’s under $17 per year. I know many people who will buy a $25 pair of shoes every few months because they don’t last. Even if they do last a whole year, mine still have a lower “per year” cost.)

Most of our shoes are around $100. I do try to know our sizes in certain shoes so I can purchase them on sale when I see them. So I might buy $120 shoes for $70 or $150 shoes for under $100.

My most expensive are these Pikolinos. They were $220, but my husband went back the next day and got them for $170ish
View attachment 369351
I totally think that's going to depend on the person.

No way am I buying a pair of shoes every few months.

My $35 boots I bought on clearance have lasted me something like 6 or 7 years and I've worn them all over the place. I couldn't even tell you the brand (but it sure wasn't no high fancy brand :D) as that's been worn off. And they are just now starting to have the outside leather-like material break down. So at 6 years that would be $5.83 or at 7 years that would be $5.

My Rykas that I've spent anywhere from $25-just over $30 for have lasted me quite a while. I have 2 of the same kind but in different colors and I was able to get one color for $25 on Amazon for instance. DSW was originally selling those Rykas for $70 and the other pair I got on clearanced and with a coupon added. I've forgotten where I got the one two Rykas I own but I'm guessing they were heavily on sale as well.

Specialty shoes-like for a specific activity or for the health and well-being of a person (like for diabetics or foot ailments) are on a different class though than someone just buying shoes for themselves (adding in the word custom will drive up the costs).

Really what you're talking about is well-made, higher quality shoes and normally that means it comes with a high price tag but a person def. doesn't have to spend that to get them.

"Really what you're talking about is well-made, higher quality shoes and normally that means it comes with a high price tag but a person def. doesn't have to spend that to get them."

This is me now. Younger me was looking for cheap shoes I liked for the.season. Now it is about getting the best deal on quality shoes that last. Now for the kids who outgrow shoes by the 6 months that, still about cheaper price with quality for the shtor term except for dance shoes. Those are.just not cheap.Glad my oldest feet finally stopped growing so her last a little bit longer.

$160 for My Hoka One One running shoes. The last about 4-5 months and then I get a new pair!

My bike shoes were about $250 but I've had them for 3 years now. I'm going to have to get a new pair for this next season.

I have one pair of shoes that cost $395. The rest of my shoes run in about the $100-$200 range, but I only own 8 pairs of shoes total, and shoes tend to last me many, many years because I have them fixed by a professional cobbler when they wear out.

$200-$300 for work dress shoes. I was wearing through cheaper ones and now for the price these last much longer and can be resoled if I ever end up needing it.

Somewhere around $100 for a pair of Mizuno running shoes when I was running a lot. Worst running shoes I ever had. Got them fitted in the store and everything.
After that, I stuck to shoes that were going out of style in brands that worked for me (well, until I got pregnant with twins and got myself out of shape)

Now I generally spend $50 for shoes for myself because I need wide (see twins comment above) and I need comfortable something like Aerosoles.

DH spends A LOT more on shoes than I do.

DH wears Allen Edmonds dress shoes for work, so he has pairs ranging from mid $200s to upper $300s.
He does get them reconditioned every so often, and they last years.

For myself, around $225 for boots. You need good boots in these WI winters.

$120 on my Blundstone boots. I have tiny feet and wear children's size 4. Great for Boots and runners, not so great for dress shoes.

$660

(but they are figure skates, and I still use them, more than a decade after I got them)
Oh yes. $1200 CAD for boots and blades DH bought when he skated. Thought he was done growing at age 19 and they would last him Nope. He grew 4 inches and 2 full shoes sizes. Fortunately they fit MIL so she got some great skates.

I used to wear Converse All-Stars until my feet started giving me trouble-they have no support for your arches. I think the most I paid was 60 bucks for a pair.

Around $110 jointly for a pair of Geoxes I wore all the time during my NYC vacation earlier this year and a pair of Nike Air Jordan 1s.

$40 for work shoes.

$90 for a pair of waterproof hiking boots.

Some of the amounts listed on these posts scare the living heck out of me, to be honest. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter