• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the one thing (in the World) everyone should do at least once?

Pass on the magic...it's the unexpected kindness of strangers that we've found truly magical. We always plan one pass it on magical moment and it becomes a fun tradition. Sometimes it's getting fast passes to pass it on to a weary family standing in front of a ride disappointed at the long line...

Sometimes it handing an unexpected gift - flowers to a woman walking alone in our resort, a pin or balloon to a child in meltdown, loudly saying "look at that beautiful princess", even paying for the popcorn of the person behind you whose child is jumping up and down in sheer excitement at the popcorn vendor.

Whatever it is...passing the magic on...adds to our magic.

Lovely sentiment, and so truly Disneypixiedust:

Here's my suggestion. Go to EMH in the morning. Grab a coffee/tea and funnel cake/cinnamon roll. Sit on a porch in Liberty Square. Watch the park wake-up. See The Hall of Presidents. I always cry, and I'm Canadian. Sometimes we need to be reminded to be grateful for all we have.

Everyone should see "One Man's Dream" to have some appreciation for the "Man behind the Mouse". I remember being in there once when a kid was finding out for the first time that Walt Disney World was named after a real person, that there really was someone named Disney. It should be required attendance for everyone.

Illuminations Boat tour

Behind the Seeds Tour

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party

There are many side shows to be seen at EPCOT....
"chairs" at France
"candy lady" in Japan
"off Kilter" in Canada
The English band in England...(forgot their name)

and i'll 2nd the appreciation of trying the Beverly :thumbsup2

"Friends don't let friends try Beverly". However , BEST friends pour a cup, hand it to you and have the camera ready!!! :-)

Strolling very slowly out of World Showcase after Illuminations has ended. So pretty, quiet and romantic.

Just curious to know if you get out of the restaurant before rope drop?

It's possible, but I don't think you can count on it if you want to see all the characters. We got seated 10 minutes early for an 8:15 ADR at CP, saw all the characters, ate without rushing, paid the bill early and got out around 8:45.

Just curious to know if you get out of the restaurant before rope drop?

We regularly get out of an 8:05 CP ADR with time to spare before rope drop. Generally we do castle pictures (if we didnt have time before breakfast), and head towards fantasyland and wait at those ropes until released. Magical!!

We just completed, or rather tried to complete the Ultimate Tour of the Magic Kingdom, where you attempt to see every core attraction in one day. One of the attractions is the Flag Retreat Ceremony in Town Square. I loved this, and it would have never been on my radar of things to do if I hadn't had to do it on this tour. If you're ever in the MK at 5:00pm, and don't have anything better to do. Go watch it, it's extremely patriotic and just a nice feel good thing to do. Definitely worth seeing at least once.

We just completed, or rather tried to complete the Ultimate Tour of the Magic Kingdom, where you attempt to see every core attraction in one day. One of the attractions is the Flag Retreat Ceremony in Town Square. I loved this, and it would have never been on my radar of things to do if I hadn't had to do it on this tour. If you're ever in the MK at 5:00pm, and don't have anything better to do. Go watch it, it's extremely patriotic and just a nice feel good thing to do. Definitely worth seeing at least once.

I agree with the flag ceremony. We happened to be returning to the park one day as it was about to start and we figured why not stay and watch. It was really neat.

Ask for and pay your bill as soon as you sit down. No guarantee but it will help.
BTW, Crystal Palace is our favorite breakfast place in the World.

Now, that is an excelent idea. We could use that idea for a lot of restaurants to save time.

This generally only works if you have an AP, but try going into a park just to eat. Don't ride anything, or see any attractions (if you can help it).

Gives a whole new perspective on being in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter