what's the worst thing you've eaten at wdw?

For me, the Ribs ... anywhere on property. Flame Tree, Hoop-De-Doo, Wilderness Canyon, you name it, the ribs are awful. I think they must come out of the same kitchen, or at least have the same recipe. You would think that DW being in the deep south they would know how cook BBQ, but for whatever reason they don't.

From our last trip this past May, the worst thing that I ordered was a sugar free cheese cake at Coral Reef. It was horrible!:crazy2:

This was going to my answer. I was hoping it'd be decent due to the fact it was cheesecake, but it was just yucky.

We've eaten at TS: Crystal Palace (B, L, D), Boma (Dx2), Tusker House (Bx2), 1900 Park Fare (B), Chef Mickey (D), Ohana (Dx2), Chefs de France (L), T-Rex (D), Sci Fi (Lunchx3), Hollywood & Vine (B), Rainforest Cafe (L, D), Cape May (D)

CS: Epcot (French, Chinese, Mexican), Old Port Royale, The Mara, WPE, Pizza Planet, Pinnochio, Columbia Harbor House

I can't think of anything that was truly terrible. :confused3 Guess I am not picky :lmao:

Some things were not "good" (especially for the price) but nothing inedible. Maybe reading the DIS and staying away from the truly terrible items and places helped :thumbsup2

Dec '10 the DW and I ate at the Cape May seafood buffet one night for dinner. The crab legs were really skimpy. The peel & eat shrimp were over cooked and tough. There was literally no melted butter to be had. The dessert table had maybe 3-4 dessert plates and none of them looked very good. I won't say the food was horrible but it wasn't good. Wondering if we just caught them on an off night or even just an off hour. Every other dining experience we've ever had has been exceptional.

I was started to wonder if I was the only one who didn't love Cape May. It was VERY expensive...and I spent so long shelling crab legs for my DS and I that I just got tired of doing it at some point. The desserts were not that good. And how many crab legs do you need? I would have preferred Red Lobster :rotfl2:

The vegetarian sheperds pie at the Rose and Crown. Absolutely gross!

I absolutely loved the veggie shep pie...ordered 2x in a week, AAMOF!

The mahi mahi dish at Coral Reef.

Maybe it was just bad or maybe I don't really like mahi mahi. It was my first experience with it, but I like almost all other fish, so who knows...

I had this last fall and really liked it..

I took the "wrong scrambled eggs" at BOMA. If you've been there for breakfast, you know what I'm talking about.

If by wrong you mean goat cheese and chive...then wow! We dream about those eggs! We love them so so so so much! Worth the price of the meal, IMO. I get a plate of those, some grilled tomatoes and asparagus, some sambal and that is my whole Boma breakfast meal. YUM!

Bad meals -

Electric Umbrella...filthy, gross food.

Chefs de France - the Mahi Mahi sandwich was gross...incredibly fishy. Too much bread for the small piece of fish..

The Wave - Chef Boyardee quality, ugly decor

We have enjoyed Boma, Kona (my 2nd fave place after Ohana...their sustainable fish dish with swiss chard and black rice is out of this world!), Hollywood and Vine bfast, San Angel Inn, Le Cellier (granted, I get the fish dish), and Kouzzina!

The worst thing I ate was at Animal Kingdom, it was at one of the little food stands. It was supposed to be sweet and sour chicken (I think) but it was chicken nuggets with a nasty sauce poured on them. That's my only bad experience though

The worst thing I ever ate at Disney was dinner at Marrakesh. We had never been in the restaurant before so I was very excited to try it. Actually in all fairness, I was about 7 months out from gastric bypass, so anything I ate during this time was fairly risky. Whether I ate too much, ate too fast, or the spices did not agree with me, the experience made me physically sick and affected the rest of our evening in Epcot.

The "recommended" prime rib at Grand Floridian Cafe'. Both raw and tough! And the chicken wings at Pepper Market. Both fried hard and cold! Maybe just a bad day for both...:confused3

we have done the DDP twice and the DXDP once and the only awful meals I had were Crystal Palace and Tony's. Beirgarten was ok. The food court at GF was not that great either.

Before our last trip to Disney in Oct 2011, it had been quite a few years since we had been there, and I have to say that even with that in mind we still stayed very clear of ABC com. I can't believe that place is still around.

That being said though, we didn' really have any really bad dining. We had a few places that I could take or leave, but we knew that going in and really only did for the whole experience for the kids - Coral Reef, Chef Mickey's, Liberty Tree. But, we really enjoyed Boma, 50's Diner, Boatwright's and Yorkshire Fish Shop.

But, the worst meal, individual dish and overall terrible experience we had was at Tortuga. There were 7 of us and not one of us could even finish our food. It gave us all terrible indigestion and just left an overall bad feeling for the rest of the day. needless to say, that place did not make the cut for our next trip!

Calamari City at Raglan Road. Or more accurately, "the mass of doughy fried garbage thrown onto a plate." Just lazy work in the kitchen.

Ok, so this thread has me a bit freaked out. We are not on a DP and will be paying OOP for all our meals. Has anyone asked if something truly horrible and inedible that they ordered can be taken off their bill? If so, what was the response you recieved? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter