what's the worst thing you've eaten at wdw?

I can easily say my worst meal ever at WDW was at Tonys Town Sq...omg it was awful. The pasta was mushy (us Italians know good pasta should be al dente!!) and the sauce tasted like ketchup from a can. Maybe I am picky because Ive grown up with incredible Italian chef influences in my family, but I know good pasta and sauce and THIS was not it. I have never gone back since!

I would have to agree....not only was the sauce bad, but I believe Tony's has the worst meatballs EVER.:eek: I was tempted to give the chef my recipe so no one would else would have to suffer.

The butcher steak at Sci-Fi. They burned it so bad that it was like a brick of charcoal. We were actually laughing so hard we were crying while trying to cut it. The sad part is that the waitress took it back and offered to try again, and the second one was just as bad! They took it off the bill.

I'm not a picky eater, so enjoyed most everything I have eaten at WDE, but I did have one disappointment during our last trip. I got a peanut butter cookie with caramel drizzle from the Karamel Shop in Germany - it was NASTY - the cookie was so hard and tasteless. I was super disappointed. We re-visited the shop later in the week and got some other goodies that were fantastic, so that made up for it.

To all the posters who think they got foodborne illness from food they thought tasted disgusting. The chances are you probably caught the famous "norovirus" from WDW. Just like the "norovirus" hits the cruise ships, it also hits, super crowded places like WDW. There is no way to tell you have a foodborne illness without tests, you can't just assume it was the last meal you ate since many foodborne illnesses can take 8 hours to days before you start having symptoms. Gross tasting food is not indicative of food that is contaminated with bacteria or viruses. I am a health inspector and have worked in the public health field for 17 years. I know WDW has a very strict policy for their food service establishments and work hard to serve "safe" food. "Safe" food doesn't always mean "tasty" food.

To all the posters who think they got foodborne illness from food they thought tasted disgusting. The chances are you probably caught the famous "norovirus" from WDW. Just like the "norovirus" hits the cruise ships, it also hits, super crowded places like WDW. There is no way to tell you have a foodborne illness without tests, you can't just assume it was the last meal you ate since many foodborne illnesses can take 8 hours to days before you start having symptoms. Gross tasting food is not indicative of food that is contaminated with bacteria or viruses. I am a health inspector and have worked in the public health field for 17 years. I know WDW has a very strict policy for their food service establishments and work hard to serve "safe" food. "Safe" food doesn't always mean "tasty" food.
:thumbsup2

I had an overcooked and pretty bland tasting burger at sci-fi. That being said, it wasn't the worst burger I've ever had, and considering the atmosphere, I'd still go back.

Two items come to mind: I thought I was taking a bite of something like potato salad at the Biergarten. Turns out it was cold herring salad. NOT a good kind of surprise!
The second item was at Kona Cafe. I went to take a bite of what looked to be a salad type garnish on the plate. Ends up it had a clump of mud/dirt in it. I did not want to draw attention to it as it would have upset the other diners at our table so I discreetly spit it into a napkin and went on with my meal. I am VERY careful about garnishes now!

yak and yeti quick service is the nasty food I've ever come across..which is so funny becuase yake and yeti table servies is my most favorite restaurant...

I took the "wrong scrambled eggs" at BOMA. If you've been there for breakfast, you know what I'm talking about.

The counter service at Japan. I got the chicken/beef combo and it was so fatty, I ate the rice and threw the rest of the plate away. Ewwww

Ditto the Japanese CS. I had the chicken and my husband had the beef ... it was all the pieces and parts that couldn't be used in something else. Gross. I threw the whole thing away and stopped at Tangerine Cafe.

You must really, really not like Tony's! :rotfl:

I totally agree ... We ate at Tony's once and the best thing was a tapenade for the bread. The waitress proceeded to tell us that the sauces comes in in big plastic containers and the soup in plastic bags that all they have to do is heat it up. I'm not naive and know restaurants order from a foodservice delivery company, but as I'm eating a mediocre meal do you have to tell me that it's just reheated school food?:eek:

My husband and I both ordered the cube steak at the trex restaurant in downtown disney and It was so bad. We didnt want to send it back we just asked for our bill and the server asked what was wrong and we just said that it wasnt something we liked, and they took it off the bill without us asking.

We stood in line for over an hour just to put our name on the waiting list. That was back in 2010 if i remember right

We lucked out and most everything we had one our last trip was fairly good, but my least favorite (and it wasn't that bad) was the caramel corn Caramel Kuchen (wrong spelling, I'm sure). It was really sticky and I like my caramel corn to be dry and crisp. I also think it is so hyped on these boards that my expectations were way too high.

Ditto the Japanese CS. I had the chicken and my husband had the beef ... it was all the pieces and parts that couldn't be used in something else. Gross. I threw the whole thing away and stopped at Tangerine Cafe.

This is good to know. I totally wouldn't like that.

Two worst meals we ever had were at ABC Commissary and 1900 Park Fare dinner. We loved the characters at that dinner, but have never gone back because the food was awful. So disappointing, because we reallly used to like breakfast there. Haven't had breakfast there since then, either.

The pepperoni flatbread at Beach Club Marketplace.
It was small, pale, thin and tasted like cardboard :sad2:

The chicken caesar stuffed in a bread roll at Min & Bills Dockside Diner in DHS. It sounded good - but the bread was so incredibly hard it was inedible. I ended up breaking the bread (nearly had to beat it against the table to crack it open) and ate the salad. It sounded good - but it was terrible. Add to that how long we had to wait for it - 20 minutes! Watching them stuff the salad in the bread was like watching paint dry.

Ok, I've had some pretty bad experiences (even though I really like WDW dining. Having bad food is a part of it, though.)

Worst CS Dining: ABC Commissary. The food would take whatever taste is left from your mouth. People should use it to reset your palette. Horrible!

Worst Single Item in CS: That stir-fry mess at ABC Commissary. Wow! It was absolutely amazing that something could taste like that. It tasted plastic!

Worst TS Dining: Hollywood and Vine. This place was actually funny. The last time we ate there, I left full. You know why? I drank about 6 glasses of Cranberry Juice (good Cranberry Juice!) EVERYTHING else was inedible! We took a picture of the chocolate dragon and left. The buffet, the wait staff and the food were all a mess. Don't read the menu, either because it reads much better than it tastes.

Worst Single Item in TS: Nothing at Holloywood and Vine tastes good, but San Angel Inn had the funniest. I remember eating something that came with mixed vegetables. It was Veg-All. It wasn't bad, but it was classic Veg-all. I thought that was really funny because you can really taste the can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter