Whats up with the Delays for Marathon Weekend??

Do we think the delays in registration will hurt the number of people who sign up for Marathon weekend? I feel like some people may talk themselves out of signing up now, or choose another destination to race instead.

Do we think the delays in registration will hurt the number of people who sign up for Marathon weekend? I feel like some people may talk themselves out of signing up now, or choose another destination to race instead.
No I don't think so. I think most that were already planning on doing it will still do it.

I’ve honestly never paid close attention to the fees I guess. What do the active fees account to on a dopey registration?

It’s gotta be major changes for them to be delaying almost 2 months.

I can’t wait to get signed up, this is one of my favorite events Of the year!

I’ve honestly never paid close attention to the fees I guess. What do the active fees account to on a dopey registration?

Dopey is like $560ish before Active fees and closer to $600 after. I think it was like $585ish?

Dopey is like $560ish before Active fees and closer to $600 after. I think it was like $585ish?

Lots of money then

I had been wondering why the delays as things had been pretty consistent. I was fine with registration not being at 11 months, this is more tolerable

No I don't think so. I think most that were already planning on doing it will still do it.
It will be interesting to see how quickly they sell as compared to years' past. I actually prefer it being closer to the date. It helps that Wine & Dine and Marathon sign-ups won't be on back to back credit card statements.

6.5-7% of the registration cost. That also applies to any pre-order merchandise that you get through Active...Race Retreat, etc.
Lots of money then

I had been wondering why the delays as things had been pretty consistent. I was fine with registration not being at 11 months, this is more tolerable
I think runDisney actually HAVING a delay is what is consistent at this point...

I would think that as long as they are pretty much ready at the beginning of June it may even help them. People will be a lot more aware of what their fitness level will be 6-7 months out compared to 8-9. Of course if they wait too long then people miss the window where they would start training.

I would think that as long as they are pretty much ready at the beginning of June it may even help them. People will be a lot more aware of what their fitness level will be 6-7 months out compared to 8-9. Of course if they wait too long then people miss the window where they would start training.
I was thinking this too. I think some people sign up in the frenzy & with good intentions of putting in the training, but put off training starting since it's soooo far off & boom before they know it's winter and races are upon them.

Maybe just maybe pre-order merchandise could be expanded upon if runDisney takes over! This would be so much better than the merchandise frenzy at the expo. I think I am being too optimistic though.
Yeah I feel like expanding pre-order opportunities would only be a good thing for them (along wit showing pictures of what is included in the bundles!). We hear about runners missing out on stuff they want at the expo, this way they get what they want (still having to actually GO to the expo to pick up their items), runDisney knows exactly how many items they need to make/have available, and the eBay-ers still can go do the crazy lines at the expo and whatnot. runDisney just seems to be so slow on the uptake though...I mean, it took them seemingly FOREVER to figure out that it was advantageous to have stuff available after the race weekends (example: lots of people are too superstitious to buy "I Did It" shirts ahead of time...after being around for 20+ years they only JUST started making those available online after the fact!), so who knows if they'll ever "fix" the merchandise issues. :confused3

It didn't last long though with merchandise showing up online after the races though. This year only a couple marathon things (the throw & backpack) & the Finisher jacket showed up. Wine & Dine last year not sure if anything did. Princess had Finisher jackets and maybe that backpack show up. It was short lived but nice while they did it for a few races early last year.

It didn't last long though with merchandise showing up online after the races though. This year only a couple marathon things (the throw & backpack) & the Finisher jacket showed up. Wine & Dine last year not sure if anything did. Princess had Finisher jackets and maybe that backpack show up. It was short lived but nice while they did it for a few races early last year.
I think they usually do that for stuff that they still have a lot of stock of which is why its only certain items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter