When are you planning to return to DLR?

We will probably wait a few weeks to see how everything goes initially, and then (assuming we can get a reservation) we will make the plunge for a trip. My only main hesitation now would be flying, but we live in Sacramento so also have the option of driving.

We will probably wait a few weeks to see how everything goes initially, and then (assuming we can get a reservation) we will make the plunge for a trip. My only main hesitation now would be flying, but we live in Sacramento so also have the option of driving.
Im probably the same. I will wait a bit before going. We also live in the bay which is why I am even thinking of going because we can drive. At this moment right now i do not want to be on a plane. But who knows how i might feel once DL opens.

I am also wondering how they are going to decide who gets a reservation in to the park.

We have a trip planned at PPH 11/24-11/28/20. It would be our first trip during Thanksgiving. We usually go in the summer. We are sooooo hoping for a reopening announcement soon. There's that word "soon" again. I'm beginning to not like that word very much if you know what I mean. :wave2:

I re-booked my cancelled April San Diego/ Anaheim trip to this Saturday. I planning on going despite the park being closed. Not sure when I'll get back to Disneyland - all depends on cost of hotels and how much vacation time I can get.

We are hoping for summer of 2021 (For Donald’s birthday and sons graduation present) or November 2021. We have decided we won’t be trying this year even if they open tomorrow.

June 2021 hopefully. We have Boardwalk booked for June of 2021 at least so hopefully it happens. Sadly, nothing at all is certain.

Well, we are planning a big Route 66 trip and landing in Disneyland the last weekend in June 2021. Our plan is to do one day in each park. We are staying right across the street, so easy to take breaks and go back and forth. I am hoping they are fully opened and running normally by then with parades, characters and fireworks. My kids and I have never been there and my husband hasn't been since he was a teenager. If not, we are going to just wait another year, and do it after my middle son graduates high school. We have all the reservations made all across Route 66, in LA for a week, onto San Francisco for a few days and then back across to the east coast on a different route on the way home. I had high hopes we would be past this thing by now, but I am starting to lose all that hope slowly.

Last edited:
We have reservations at the GC booked for the second week of November. We will take a wait and see attitude if the parks actually reopen soon. We’re only less than two hours from the park.

I have a single day, single park ticket burning a hole in my pocket and a January 2021 expiration date looming ahead of me (c'mon Disney! Extend the date of those already!)

Reminder for those participating in this thread: Please keep your posts on topic in answering the OP's question. This is not a thread about COVID per se, personal opinions/arguments about public health, personal life philosophies, etc. If your post is off topic or argumentative, it will be deleted.
For those who are answering the OP's question and keeping this thread going with what might be a cheerful or sad answer -- and everyone's answer is personal and valid -- thank you!
Now, let's get back to the discussion!

We had planned on a spring break trip the third week of March, nope.
Then we had planned a trip for last week of May, nada.
And then, there was the second week of August, didn't happen.
We have not had a vacation in several years, the wife really needs one! She needs a Disney Trip! We had planned a couple trips last year that were all cancelled for business reasons. We refuse to go to WDW cause the better half hates it with a passion. Nothing can match DL, PERIOD! Nothing! It truly changes the wife, just being there. It enhances her CALM, so to speak. It just takes a few minutes of walking down Main Street USA, window shopping. Looking at the castle or watching a DL character appear and start to interact with a park guest. I have watched the change occur numerous times, It is a good thing, yes it is!
DL really, really, really needs to reopen for the sake of the sanity of it's regular guests! WDW has reopened and it has not had any adverse effects on the human race. We will be going back to DL shortly after the reopening truly happens. As long as there is not a scheduling conflict with a client of course. The wife truly needs a DisneyLand Fix, so to speak. Last week she booked a trip for us to Branson, Mo! Yes, Branson Mo, she already purchased tickets to two Dinner Shows and a comedy show of some sorts. Aaahhrrgg! I feel like Gomez Adams when the school councilor told him his children needed to act NORMAL! A week in Branson watching music shows? What is the world coming to?
DL needs to reopen! Yes, we will be there shortly afterwards to enjoy it!. four or five days at the DLH or the Grand, several character meals. Some quality pictures with Mickey, Minnie, & Goofy and our lives will be close to being back to normal. It really needs to happen! :hyper2:
The wife came to her senses and cancelled the trip to BRANSON! It cast about $100 in fees to cancel but, I feel it was worth $100 not to have to go sit through the shows! DisneyLand has got to, got to, got to re-open soon!

Thank you again to everyone who is keeping this discussion going with different points of view and by sharing personal experiences that relate to answering the OP's question. Let's keep in mind that everyone's experience and answer is valid, even when we disagree. Disagreement doesn't have to automatically equal insult. In this stressful time and place, let's give each other the grace we would like to receive ourselves from others.

Was interesting to learn on the other thread that it was because of the unions that DW was required to mandate masks. So I don't see that changing ever. Once unions want something it's there permanently. That will follow at DL. It is what it is, and will be what it will be. We won't go back because of both that (unbearable to us) and drastically reduced attractions

I can say from recent (just last week) experience, airports are a COMPLETELY different animal from what they were pre-COVID. The three I was in were ghost towns. It was almost a pleasure. Security was a breeze, finding a place to sit near the gate was easy, and the whole thing was totally different from before. The three planes I was on had 44, 68, and 84 people on them. I flew Southwest, and they're being really careful about everything. I would not hesitate to fly somewhere right now.
I’ve done three (about to do my fourth) round trip cross country and will say it has changed since you’ve reported this. The first trip was like you stated but the last two trips, planes were packed each leg. Airports packed too, not pre-Covid levels but quite busy. Also, this depends where you’re flying in and out of too. Most of ours are Pdx, PIT, SEA, ORD. Airlines are doing the best they can I think. We’ve flown only on Alaska since March and “most” people wear masks. For example we had 3 people in the row right in front of us that were told 4 times to pull their masks up, each time as soon as the flight attendant would leave they would pull them down. I feel so bad for the flight attendants, that has got to be a not so fun job right now....

If DLR manages to keep attendance low with rigid safety protocols like WDW, I'd like to go as soon as they open. However, it's roughly a 19 hour drive and there's no way I'm flying for a vacation.

I had to fly round trip once this year for a family issue, and experienced similar issues to kappyfamily. Maybe once we figure out the long-term after-effects, my attitude will change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter