When do you think the border will reopen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if Canada will open to other areas before the US. I just would like to head south this winter :) Doesn't have to be to the US or even on a cruise, we've never done an all inclusive so I'd be open to that depending on where and how things are going. I think I will be avoiding the US until after the election and then we'll see.
I was thinking the same. A relaxing all inclusive beach vacation sounds so nice right about now. We also will likely be avoiding the US for the remainder of the year
I can see that happening. I really would like to get away somewhere, because that would at least make things feel like they're getting back to normal. But of course I don't want to rush things.
I would really love this to be the case. My dh wants us to go away in October for a week at an all inclusive (usually we go to Mexico but at this point I'm open to any destination with an all inclusive). That 14 day quarantine though man.....ugh.
The problem is if they're also open to other countries in that county. If an all inclusive in Cancun opens to Canadians, there's a good chance that it also opens to Americans, so you'd end up spending your vacation surrounded by Americans anyways.

In most cases people just weren't aware of what's excluded in their policy: pre-existing conditions, medical conditions that are not considered stable, etc. Like with anything, it is very important to read your policy wording to know exactly what you are covered and not covered for. The onus is on you to do the research to protect yourself, and not on anyone else. I have and I'm confident my policy will respond should I get sick while traveling. If you're not confident, don't travel.

Since the air border is already open to many countries like Europe and Mexico, I think we'll see greater travel this winter to destinations other than the US until people feel more confident traveling there. Cancun is already opening up so that's my goal for October!

I’m sorry but no it’s not always people not reading the policies. There have been cases where insurance companies have refused to cover people because they had a change in medication that is unrelated to their illness while away. Or because they didn’t go to the doctor for headaches they had been having, thinking they weren’t serious.

I know you think that after reading policies you are covered. But unless you get confirmation in writing that you will be covered for covid, and during a travel advisory I wouldn’t count on it.

The US may be shut to us but Europe just opened up

"Citizens from the following countries will be allowed into the EU's 27 members and four other nations in Europe's visa-free Schengen travel zone: Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay. "

Europe opens borders

I’m sorry but no it’s not always people not reading the policies. There have been cases where insurance companies have refused to cover people because they had a change in medication that is unrelated to their illness while away. Or because they didn’t go to the doctor for headaches they had been having, thinking they weren’t serious.

I know you think that after reading policies you are covered. But unless you get confirmation in writing that you will be covered for covid, and during a travel advisory I wouldn’t count on it.
But that is exactly what I mean: meds change and therefore it's not a stable event. That is disclosed in the policy wording. People just didn't understanding the wording.

And I do have it in writing, as previously mentioned in another post. Both related to COVID and travel advisories. I'm lucky enough to be covered by my group plan, though all 3 major group plans are providing coverage. So I will be counting on it. Helps that I'm an insurance broker, so it is my wheelhouse, so to speak :)

"Citizens from the following countries will be allowed into the EU's 27 members and four other nations in Europe's visa-free Schengen travel zone: Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay. "

Europe opens borders

And is closed to the US. I have never really looked into a European vacation. Perhaps I will consider it.

Europe opens borders
Wow I’m surprised they are already open. I didn’t see anything about quarantine for 14 days either...

If your ex breaks quarantine just report them. I think people can be fined.

That would make coparenting for the next 14 years worse than it is now. If god forbid he gets to Toronto I will in writing send my stern warning letter that he won’t be seeing the kids and then if he wants to hold it against me in a court room .. then I’m not the problem

My concern would be if god forbid another outbreak and they tell you to come home like they did and the nightmare of finding flights etc. As bad as I want to go away if I can’t drive home right now I won’t consider it

Agreed! This is one of the reasons we cancelled our March a few days before they announced schools closing, and Disney closing. Things were changing so fast that we didn’t want to be there a have things start to shut down.

My daughter and I were talking about that the other day. It was crazy how quickly things changed. We went from planning to go and actually starting to pack, to a few days later cancelling. Then we heard schools were closing etc.

So while the ban on international travelers was extended to July 31st, the mandatory quaratine act is still in place until August 31st. Why do they expire at different times? If he's lifting the ban on July 31st (which I doubt but just go with me....) who is going to come as long as their is a mandatory quarantine in place? I find that odd.....

Yes, but Americans ALSO travel to Mexico. They are there right now at all inclusives. I'm on the tripadvisor forums for Mexico, Jamaica and Punta Cana and Mexico by far is the most lenient on letting just anyone in their country.

Yes, but Americans ALSO travel to Mexico. They are there right now at all inclusives. I'm on the tripadvisor forums for Mexico, Jamaica and Punta Cana and Mexico by far is the most lenient on letting just anyone in their country.
I never really considered Cuba before now I might if we want an all inclusive ...

So while the ban on international travelers was extended to July 31st, the mandatory quaratine act is still in place until August 31st. Why do they expire at different times? If he's lifting the ban on July 31st (which I doubt but just go with me....) who is going to come as long as their is a mandatory quarantine in place? I find that odd.....
There are still Canadians stuck in other countries that could return. Immediate family members that aren't Canadian that want to come here would have to quarrantine, etc. Those people wouldn't be banned as international travelers.

i wonder of its easier to do the mandatory quarantine less often as it’s probably a public health mandate . I wonder if it’s simply a red-tape issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter