When you go to Disney World, do you go anywhere else?

For right now, we only visit WDW when we're in the Orlando area. My 8-year-old is starting to get into the Harry Potter series and that coupled with her very adventurous personality means that we'll be adding Universal to our plans. We won't be visiting on our trip in December, but I've tacked on 3 nights at Portofino Bay in June.

We only do Disney... but we go for 2 weeks and typically do Disney every other day, with days of going to the mall or beach in between

WDW only. If it's just my daughter and I or just my mother and I, I park the car and don't see it again for a week. Same thing if we go to US...although we've never been there for an entire week yet... Just a couple of days before a cruise.

The last two times in Orlando we were at WDW and stayed there. We are heading to Universal soon and are spending one evening at mvmcp, but the rest of the trip fully at Universal.

We just do Disney. However, my dd and DH were thinking of doing one day in Universal this time. Correct me if I am wrong but the cost is crazy in comparison to Disney!!! Is that right or am I not looking in the right place?

It’s nuts! It was over 500 for one day if you want to see both parks and ride the train. Maybe domekbe knows of a different cheaper way to buy but I haven’t seen it.

We have several off property places where we like to go eat. I've done Universal and Sea World, but don't have any real desire to go back. I like shopping both at the outlets and the major malls.

As we drive I enjoy stopping in Mobile at Bellingrath Gardens and at their fabulous restaurants. We've also stopped at St. Augustine on the way home.

The Kennedy Space Centre is cool too :)

And I have to see Cirque du Soleil and Blue Man Group!
We saw blue man group in Vegas this summer. It was so amazing. Great show, my ds loved it!

We are going to Kennedy Space Center. Next year.

In over 35 trips to WDW, the only time we've left Disney property was to go to the Disney Nature Preserve a couple of times, never any other theme park.

As in other parks or are you strictly a Disney World family/person/couple? Do you go to Seaworld, Universal Studios?

My DH is set on only going to WDW, but I am worried we might be missing something.

We go to the airport, does that count as somewhere else? LOL

We've done Universal a few times, but not while we were staying in the Disney bubble. Usually if we plan a trip that involves things other than WDW, we stay off property. The last time we did Universal, we stayed at Universal and some members of our family did only Universal, some did only Disney and some did both.

Islands of Adventure at US is a great theme park. The other part, not so much...... and we do split trips, but not just to theme parks. The Springs of Central Florida are one of the most beautiful areas of the US - Rock Spring at Kelly Park, Blue Spring State Park, Juniper, Alexander, Salt Srprings in Ocala National Forest, Wekiva Spring. Great snorkeling and swimming.

We keep meaning to fit US/IoA into one of our trips but it never seems to happen. If we drive, we sometimes tack on a day or two for other FL attractions, but they're not theme parks - they're beaches or nature or other more laid back stops. On our next trip, we're making side trips to Daytona on the way down and a state park on the Gulf Coast on the way home. We just never seem to have the time or the budget to cram two theme park destinations into one vacation.

We stay in the bubble....we once traveled outside the bubble and it seemed odd and the trip was not the same. We drove and did not take DME and we missed it too. So the bubble is good for us. It has everything we need!

As in other parks or are you strictly a Disney World family/person/couple? Do you go to Seaworld, Universal Studios?

My DH is set on only going to WDW, but I am worried we might be missing something.

Only to Disney. We stay onsite in the bubble for 10 days - just the way we like it. Then, when we leave, it's behind us, and we're ready for the 'real' world again. Doesn't bother us at all when we leave - have been totally saturated!! :)

This is our 8th Christmas trip to WDW, the first two years we spent one day at Seawor;d, then the last 5 years it's been Disney all the way. This year it's one day at Universal out of 17 park days, and that's just for Harry Potter stuff really.

We do either/or for Universal and Disney. We want multiple days at whichever one we go to and it makes the tickets crazy expensive. I can do a week or more at one cheaper than a split trip. Love Universal and next trip is planned for there at Christmas.

We have done a day at Sea World during a WDW trip and during a Uni trip.

Want to do Busch Gardens but thinking it will be combined with a beach trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter