Where are the BEST CRABCAKES in the WDW Area or I Drive area?

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
:hyper: We want crabcakes! We love crabcakes and remember eating them
at that boat - fulton's? in 99. They were SO SMALL it was ridiculous and they were $18 !! for 2 tiny little things.

Where can we get the BEST crabcakes in a fun atmosphere???
:confused: :wave2:

My mother really enjoyed the ones at Liberty Tree Tavern. They are served at lunch as an appetizer. She said it was her best meal of the trip.

Lori

wow! we are going there for dinner for MNSSHP !

i don't remember reading about that for dinner - think it's turkey and stuff....

We had good crabcakes at Rainforest Cafe and better ones at Narcoosee's.

If you visit the Boardwalk area, try the Flying Fish Cafe!

The crabcakes there are awesome!! ::yes:: They are offered as a Starter, $14 for two, but they're a good size, and you can also request them for your entree, which is what I always do! :)

They are a 'must have' tradition for me! :)

I've only had them at Olivia's at OKW and theirs were good. Of course I'm no expert on crabcakes, but I liked them.

Well----my suggestion is to stop in Baltimore on your way down:D :D

Seriously, I've not found a crabcake at WDW that even comes close to the real thing and I long since stopped ordering them.
Tried them at Olivias, Fultons, Narcoosee's and Citricos. Most were what I'd call "tastefully sweet" but lacking the backfin/ jumbo lump crabmeat and essential seasonings that make a good crabcake.

Uncleromulus- I agree!
Once you have had an authentic crabcake, all others suffer from the comparison...
Anyone want my recipe (from Baltimore family of crab lovers)?

I thought the crabcakes at RFC had a fair taste, but the texture was weird and mushy.

Originally posted by Tarheel Tink
Uncleromulus- I agree!
Once you have had an authentic crabcake, all others suffer from the comparison...
Anyone want my recipe (from Baltimore family of crab lovers)?

YES!!! Please post it :).

We don't particularly care for any of the crab cakes in WDW. I don't even order them when we go to WDW. Being from the "Chesapeake Bay blue crab" area, we use plenty of Old Bay Seasoning, and I don't think any of the WDW restaurants do this. By the way, the recipe on the Old Bay can IMO is the greatest! Good luck on your quest!

Crabcakes

1 pound of backfin or lump crabmeat (pick out any cartilage, do not use clawmeat)
1 egg- beaten
3 slices of bread- picked small
1 tsp. minced onion (optional)
1 tsp. Old Bay (or more;) )
1 tsp. dry mustard OR 1 TB. prepared mustard
2 level TB of mayo
1 TB of Worchestershire

Mix all ingredients making sure to gently mix- crabmeat is not cheap so don't break it up! Form patties and panfry on medium heat until golden brown.
(if mixture is too moist add crushed saltines) The goal with the bread is to bind the mixture only, not to make a statement in itself. The crab is king!

I serve with tartar sauce (we use jalepenos minced up in it).
Enjoy!:hyper:

I do love FF's crab cakes. Less expensive and similar are the ones at the Yacht Club Galley.

Tarheeltink: YUM!!!

Madhatter266:
No-they don't. And that Old Bay recepie is the one we always use whenever we make crabcakes (and can find jumbo lump at a reasonable price!)
Mrs Uncleromulus wouldn't have it any other way--she works for McCormick, who now make and distribute Old Bay!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter