Where do YOU plug your ECV in at in the parks

Swapped out the ECV in the middle of the trip due to a bad bearing. No, it is the model.

Many of us have rented the same scooter from Gold. Battery lasts all day.
Real weight limit is 200 lbs. Mfg has a higher limit. I've heard at 250 lbs battery life is cut in half.

Gold uses, when available, extended batteries. Gold replaces scooters every 9 months.

This may a vendor issue.

Let's not forget that a bad bearing is not outside the limits for a mechanical device.

The Guest (@cdurham1) was not necessarily responsible for the failure of the bearing. That could have happened for any number of reasons (especially depending on which bearing was affected) that all could have occurred prior to our new friend's rental of the unit.

We had to replace a wheel bearing on one of my personal mobility devices after I wound up driving through a deeper puddle (it *looked* shallow until I got about halfway through! LOL) at WDW. My husband speculated that dirty floodwater got into the bearing and trashed it. It was a $5 repair; luckily he is my live-in mechanic! but it also didn't fail until after we were home. If I had not put 2 + 2 together, we might still be sitting here wondering why it failed.

As far as the battery issue goes, in the future our new friend might be better served by renting a unit that is designed to go all day (or at least 8 hours). That, coupled with best practices when it comes to battery management (fully charging the battery over night every night, turning it off whenever you are not moving, not using accessories that are connected to the battery like horn/USB chargers, headlights, etc.) might make for a much less stressful trip overall.

I know there are a lot of Gold fans, but I just looked at their website and they even say the GOGO scooters (the portable kind) have a 4.5 hour max. As compared to their larger model which has a much longer battery life.

I weigh 210 pounds, btw.

My point is that the portable scooters are not going to last you all day. No way, not even close. I guess you can maximize the time by not moving too much, but that isn't how I like to do the parks.

If anyone is planning on going and doesn't have a requirement for a model that can be packed up in your car, 100% I would recommend the big models.

I know there are a lot of Gold fans, but I just looked at their website and they even say the GOGO scooters (the portable kind) have a 4.5 hour max. As compared to their larger model which has a much longer battery life.

I weigh 210 pounds, btw.

My point is that the portable scooters are not going to last you all day. No way, not even close. I guess you can maximize the time by not moving too much, but that isn't how I like to do the parks.

If anyone is planning on going and doesn't have a requirement for a model that can be packed up in your car, 100% I would recommend the big models.
The Victory model from Gold is much more comfortable. Gold, and others, provide the much more comfortable Captain's Chair. The battery life is better.

That said many of us rented the Go Go from Gold. I agree, only if you need to dissassemble the unit so you can transport it in your trunk.

The 4.5 hour is actual drive time. Guests driving the GoGo have to turn off the scooter when not driving. Off when dining. Off during pre shows. Off if the line stops for a few minutes. I'm referring to when the line stops, while waiting for another show or pre-show to load.
Don't load the scooter with heavy items. Don't stuff the basket with bottled water.

Many of us are able to use the scooter all day.

Again only rent the go go if you absolutely need to dissassemble it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter