Where will the next new fee be...let's make a list!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For an extra charge - say $10 per person per bus ride - you will be able to wait for your bus under cover, where you will be given a cold drink and a corsage. Then, on the bus, you'll be able to sit down.

If you don't pay the extra, I'm undecided... Obviously, you'll wait out in the (potential) rain (but at least that will give you something to drink), then you'll either stand on a bus with no seats or get to jog behind the first bus.

;););)

ETA: Don't know why I didn't think of it before ...cabanas at the bus stops!

Last edited:
I really am expecting a resort fee next. You know people look at those animals at AKL and the pool at YC/BC lets tack on an extra $100 a day. And you will be told its OK is industry standard.

Disney has so many more choices to add fees in addition to parking! Just think!

A fee to ride the monorail!

A fee for a magic band when staying on site!

A fee to have your picture taken in front of a. Cinderella's castle b. Tree of Life c. Spaceship Earth!

A fee to ride the buses to parks!

A fee for each fast pass!

A fee to visit Disney Springs!

A fee when we actually enter Disney property as we drive along World Drive. Just a big ol' bucket that says, "Drop in your wallet!"

:flower:

Please! I'm sure the bean counters have thought of these any many more, but let's not help them out! :rolleyes:

You know how they charge extra for the 3rd and 4th adult in the room? They could charge extra for the 2nd adult in the room--after all, it's more work for them and more electricity is used and more water, etc. In fact, they could charge extra for the 1st adult in the room, because if you rent the room but don't occupy it, it's much easier to maintain. Call it a "check-in fee."

guys, this is hilarious and very sad at the same time! lol
I'm kinda worried now.

They will keep rising the prices and creating new fees as much as them hotels and parks keep rising in attendance.
Why would I charge $5 if I can charge $10 and people still want to buy it? you know? :(

During peak times guests pay 1000$ and more per night for some standard rooms with a view at the monorail resorts. I do not think they care for parking fees.

When some guests stay away because of more and more fees, someone else will make a booking, especially during peak times.

It is sad for some guests that staying on site is getting more and more out of budget, but Disney always finds a way how to make more profit, there is always someone who is willing to pay.

I would not be surprised about some fees that were already listed here

Disney is getting out of hands, soon people will just visit the parks and will leave a hard side cooler in their cars like people do now because of the outrageous prices, I understand all the nice discounts over the last decade were triggered because of the recession, Disney is creating their own little recession and IMO off-site hotels are going to benefit from the flock of people leaving Disney bubble. When renting a car and staying off site is cheaper than staying onsite.
As for the next fee... under 2 years old day pass

I know this is post is probably tongue in cheek, but I would expect a "resort fee" and paid fastpass next. Universal and I think Six Flags and Sea World all already offer a "flat fee" unlimited daily line skip option, and they've seen that people are willing to pay extra for CL fastpasses and Maxpass at DLR. The days of $100/day unlimited front of line pass or a VIP ticket option can't be far behind.

A re-entry fee. Want to go back to the hotel in the afternoon it will cost you to go back to the park. The pools are already fenced in why not charge for them. A sensor on the refrigerator door everytime you open it charges a dollar. Magical express from the airport to your hotel will still be free (although you are already paying for it)but if you want to leave and go back to the airport 79.99 per person but it’ll come with a “free” bottle of water. Full price for children under two and pregnant women are now required to buy two tickets. Want to complain about these fees it’ll cost ya ten dollars to go to guest relations and lodge a complaint, which of course will go to no one

Last edited:
A fee to use the pool at the resort

I could see this happening in the form of a daily "resort fee", like you see at hotels in Vegas or Waikiki or other resort areas. Flat fee per day to cover the cost of internet, resort package delivery, pools, gyms/spas (that have them), etc....

Or I could see them offering an optional fee for those who want to pool hop. Staying at Pop Century? Pay a flat fee per person and you can swim at Stormalong Bay!

I totally expect there to be a parking fee at Disney Springs. :guilty:

I do too, because people will be parking their cars there and using the bus to get back to their resort. If they are charging people like me to park my car at my resort, they should be charging for DME. We don't fly to WDW, we drive.

I do too, because people will be parking their cars there and using the bus to get back to their resort. If they are charging people like me to park my car at my resort, they should be charging for DME. We don't fly to WDW, we drive.

They don’t allow overnight parking at DS though so it wouldn’t help with the parking fee. I can see them charging for parking at DS with validation if you spend a certain amount.

I agree that it is only fair to charge for DME if they are charging for parking, especially as DME costs them a lot of money to operate. But personally I don’t think they should charge for either since they charge such over inflated resort rates to begin with. If you are going to break out parts of the resort charge to become fees, then you need to lower your resort rate accordingly.

I wonder if and when they will stop allowing outside food and drink into the Parks.
I could see this being eliminated, except for those who have special dietary needs.

I really think paid fastpasses will push me over the edge of souring my vacations. I can't imagine my life without Disney trip, but having to pay for FP or allowing guests with more money preferred ride access would just really upset me. Please, Disney, don't take that route.

Use of shower fee in your room. They can have a coin slot like at the car wash. $2 for the first 4 minutes and $1 for each additional minute after.

If you want to get the toilet seat to raise then that will be $3.50 per day (unlimited use of the tiolet for that day).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter