Where will the next new fee be...let's make a list!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember not long ago, reading an article about how the high-end retailers and the discount retailers are booming, and the mid-range ones are struggling. Looks like Disney has decided to cultivate it's high-end appeal at the expense of every one else. It's a short-term gain, long term loss plan. They make a ton of money now, but one of the reasons I love Disney so much is that my lower-middle class income parents were able to take us to Disney every year as a kid. Kids today won't grow up with Disney like I did, because their parents won't be able to afford to go more than once, and in 20 years, Disney won't be the go-to destination that it is now.

These are so funny but sadly might come true. Please keep them coming anyway lol

Use of shower fee in your room. They can have a coin slot like at the car wash. $2 for the first 4 minutes and $1 for each additional minute after.

If you want to get the toilet seat to raise then that will be $3.50 per day (unlimited use of the tiolet for that day).

When DS was a teenager I would have had to take out a 2nd mortgage to afford his hour long showers, lol.

Hahahahahaha!!!! A corsage, oh my heavens, *wiping tears away* :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Oh just totally hilarious!!! :D

Well they have to have SOME way to identify who should be sitting under the covered waiting area and on the bus and who should be jogging behind the first bus.....

Character meet and greets will be tiered....a charge to look at them, a charge to have a picture, a charge to get an autograph. Of course they will offer a package deal for all three that will "save" you money.

Of course if you have a corsage, you are automatically entitled to wait in line for the super, uber rare characters...

The real question is when will it be enough to deter people from visiting?
Exactly! Here we are all complaining, same thing last spring with all of those price increases, but we still go and give Disney our money? I'm a once a year guest, but a couple of months Wonder what the psychologists would say about that?

A resort fee and fees for fastpass.

I am actually waiting for the loud thud when the economy takes a downturn. A overpriced luxury vacation will be the first to go out of the budget.

I am waiting for it to become like the local DMV, where the charge a "processing fee" for paying the required vehicle registration fee. So when will WDW start charging a fee to pay all the fees?

A fee for a specific hotel floor. You have a stroller/scooter/disability of some sort and need a ground floor--extra $ because those are in such high demand (sarcasm)
You want top floor not to have anyone over you making noise--extra $$ because those are in such really high demand
The middle floor you can have without extra $

I'm surprised they haven't come up with a MAGIC YOUR WAY DINING PLAN. Arrange your own pre-paid dining by choosing the amount of ts/qs and snacks per day. Each category would be a set amount, and of course, there would be a processing fee per day you have the plan.

How has Disney overlooked toll booths on their property? Fees subject to tiering according to high/low seasons of course!

not going to happen, Disney makes way more by having free parking so people come to Disney springs to buy overpriced stuff instead of just charging $10~20 for parking and keeping most people away

Disney was already making way more by having guests stay at their resorts with free parking and overpaying for the convenience of being closer to the "Magic," that didn't stop them. I'm not going to be surprised at all to see free parking at Disney Springs become a thing of the past like so many other things have become a thing of the past at Disney.

Use of shower fee in your room. They can have a coin slot like at the car wash. $2 for the first 4 minutes and $1 for each additional minute after.

If you want to get the toilet seat to raise then that will be $3.50 per day (unlimited use of the tiolet for that day).
Bath/Shower fee at Splash Mountain, like many truck stops do.

While this is tongue in cheek, I have 100% confidence that somewhere, in a board room, every one of these ideas has been listed. And many more. And probably many we will be seeing in the future.

They are shooting themselves in the foot with an over-confidence that they have endless access to our limited funds.

Imagine(r) that lol

I wouldn't be surprised if they added a "resort fee". It is "industry standard" after all which sounds like their reasoning behind the parking fee. Heck, Swan/Dolphin charges one and it's right in their backyard. The "resort fee" will include your "magical extras" - DME, Magic Bands, EMH, charging back to the resorts, park merchandise delivery, park transportation - you know, all the stuff we now get for "free". Even if they added this fee and lowered the nightly rate slightly, they would end up ahead because they don't have to pay 10% TA commissions on "fees", thereby saving a TON of money.

They increase hotel rates in the area of 10% a year last I looked. I’ve cringed forking out almost $200 a night on weekends for values lately & that’s with an APH discount.

I really am expecting a resort fee next. You know people look at those animals at AKL and the pool at YC/BC lets tack on an extra $100 a day. And you will be told its OK is industry standard.

WDW has prided themselves on their resorts being ‘open’ for people to tour who aren’t guests. Perhaps unless one has an ADR they will start to card people entering AK resorts. :rolleyes1

I know this is post is probably tongue in cheek, but I would expect a "resort fee" and paid fastpass next. Universal and I think Six Flags and Sea World all already offer a "flat fee" unlimited daily line skip option, and they've seen that people are willing to pay extra for CL fastpasses and Maxpass at DLR. The days of $100/day unlimited front of line pass or a VIP ticket option can't be far behind.

People would stampede to be able to buy an unlimited FOTL pass for $100 @ WDW

I agree with the others who said resort fees. Only they won't do the "industry standard" of lowering their rates and adding the mandatory resort fee to make their rates seem cheaper. They will leave rates at current sky high prices and charge the resort fee on top of it. Because they are Disney, they think they can do whatever they want and we'll keep opening our pocket books.

Before the proliferation of Uber & Lyft, ME tended to keep guests & all their vacation $ onsite. I can see it being wrapped in a resort fee next go-round.

I think the elimination of age two and under being free to get into the parks will eventually come to an end. I am sure there are many people who do lie about such and this would just eliminate the loss of revenue there.

I keep thinking of this antique joke:
Restaurant patron: "I'd like a glass of water."
Patron's companion: "I'd like water, too, in a clean glass."
Waiter returns with two servings of water and says, "Who ordered the clean glass?"
You know, they do have to wash the glasses. Do we really expect them to do it for free?

Yes, I almost wouldn't put it past Disney, though they may have to stop short on charging for cups of water for guest safety/health when it's hot outside.

I hope I'm not giving anyone at Disney an idea here, but, really, they could charge the same park admission they charge now, but it would only get you into the park. After you got in, you'd have to buy a ticket book much like the old-style A, B, C, D, and E tickets.

Yes, and I've thought of this before, too. When they start charging for FP+, then the current fee you pay to for one day in a theme park will become the entry fee and the charges for FP+ will be like the A,B,C,D tickets of old. They are, in effect, returning to the ticket system of the 1970s but at much, much higher prices.

Air. That's right, a fee for the air you breathe. Remember you read it here first folks.

Yep, $1 per breath of air. At least to start. I mean, that's actually a bargain for Magical Disney Air. If one person won't pay the $1 per breath and "not go to Disney", someone else is surely willing to pay! Probably $5 per breath is not unreasonable, and really, $12 per breath should not raise any objections. Anyone who objects to paying $12 per breath while inside the boundaries of Walt Disney World doesn't have to go and should stop complaining. Your just lucky they're not charging to exhale, but they could if they want because Disney is a business, after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter